Sign in to follow this  
Aariez

Random maximum capacity in large chest

I encountered a strange bug when trying to store mooring ropes in a large chest.  As I created mooring ropes, I was putting them in and at some point (around 60 or 70 ropes) I got the message: "The mooring rope will not fit in the large chest."  I then got another chest to the area and filled it with some mooring ropes and some cordage ropes but noticed that the mooring ropes in the 2nd chest were a higher quantity than the original chest.  Moving ropes from 1 chest to the other, I would get a different maximum quantity each time (never going above 100, though).

Here are some pictures:

1) Trying to add 1 more rope to Chest A (will not fit as message below)

1%20more%20rope_zpsgb97w3ff.jpg

2) Moving stack of 100 from cart to chest A (only 88 fit ... although trying several times will almost always give different numbers ranging from 78 to 94)

moving%20stack%20100_zpsoxihnemt.jpg

3) Splitting 100 ropes between the 2 chests

100%20ropes%20start_zpse8nj80vx.png

4) Moving stack from A to B - 1st movement

Move%20A%20to%20B%20-%201_zpsbjct1roy.pn

4) Moving stack from B to A - 2nd 

move%20b%20to%20a%20-%202_zpsy6hkltpk.pn

5) Moving stack from A to B - 3rd movement

move%20a%20to%20b%20-%203_zpsqgbuzhha.pn

6) Moving full stack from B to A - 4th movement

move%20a%20to%20b%20-%204_zpslupdwkpu.pn

7) And after some playing around, 100 in a chest!

100%20in%20a%20chest_zps4dkohncy.png

I can reproduce this every time so if any other information is needed or would be helpful, please let me know.

I believe this is well known for a long time, but i'll add my 2c: the same was happening to me with backpacks and ribbons, and i've also heard about cauldrons and pans having the same issue.

• Like 1

Were many of these ropes created before today?  If so, that was a known bug.  Ropes that were created with combined resources came out different volumes so took up random amounts of room.  As of today, that bug should be fixed.  If you put the ropes into a BSB it will correct the volume of the odd ones.

This was true for a number of items made with combined resources.  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/111267-mortar/

It was addressed with today's patch:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/145010-patch-notes-08sep16-combat-updates/

If this still happens with items created AFTER today's patch, please let me know.

same with iron products (like nails) and cauldrons. You can put 10 max in some, in some you can fit 70+.

Edited by bangzuvelis

1 hour ago, Alectrys said:

Were many of these ropes created before today?  If so, that was a known bug.  Ropes that were created with combined resources came out different volumes so took up random amounts of room.  As of today, that bug should be fixed.  If you put the ropes into a BSB it will correct the volume of the odd ones.

This was true for a number of items made with combined resources.  http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/111267-mortar/

It was addressed with today's patch:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/145010-patch-notes-08sep16-combat-updates/

If this still happens with items created AFTER today's patch, please let me know.

Ok, sorry ... I didn't connect the patch note with the issue.  Yes, all those ropes were from prior to this patch.  I'll report back after I try with new ones.

• Like 1