Sign in to follow this  
Rusk

[Fixed] Unable to continue in crafting window

After the update today the crafting window has been broken. I am able to create with it, but not continue on multi action things. So far I've had the issue with continuing on pottery shingle roof and stone slab floor. I had the necessary materials in inventory and the correct tool in the crafting window. Nothing happens except the event window shows "[15:01:15] After you finish building you will start building again."

At least 2 other players has said they've had the same issue while continuing on buildings specifically. 

I can plus one this. Having same issue when trying to build a wood shingle roof. i get no error message tho.

+1

I'm not having an issue on the test server with either wooden shingle roof or stone slab floor.

Can you log out and try again?  be sure the parts in your inventory are full weight.  I've not had the chance to try on the live servers yet.  

Has anyone successfully continued on a roof or floor today?

I have since finished my roofs and floors, the right click menu works as normal. I did log out and in again first, it changed nothing.

Happening to more players, getting quite some reports about this in CA chat.

Reproduced this on live with a floor.  I'll get it added to the list and in the meantime you can complete them the old fashioned way.  Thanks for the reports.

• Like 1

Had this today as well. Seemed to happen on several already in place planned floors. Building worked ok on a newly planned one. Haven't tested extensively beyond this.

Planned floors and crafting window plans the floor, but not continue, had to right click continue for each action, this is on freedom.

Will add that it was working fine for the walls.

Edited by JakeRivers

I have the issue as well... stone walls work fine for me, any other wall types, all floors, and all roofs will not work at all in crafting window.

Edited by Nomadikhan

Crafting window bugged for

1... creating Pottery Tile Roof's and

2... creating Wood Shingle Roofs.

It displays the "action happening messages" in the events window, but no action takes place.

So I started the Roof's manually, then tried to Continue them in the crafting windown.

As above it, it displaying "action happening messages" in Event tab, but no action taking place.

I can also Confirm this fail to Create bug for the raised Wooden Floors.

Will try Slate Shingle Roof next and then Edit this post with results.

Kindest regards!

Hughmongus

Also still having this problem - highly annoying bug. Any eta on a fix?

I have no more information on the bug other than it has been reproduced and is on the bug list.  

The work around for now is to build the floors and roof without using the crafting window.

I can add that building spiral staircases and ladders is also affected by the bug.

2 hours ago, Rusk said:

I can add that building spiral staircases and ladders is also affected by the bug.

Thank you for the additional information.  I've added ladders and stairs to the bug.

So you are not right clicking continue millions of times you can create a keybind for continue, I use my spacebar and just keep tapping it over and over, really do prefer the crafting window for this though, hope they fix it soon.

First right click plan and build plan type, then tap continue over and over.

• Like 2

I know its a bit of a first world problem, but any news on when this could be addressed? Still cannot continue floors or roofs in the crafting window. It's like going back in time to when large mammals roamed the land!

On 26/09/2016 at 6:56 AM, LordLouis said:

I know its a bit of a first world problem, but any news on when this could be addressed? Still cannot continue floors or roofs in the crafting window. It's like going back in time to when large mammals roamed the land!

Any news? For those of us doing a lot of building this is a QoL issue that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 2:00 PM, JakeRivers said:

you can create a keybind for continue

This actually works great rather than having to continually click the object to continue building it. Works for floors and roofs but not continuing other things. I got fed up with all the clicking and tried to make this keybind, then was quite surprised to see it worked. Like: bind c continue, or whatever key. Simple as that.

=Ayes=

10 hours ago, Rhianna said:

Any news? For those of us doing a lot of building this is a QoL issue that needs to be addressed sooner rather than later

News, you know, like information when they might get around to fixing this. Before you dig your claws in at me for asking a question,  its a QoL issue for me too or I wouldn't be asking in the first place. 

13 minutes ago, LordLouis said:

News, you know, like information when they might get around to fixing this. Before you dig your claws in at me for asking a question,  its a QoL issue for me too or I wouldn't be asking in the first place. 

I report the bugs and give the devs reproduction steps.  I don't schedule their work priorities and I rarely hear in advance where it is in their list.  All I can say at the present time is that it is not fixed.  If I knew more I'd let you know.

• Like 1