Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 08/SEP/16 Combat Updates

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

Rift Resource Collection!

• Collect resources from the mysterious rift remains.
    • Mine to collect stone shards from Rift stones.
    • Prospect the crystals to collect fragments.
    • Use your woodcutting knowledge to cut down the trees and collect wood.
  • Rift resources are currently for collection only, their uses will become apparent in time.
  • Collection of these resources is not guaranteed, you may produce resources with no special properties.
  • These resources can only be collected once the rift is closed.

So, it's about time that the problem with distribution of the rifts across the server appearing to be biased, clustering them towards the south east, needs addressing.

17 minutes ago, Budda said:

Cloth is actually unchanged, the other 3 are raised though.

Could you share what the new dr values are?

• Like 1

Never mind. I see it. It's at the end of the passengers buff line.

Edited by Audrel

Aged hellhorses appear to be broken:

5 speed fully fed in ~90/90 gear goes only 23km/h geared, and 18km/h ungeared

1eff2885e177e84a0a2aca097fb43760.png

[09:42:24] It will fight fiercely. It has fleeter movement than normal. It is a tough bugger. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.

[09:42:27] The aged fat Ladywild does not seem interested in food right now.

Younger hellhorses are still fast though

3 minutes ago, Alexgopen said:

Aged hellhorses appear to be broken:

5 speed fully fed in ~90/90 gear goes only 23km/h geared, and 18km/h ungeared

1eff2885e177e84a0a2aca097fb43760.png

[09:42:24] It will fight fiercely. It has fleeter movement than normal. It is a tough bugger. It has a strong body. It has lightning movement. It can carry more than average. It has very strong leg muscles.

[09:42:27] The aged fat Ladywild does not seem interested in food right now.

Younger hellhorses are still fast though

HH speed hasn't been changed at all.

Just now, Budda said:

HH speed hasn't been changed at all.

It was going 40 km/h just yesterday in the same gear.

It's not hurt, it's fully fed, we tried taking the gear off and putting it back on, dismounting and remounting, removing the rider's gear, but no matter what we do it's not going as fast as it used to.

Our adolescent or other younger hellhorses are still as fast as they've always been, but this aged one is about as slow as a wild no trait gray horse now. 

57 minutes ago, Budda said:

Cloth is actually unchanged, the other 3 are raised though.

Budda being this is actually a pretty crucial change can you please give us the DR values and the strength curve. Being it a pvp map these are going to be critical to know if we should now just walk out naked and die or just walk off the server. I'm being a little over dramatic but I hope you get the point I'm trying to make. 

With the talk and comments from you it was clear you were attempting to make weaker toons slightly more tanky but how exactly did that end up and how much of a nerf did upper end accounts take.  Thanks. And thanks for the updates.

One last question can you clarify the DR curved from str IN PVP... Is this modifier only during an engagement vs another player?

Edited by MaurizioAM
  • Like 1

Hell horse fiasco aside... nice patch list.

I just HOPE a q90 ship doesn't end up slower than the originals.... but more importantly.... 

When's the excessive light breeze gonna be handled? 

• Like 2

Nooo! I was so happy to have finished grinding prospecting forever, and now this!

• Like 4

If you attempt to queue equip actions in combat, only the first equip action will be performed, and once you leave combat, all the queued equip actions will begin unequipping your armor in succession.

1 hour ago, Czar said:

5 minute cooldown for turning it on, none for turning it off is a decent compromise, will prevent the kind of abuse I envision.

I'd prefer a whole rework though, something like when sleep bonus is active, a 12s action will remove 12s sleep on completion.

Excellent suggestion!

Whats the DR curve now? Did you nerf everybody with any strength like you wanted to?

thank ###### for removing the sleep bonus toggle timer

meditating is now a billion times less frustrating since I don't have to constantly log out and in

• Like 2

Please change the sleep bonus thing, Now the mechanic can be abused, i already did it, it's boring and frusrating and at the same time i feel like i'm wasting it if i don't do it.

Just put a 10mins cooldown on activation and no cooldown on deactivating

Edited by Davih

18 minutes ago, Davih said:

Please change the sleep bonus thing, Now the mechanic can be abused, i already did it, it's boring and frusrating and at the same time i feel like i'm wasting it if i don't do it.

Just put a 10mins cooldown on activation and no cooldown on deactivating

211efa4ec0.jpg

this can be abused to all hell ye

If it's not changed, you can use it to grind pretty much any skill while only using like 1/20th of the sb you usually do

a small cooldown after turning it off is good, even 30-60s is enough

[18:35:23] You start sharpening the horse shoe.
[18:35:23] You refrain from using your sleep bonus.
[18:35:31] You start using your sleep bonus.
[18:35:31] Your sleep bonus will auto-freeze after 10 minutes of inactivity.
[18:35:31] You improve the horse shoe a bit.
[18:35:31] The horse shoe could be improved with a lump.
[18:35:32] You refrain from using your sleep bonus.

yep, doing this works on skillgains.

8 minutes ago, Worksock said:

211efa4ec0.jpg

this can be abused to all hell ye

If it's not changed, you can use it to grind pretty much any skill while only using like 1/20th of the sb you usually do

a small cooldown after turning it off is good, even 30-60s is enough

I have around 150 sleep powders atm banked up so yeah I can pretty much grind any and all skills now lol

Nobody is going to be able to keep up that pace of switching SB on and off at the end of every action.  It's amusing that you can do that, and I suppose the meditation grind sucks less now, but permanent SB isn't going to make any given skill into a lightning-fast grind.

If there are people stupid enough to inflict RSI on themselves for an inconsequential amount of skillgain, I suppose a counter to the rapid toggling would be to require SB to be active for the entire action to benefit its skillgain.

• Like 1

Just now, Noizhead said:

Nobody is going to be able to keep up that pace of switching SB on and off at the end of every action.  It's amusing that you can do that, and I suppose the meditation grind sucks less now, but permanent SB isn't going to make any given skill into a lightning-fast grind.

If there are people stupid enough to inflict RSI on themselves for an inconsequential amount of skillgain, I suppose a counter to the rapid toggling would be to require SB to be active for the entire action to benefit its skillgain.

bind f "say /fsleep"

ezpz to keep up with grinding as long as the actions are fairly long, I use it right now with 20+ second timers

Acually i can bind a key to write [enter] /fsleep [enter] for me (it's allowed by rules) and it would be more annoying to grind skillgains but not so crazy

Even better, it could be made in a way that when an action ends, if SB is active, you get double skillgain and the seconds of that action deducted from your SB total time. that way toggling could be free and people wouldn't risk having it wasted by having to go afk

Edited by Davih

Why did the PvE servers have to get the cooldown for karma-porting? Wouldn't it be a better idea to simply prevent porting to deeds under siege instead or just keep the limitation for the PvP servers?

Now that the characteristic nerf is out, do you have any ideas to prevent PvP from meaning Priest vs Priest in the near future?

A small cooldown between sleep bonus activations would be a good idea to prevent abuse. Or even better a normal cooldown triggered if SB is toggled too many times in a specific amount of time.

Other than that I like this huge update.

Edited by Anothernoob

" Spell resistances now last approx. 5 minutes, up from 30 seconds. "

Oh my....  I do believe the phrase is

Seriously, along with the nerf in the power of LoF and Heal its going to be an utter massacar ;)

As for killing the priest nerf and removing the sb cooldown?  That restored my faith in the wurm devs.

2 hours ago, Davih said:

Acually i can bind a key to write [enter] /fsleep [enter] for me (it's allowed by rules) and it would be more annoying to grind skillgains but not so crazy

I will test out my G15 keyboard too during next WS session. If it works well, it is tens of times less SB consumed(with some skills more, with some skills less).

EDIT: Just did a session.. doesn't have to be even keyboard where you can bind macros to keys.. just enter/arrow up/enter works fine. When you use skiller tools, plenty of time to do that.

Edited by rixk

Sign in to follow this