Sign in to follow this  
Gumbo

Bug? or Feature?

Just now, KyleBooze said:

longbows can't fit in mailboxes, but a 25kg horse barding can... bug or feature?

Technically feature, every item has a volume which is calculated by length x width x height. While mailboxes do have a large volume artificially inflated, it also has limits on the length, width and height of things, which is why longer objects can't be put in.

I can;t say for certain as to whether it will be simply made to allow it, or whether a new mail system will come in at a later date, that's up to the devs. So not a bug, but may be addressed anyways.

10 item limit was to prevent abuse, mailing items was intended to be a luxury system when it came in. with the reduction in mailing costs we're hitting the 10 mailing limit more often, and it will be addressed in a later update, though i can't say removed. That info will come in a later news update.

2 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

It was implemented, as far as I know, to prevent people (particularly on PvP but also PvE) from being able to indefinitely "store" items in a 100% safe manner by mailing them back and forth between their own accounts ad infinitum. It does lead to annoying problems and appears to be buggy, although I'm not going to speculate on what a good solution might be.

So why is it only acting up since a few month ? And it doesn't screw my own experience but a lot of players one once they are unable to send back any of their items. Means any valuable can't be sold or imped more than 10 times... which is oh wait... 5 mailing actions back and forth.

4 minutes ago, KyleBooze said:

longbows can't fit in mailboxes, but a 25kg horse barding can... bug or feature?

Only a matter of size, for the same reason you can't fit a pelt inside a container.

2 minutes ago, Odynn said:

So why is it only acting up since a few month ? And it doesn't screw my own experience but a lot of players one once they are unable to send back any of their items. Means any valuable can't be sold or imped more than 10 times... which is oh wait... 5 mailing actions back and forth.

and in the past would be 2s worth of mailing costs. Now it's 10c worth of mailing costs, people are much freer with mailing.

2 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Technically feature, every item has a volume which is calculated by length x width x height. While mailboxes do have a large volume artificially inflated, it also has limits on the length, width and height of things, which is why longer objects can't be put in.

so you're saying a longbow is has larger dimensions than a barding?

6 minutes ago, KyleBooze said:

so you're saying a longbow is has larger dimensions than a barding?

one of them is indeed... just like wooden spears, halberd or any shafty things.

25 minutes ago, Odynn said:

Preventing players to send back armors, weapons, or items to be improved / enchanted again is not really a good feature, so if you know everything, go ahead, explain how/why/whatever, since you do seems to be a dev Osten.

Have a look at the thread on the mailing limit that Retro replied to.

36 minutes ago, Odynn said:

It isn't a new thing, it's been in the game literally for years. The only change is an increase in public awareness of the mechanic, nothing more.

Ain't a new thing, but the fact it's finally working after years, is. So the feature is no longuer bugged, items that have been sent countless time finally cannot be sent anymore.

Anyway, the answer is that it will be looked into, so wait an see (before yelling again).

when you cast tornado it stuns yourself. bug or feature???

54 minutes ago, dingov said:

when you cast tornado it stuns yourself. bug or feature???

Lazyness.

Hey today my horse with 4 speed and a rare trait unbelievable fast just died the horse was not sick and not venerable, on the body say miscarriage i pay for the horse 1g and its was only old I care for and the horse was brand to my deed. I can see here it's an old bug why it can't be fixed? The are very spencive  horses to just lost it for a bug so plz do something thx 

57 minutes ago, Katy said:

Hey today my horse with 4 speed and a rare trait unbelievable fast just died the horse was not sick and not venerable, on the body say miscarriage i pay for the horse 1g and its was only old I care for and the horse was brand to my deed. I can see here it's an old bug why it can't be fixed? The are very spencive  horses to just lost it for a bug so plz do something thx 

Did you take the horse of deed or kept it hitched? They do have a chance to miscarry but seldom die from it in my experience.

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

Did you take the horse of deed or kept it hitched? They do have a chance to miscarry but seldom die from it in my experience.

Horse was on deed in a pin with another horse pin are a 2x2 tiles so no she was on deed and not hitched 

One of my pregnant horse died about 2 weeks ago. Mature, branded, 1x1 tile pen with enchanted grass. Cursor over body didn't say cause of death. ###### etc happens in wurm. Sorry for your loss Katy, i totally understand you want some reason for what happened to your horse.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Katy said:

Do you know what the tile to creature ratio was on your deed when this happened?

39 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Do you know what the tile to creature ratio was on your deed when this happened?

The tile per creature ratio of this deed is 18.277779. Optimal is 15.0 or more. This is a good figure. There are 6 creatures currently branded.

17 minutes ago, Katy said:

The tile per creature ratio of this deed is 18.277779. Optimal is 15.0 or more. This is a good figure. There are 6 creatures currently branded.

If the creature was cared for the corpse should have some text in its description on what killed it do you still have the corpse?

9 minutes ago, Darklords said:

If the creature was cared for the corpse should have some text in its description on what killed it do you still have the corpse?

miscarried or something like that and no i buried it and i make the post just to find out if it was a bug nothing more as i know the horse will not come alive again just lost 1g :(