Sign in to follow this  
JockII

Animal trait

New trait.

Domesticated

Level 90+ required 

Makes aggressive creatures that have been bred no longer aggressive.

• Like 2

90 Taming or 90 Animal Husbandry? If AH, you would end up with unwanted/bad traits.

On 07/09/2016 at 8:07 AM, Audrel said:

90 Taming or 90 Animal Husbandry? If AH, you would end up with unwanted/bad traits.

Animal husbandry. Unwantex and bad traits would be worth the trade off imo.

2 minutes ago, JockII said:

Animal husbandry. Unwantex and bad traits would be worth the trade off imo.

As long as genesis is not put onto the chopping block to compensate.

I"m sure the level could be configurable.

I thought about something like this but taking it even further so that after an animal has been tamed it stays blue outline even after it is no longer tame.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, joedobo said:

I"m sure the level could be configurable.

I thought about something like this but taking it even further so that after an animal has been tamed it stays blue outline even after it is no longer tame.

I considered it at taking but i felt that domesticating animals via long term breeding sounded more realistic.

But i do think taming does need the times doubled for each stage.

I would grind for this too.

Also, is there any way to classify what you think of as a bad trait to be removed by genesis? Like, custom pick what's bad?

ie: Keen Senses does nothing, for anything, I classify it as a bad trait -- just one that I cannot remove.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Fizziepop said:

I would grind for this too.

Also, is there any way to classify what you think of as a bad trait to be removed by genesis? Like, custom pick what's bad?

ie: Keen Senses does nothing, for anything, I classify it as a bad trait -- just one that I cannot remove.

Personally i really dislike genisis. It's the lazy mans way to a good horse.

3 hours ago, JockII said:

It's the lazy mans way to a good horse.

More like a way to turn a ###### horse into less ###### :P

Thanks for your opinion on a spell that I mentioned during my question...

I don't like genesis either. But it was the only way I could come up with to use some existing functionality to achieve an end, since I have a more expansive idea of bad traits than the server seems to. If a horse has a bad trait like malformed or illness, Genesis imo is kind of useless. I don't trust that the trait is truly gone.

But to use it on something like keen senses, would actually bring some functionality to it.

Edited by Fizziepop

8 hours ago, MootRed said:

@bdewCan you make this into a mod?

I don't personally like the idea of it being a trait, because of how they are RNG based.

I think it would make more sense to have some kind of domestication process, possibly using taming skill, With offspring of domesticated parents being also domesticated, etc.

I'll consider it when i have some free time.

On 11/09/2016 at 1:10 PM, bdew said:

I don't personally like the idea of it being a trait, because of how they are RNG based.

I think it would make more sense to have some kind of domestication process, possibly using taming skill, With offspring of domesticated parents being also domesticated, etc.

I'll consider it when i have some free time.

The idea as a trait means that you can use ot on all animals and domesticating trolls ect becomes posssible but with a insane time investment. 

For balance it being rng and not garrenteed means it is a pong term goal. However you should make it an inherited trait.

E.g. 2 domesticated animals breed 100% offspring has.

1 has its a 50/50. This would take out some of the rng but still make it a long term investment.