Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

WSA: Hitched Aggressive Creature update

WSA.png

As we continue to develop Wurm Online and address bugs that occur throughout play, there occasionally comes a bug which does gain popular use.

In an upcoming update (Due Thursday, 8th September), we will be addressing a longstanding issue regarding hitching aggressive creatures that allowed hell horses, trolls, and bears to be hitched when young or adolescent, and stay hitched as they aged.

While there was discussion about simply allowing this to remain as is, it can often lead to frustration and confusion about hitching aggressive creatures, as well as errors regarding speed calculations on the server side.
After this update, when aggressive hitched creatures age, if they are too unruly to be hitched they will become unhitched, and if not equipped with a saddle, will wander.

As we are aware some players do use aggressive creatures such as hell horses for their wagons and carts, we have increased the age limit for them to be able to be hitched to aged, however they will automatically unhitch at the very late stages of aged prior to turning old. As usual this will be modified by creature conditions (where applicable).

This WSA is to provide warning to players to ensure that any old or venerable hitched aggressive creatures are secured prior to the update. While the unhitching will only occur upon aging, not upon the update restarting, it is possible that they age and unhitch before they can be reached.

Thank you for your continued understanding,

The Wurm team.

• Like 5

Think you mean September not August, 8th of August was a Monday.

Edited by Darklords
  • Like 2

another detriment to quality of life. extremely disappointing.

• Like 15

Two days seems like a short notice, maybe send out a mail to those absent?

What else are you guys going to nerf out of the blue? First you go after Pol, now this. Travel is hard enough in here as it is already, and so is breeding and managing hell horses. This makes them effectively useless unless you want to spam breed them and replace them nonstop. Most won't want to do that, and some that buy them cannot. Unless all this stuff lately is an attempt to regularly tick everyone of until we all quit, I am unsure what you are trying to achieve.

• Like 11

Just now, Xalorum said:

another detriment to quality of life. extremely disappointing.

To be fair, this one was always more of a bug seeing as they made it so you can't hitch them once unhitched at that age anyways.

• Like 1

Was under the impression that a troll or bear can only be hitched if tamed... And soon as it goes untamed, it auto unhitch, right?

So that update will only be for hell horses?

• Like 3

I tell you,after adding new stuff over the years.. now they got bored and sit in their chairs and think.. Hey,I know what we can do!! lets find stuff to nerf/change!!   cuz... why the hell not!

• Like 1

Good update - one bug today another tomorrow - keep it coming.

Also, it isn't ql of life it's a bug. Freedom doesn't get to decide whats a good bug or not - it wasn't meant to work how it does so get breeding.

Edited by Mclovin

3 minutes ago, Darklords said:

To be fair, this one was always more of a bug seeing as they made it so you can't hitch them once unhitched at that age anyways.

I'm glad you were able to read the minds of the devs. Been playing a long time and I'm still not clear on what it considered to be a bug or what's WAI.

I've been playing under the assumption that as long as they were hitched when not unruly that they'd fall in line and stay that way - like training an animal. I don't consider that a bug.

• Like 1

Way to destroy the business of hell horse breeders serverwide! Nobody is going to want to invest in a horse that will last them maybe a month reliably.

Not to mention the way of life for many wurmians, for years. (Congrats, now you all get to ride around even slower, so that the game totally unnecessarily sinks --more-- of your time.)

I feel like our wishes get granted by an evil wishing well, or a cursed lamp. "Suuuure we'll give you cave houses, but mobs will spawn in them to make them useless! Muahaha"

"Suuuuure we'll let you have some faster carts for a while.... but don't spend years getting attached to them, because we're gonna take it all away with a day's worth of notice!"

People grow attached to their way of life in this game, to pull the rug out from under us like this for NO good reason is just senseless.

Edit:: Not to mention trolls!! That was gonna keep me occupied for endless months!! Breeding 5 speed trolls was going to be a very time intensive bit of fun. Now it's just kind of useless, because it's too difficult to keep up with. I guess there's no longer a need to premmy up any more priest alts for extra troll pets. Thanks, saved me some money there.

Edited by Fizziepop
  • Like 8

looking for a mod that will remove the limitation all together and let you hitch everything to a cart

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Xalorum said:

I'm glad you were able to read the minds of the devs. Been playing a long time and I'm still not clear on what it considered to be a bug or what's WAI.

I've been playing under the assumption that as long as they were hitched when not unruly that they'd fall in line and stay that way - like training an animal. I don't consider that a bug.

Who is reading into what?

Pot meet kettle.  Kettle meet pot.  :P

16 minutes ago, Xalorum said:

I just used some basic logic to figure it out, seeing as they don't let you hitch them past a certain age it seems pretty clear they intended them not to be usable on carts after that age or they would just let you hitch them at any age. Thus it's not hard to assume that the persons original intent was not to allow you to use them after that age and just didn't implement it fully or properly.

If we give bear the ability to hitch to carts we at least deserve some bear armour!

So when are you going to get around to fixing the long list of annoying bugs people cant stand instead of the ones people have grown use to because they end up being useful?

• Like 13

10 minutes ago, Darklords said:

I just used some basic logic to figure it out, seeing as they don't let you hitch them past a certain age it seems pretty clear they intended them not to be usable on carts after that age or they would just let you hitch them at any age. Thus it's not hard to assume that the persons original intent was not to allow you to use them after that age and just didn't implement it fully or properly.

Disagree, but you're welcome to that opinion.

Can't wait to find out which of the next assumptions I have that make the game easier to play will be deemed bugs and removed.

• Like 1

how about an animal fix that would be useful to your player base like led animals not being caught up every time you try turning a corner, or bugging up to the surface when they are being driven through a mine?

• Like 6

What would wurm be without removing a nice feature every week?

Like, relog while mounted means you have to re-mount. Just as an example. Id like to see that feature removed.

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, Fizziepop said:

Way to destroy the business of hell horse breeders serverwide! Nobody is going to want to invest in a horse that will last them maybe a month reliably.

Someone probably looked at the numbers and said, oh hey, domestically breed Hell horses are over taking the regular horse population, lets find a way to curb that.

-10000 on this.

I have to wonder what in Wurm is going to be better when they "fix" this so called issue.

In my opinion something is only an issue if it do damage to the game so by changing this it must improve something. I wish they tell

us what it is that we can also understand.

1 hour ago, DevBlog said:

it can often lead to frustration and confusion about hitching aggressive creature

I don't think anyone has ever been frustrated nor confused because hell horses does not unhitch them self.

Was always clear to me and everyone I know that you need to hitch team early in life and then you have a great ride for quite some time.

• Like 2

So when are the devs going to just be honest and rename the game Sadism Online?

• Like 3

i am now frustrated and confused about hitching aggresive creatures

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this