Sign in to follow this  
Fizziepop

Rift Mobs

Rifts are awesome! The super sized creatures are beautiful -- they are just more of the same that we've already been killing for the past hour or three. I have found that the attendance at each subsequent rift is dropping, though. Whether this is due to times not synching up for people's schedules, or just a general, overall loss of interest, idk yet. But I have an idea to keep it all fresh.

At the moment, every rift is the same experience, pretty much. Always the same mobs, same bosses at the end, there is no exploration or discovery that I think encapsulates Wurm, and brings the amazement.

What if we throw in a little RNG into the boss mob?

What if the big boss creature was random? Sometimes a warmaster, sometimes other things (like maybe a General, or an Arch Necromancer, for example). (New things, not just more of the same old uniques that everyone can already see elsewhere.)

Or what if there was just a small chance to get a different, bigger 'boss'?  Like, a Rift Dragon, for example?

I'm envisioning a big, deep purpley-black colour, and like, shredded or burned wings. Or something like that. It wouldn't necessarily have to drop scale/hide or anything, (but would be nicer if it did).

I think this possibility would keep people interested and attending. And maybe give people a little visual treat. ((Other than the upskirt shots of the ogres. o,O ))

It would keep a little wonder / curiosity in the mix with every rift.

What do you think?

Edited by Fizziepop

Fizzie, for me it was getting killed and losing .250 in 85+ skill for a low QL lump. Supremely not worth the hours and hours of clay digging I have to do to make up the losses.

The mobs are fun. There's no complaint there! It's the ouch of the skill loss if things go south.

A nice big boss at the end that maybe drops sorcery items might do a lot for attendence, especially if everyone participating in the rift has a chance of said drop.

Make the reward a little bigger for the risk kind of thing.

it think what I'm seeing in attendance dropping is mostly due to timing. I'm expecting it to increase slowly for the next 3 and then jump up as people in Europe are back from work and can attend.

+1, although I think the timing might be why the last few Rifts have lower attendance.   At least that's why I haven't been there.

there's too many mobs/waves tbh

rifts on average take 3-4 hours with our groups which range from 2-7~ people (last rift was 5 people top score was 166 so 166 mobs i think?), maybe freedom is different maybe not with the scaling, but it's too repetitive and way too long

some sort of flavor and shortened rifts would be nicer imo.  like shorten to two waves, it's weekly afterall (for epic, 10 days for freedom), change around the loot drops to balance this, and random flavor mobs or something would be interesting.  like the most interesting thing ive had since the first rift is wishing every rift we'd get a champ warmaster for something cool.  well last week we finally got one, and since i have prob highest stats there, best armor in game, continuum for 20% more dr, sotg, I'm the tank.  all it did was beat the crap out of me, it was kinda exciting at first, but sitting there tanking while being healed just gets really stupidly boring and if that is flavor then no thanks.  needs something to keep interest though