Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Blackmoor Christmas Impalong 2016

I dropped my things off this morning and can not pick any up who can set permissions for me to get them?

I am pleased to announce that the Scavenger Hunt has begun! At this time 4 keys belonging to the prizes listed on the main page have been dispersed randomly across the island Blackmoor is on.

- If you already won something by finding a key, please don't continue searching, prizes are one per person

- Keys are offdeed only

- Further hints will be made available depending on the time needed to locate the existing keys, it could take all Impalong, who knows??

- Depending on this event's success I may load up a bunch of small chests with goodies and disperse more keys

- I apologize to those that are offline at the moment, I will be moving most of the rest of the events to the weekends so that I will be online for other timezone players so they can participate in said events

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bigsmith said:

Been there two or more hours and they put my things in forge right away two hours later never touched it still in forge. No one ever talked to me. Tried to talk to them.

Two hours is an incredibly small time to wait for things to get improved or cast on considering the dozens of other people with plenty of items as well waiting on improvements. Bear in mind that improvements and casts are done on the time of the impers and casters and nothing is guaranteed. Things are going to be improved as fast as folks are able to get to them to improve.

On 12/18/2016 at 5:06 PM, Tulvar said:

Bah!  I got a couple things imp'ed up a bit but wound up getting frustrated and went back home already.  Spent several hours there, asked several times in chat for help getting a room at the inn and it went ignored.  Tried to go to work imp'in stuff and learned all supplies are locked down, apparently you have to ask for basically everything, and then wait/hope someone gets around to helping you.  Best part happened when Enki showed up and at least spawned some stuff to kill.  Stark contrast from last year.  Awesome location and facility, but poor execution.  Need to keep bulk of supplies protected but have some bsb's with limited supplies for us crafters to get to.  IDK, maybe I just showed up to early while everything is still a fustercluck.  Perhaps ill return in a couple days.

Yes all the supplies are locked down because the only way to give permissions to grab supplies is to give pickup permissions to the entire structure which was not going to happen. Next, as I noted in the main post, rooms at the Inn you can PM me for and will set you up. Instead of just a mess of random beds everywhere I went a bit classier in giving everyone their own individual room, with a wardrobe, coffer, and bedtable, so they can store their items in safety and be guaranteed a bed unlike other times where there it is a lottery to see if you get a bed. The biggest issue this year is the permissions system has made doing a lot of things incredibly difficult as certain permissions stupidly overlap others. For instance proximity permissions overlap structure permissions instead of the other way around. I do apologize that the beginning was a rocky start, as most Impalongs tend to be; I am slowly acquiring more Impalong staffers that have been successfully moving items, returning them to their owners, refueling forges, and a host of other things that have been smoothing out the bumps.

16 hours ago, Sila said:

well its not glasshollow impalong this year :D  i still think better 3 days good impalong then 14 days of bad :P  i hear some ppl waiting long time now for inproves

Waiting longer times for Improvements has zero to do at all with how long the Impalong is. In fact a shorter Impalong would mean more things would go unimproved. As I already said a 2 week Impalong is a nod back to Willow's Last Impalong way back in 2012. When you have dozens and dozens of people all putting in a ton of items, it can take a while to get things improved, especially right now during the week days when not as many are online.

5 hours ago, Bigsmith said:

I dropped my things off this morning and can not pick any up who can set permissions for me to get them?

PM one of the Impalong staffers that are online. A full list can be found on the first page of this thread.

• Like 2

I'm happy to help anyone when I'm online. Just pm me so I don't miss your message. I can usually be found on the second floor around carpentry or masonry. I also cook up foods and hand out when proximity goes wonky. Just remember, if you are only going to take a bite of food, don't take it out. Just eat from the larder. Or keep it in inventory. If you put it back in then no one else can eat from it while you're online in the building. Proximity issues and all. If there are food issues, just ask me if I'm online. I'll throw meals together and hand out.

I finally made it!

I love impalongs and this one is looking great. The design of the building is very good (visibly product of impalong experience) and the atmosphere is festive. I will be spending a lot of time in the LW area, so if anyone wants to visit and bring me a tasty snack, that's where I will be.

Oh and on that note, I have to say that this is the best view I have ever had from the LW area at an impalong. Usually, I spend the entire time looking at a wall. This time, I have an ocean view and overlook the port. So, if you are coming from the port to the building, I am probably watching you! ;)

I still get the smoke from the smithy floor. That never changes. *cough*wheeze*

• Like 3

heading home, someone removed my named single iron lump from bs6. obviously i can't access anyone elses. 
could we try to avoid that please.
returning after ive mined more. 

Edited by Steveleeb

Having a blast so far. I got to fight some Epic creatures and landsharks, and even got some slight scratches in on the mighty Plingpong serpent! And imping really does go faster on other servers. *grumble* :D Thank you , Shrimpiie and all the helpers!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Steveleeb said:

heading home, someone removed my named single iron lump from bs6. obviously i can't access anyone elses. 
could we try to avoid that please.
returning after ive mined more. 

I apologize greatly for that, I have informed the staffers to please not remove lumps from forges no matter how full as impers are likely using them.

wishing I was there ... merry Christmas all.. and happy imping...maybe if I can find a late ride form vrock area.. on coast or lake selkie.. which is one jump to impalong just no boat..

• Like 1

On 12/19/2016 at 8:07 PM, Bigsmith said:

hey Bigsmith, I've seen a lot of your items around the area, most of it already imped and enchanted etc, once you get online and happen to be at the Shrimpalon just type "/me Can I get some assistance removing items from the overflow coffins please"

With a little bit a patience you will see a staff member address your needs and get you sorted. 

I have released the third hint for the Scavenger Hunt today!

The first two are:

- They are located OFFDEED

- They are located in the NORTH half of the island

Today's:

- They are located fairly close to Blackmoor

EDIT: As of just now the third key has been found which goes to the Knarr! This leaves just the Rare Corbita left!

41 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

EDIT: As of just now the third key has been found which goes to the Knarr! This leaves just the Rare Corbita left!

I thought Dracaa found it?

Huge thanks to everyone who imped a bunch of my gear, and the admins/helpers/etc who helped me track down and get it all back afterwards :) Merry Christmas everyone!

• Like 1

Happy to be attending my very first Impalong at this great event. Once I got used to the hubbub of activity, it's actually quite relaxing to just go down the line and imp objects, especially knowing you are helping others out. :) 

• Like 1

Some helpful tips.

Armor = try to keep em together and use a backpack, put your name on the pack and all your armor. ( especially chanting, there is no space in the aosp due to 20 sets taking up 60+ spaces instead of 20 sets taking up less space in packs )  if we can we'll try and make more room for them.

Smithing =  if you're unsure if an item is weapon smith item or blacksmith item, just ask.  Also there are cauldrons in some of the forges for smaller items ( cooking utensils, pans, lanterns, chisels ect ) please use those, makes more room for bigger items like shovels, rakes, pickaxes

Chanting =  Again, if you have a bunch of small items, use a stachel, or backpack if possible, again, place your name on pack and items.  Also please remember the Stacking issues of chanting, if you have Frostbrand, please don't put it in the FA, if you have Woa please don't put it in the nimble. ( found many items that had this problem )

Priests sermons = please ask to be added to the sermon group, if you don't get invited, go to the top floor and send a PM to one of the priests, eventually you'll get added.

If you're retrieving items, Let a staff member know, What floor, ( and you stand by the overflow, or container ) and a list of items if multiple.  Easier if we know what items you're retrieving than trying to find your name among 100+ items.  For example:

/tell Stormblade Hey i need my file, chisel and silver knife from floor 1 overflow

then stand by or on the coffin, Way easier to find you and the correct overflow, also quicker.

Be patient, we're not ignoring you, but we might miss what you say with all the chat going on, we'll try and acknowledge you, but please be patient with us, we're only human.

• Like 3

DoND - Shrimpalong Edition

Deal or No Deal is back baby!
That's right... due to popular demand and a sharp object poking me in the back, I'll be running a few games of DoND while I'm at the Shrimpalong. Only people at the impalong location will be able to play, as that's where the queue for the random contestant search will form. So I urge anyone wanting the chance to play to get yourself there. Games will be announced on the fly at the event, when time and mood permit me. Seeing as the main set is at my deed here on Indy, Nib has graciously taken time off her busy super modelling career schedule (due to a case of laryngitis) to once again, open up the cases for us. I shall relay the amounts of each opened case to the crowds watching in Local at the impalong.

Good luck to one and all, and Merry Christmas !!

================================================

OFFICIAL GAME RULES

- The game will consist of 20 large chests placed within a fenced off 4x5 area at Port Onody, Indy (M18). Inside each locked large chest will be a small chest containing a cash amount ranging from 1 iron up to 50 silver.
- Each contestant will be selected randomly using a barrel full of keys. One by one people queued up will tell me (in Local) which number key they wish, from a small barrel on the ground. I will pass that key to them. The person uses that key in an attempt to open a small chest on the ground in front of me. If the key opens the small chest, that person will be the contestant.
- The contestant will be required to "claim" one of the 20 cases to use as their starter case. After this the contestant will be asked to open a specific number of the remaining cases in this order (5,4,3,3,2,1). An offer of cash will be made to the player (by the Banker) after completing each round of case elimination. The player can either take the cash amount offered by the banker or continue eliminating more cases in an effort to increase the amount of the offer made by the Banker.
- If a player makes it down to the final two cases, the player will have the choice of keeping their original "claimed" case or trading for the final case not eliminated. The chosen case will then be opened to reveal the contestants prize.
- Cash prizes of 1 silver or more will be given to the winner on the spot. If a contestant wins less than 1 silver, a 90ql iron tool or iron weapon of the contestants choosing will be made and given to them instead.
- Here are the monetary values used in each game -  50s, 40s, 30s, 25s, 20s, 15s, 10s, 5s, 2s, 1s, 75c, 50c, 25c, 10c, 1c, 75i, 50i, 25i, 10i, 1i

--------------------------------------------------------------
Other rules and such that need to be stated:

- A person may only play once per impalong, if you had a chance to play this impalong, please allow others the same opportunity (ie: no alts pls).

- Sometimes mistakes can be made. There's a lot of organizing on my side when the game is on, so please bear with me if I screw up. I'll do my best to make it right.

- Gumbo reserves the right to refuse play to any person he feels, at any time.

Edited by Gumbo
  • Like 2

The first DoND game finished not to long ago. Pls find below the log from the game for your reading pleasure.

[10:09:04] Gumbo says we have our player !!   Apollonia !!!
[10:09:06] <Happymermaid> woop?
[10:09:10] <Bakeruss> woohooo!
[10:09:11] <Klaa> Gratz
[10:09:13] <Apollonia> oh ###### ...
[10:09:13] <Happymermaid> yay grats Apo :)
[10:09:14] <Bakeruss> gz :)
[10:09:14] <Sleepys> Gratz
[10:09:14] <Wikidvudu> grats
[10:09:19] <Goldfever> grats
[10:09:21] <Ladygodiva> gratz!
[10:09:21] <Happymermaid> I held my thumbs for you
[10:09:26] <Zpen> gratz
[10:09:28] Gumbo says Congrats.. we shall get started with the game shortly
[10:10:59] <Goldfever> I can assure everyone that the Freedom Island Tower Guards are closely watching Nib back at Port Onody.
[10:12:01] <Goldfever> Hey wait, the tower guard seems to be looking the other way for a moment...
[10:12:42] <Happymermaid> Apollonia won the first step
[10:14:28] Gumbo says.. ok folks .. we're all set to start a game of DoND with our contestant Apollonia... welcome the the show
[10:14:38] Apollonia waves
[10:15:16] <Rollypolly> [15:14:09] The crowd cheers.
[10:15:20] Gumbo first you have to choose what case will be your "Keeper".. from one to twenty
[10:15:24] <Gumbo> Cases Left - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20
[10:15:30] <Apollonia> that will be number 7 :)
[10:15:41] <Kyoko> Lucky number 7.  :)
[10:15:47] <Helorn> number 7 is 1c
[10:15:52] Gumbo Number 7 is marked as yours
[10:16:05] <Apollonia> its the journey not the destination that counts :D
[10:16:31] <Kyoko> That's my favorite line, Apollonia. :)
[10:16:39] <Chiron> same here
[10:16:56] Gumbo in this first round you will have to eliminate 5 of the remaining cases... one at a time
[10:16:57] <Elsa> Hope i can play gonna eat soon
[10:16:59] <Goldfever> And the lovely Nib approaches chest 7 to peek inside.
[10:17:08] <Apollonia> 2
[10:18:02] Gumbo in case number 2.. there is... 1 iron coin...   are you sure you haven't played before ?
[10:18:07] <Apollonia> nope
[10:18:22] <Apollonia> i just dont like 2 :P
[10:18:23] Gumbo next case number pls
[10:18:29] <Apollonia> 8
[10:19:08] <Apollonia> someone muzzle logi .. im tryin to play a game here :P
[10:19:08] Gumbo 75 copper in that one.. good pick
[10:19:20] <Apollonia> 10
[10:19:30] Gumbo case 10 will be opened
[10:20:04] Gumbo hmmm that one contained 25 silvers !
[10:20:09] <Apollonia> ooofff
[10:20:13] <Kyoko> Ouch.
[10:20:19] <Elsa> oucjh
[10:20:20] <Apollonia> okay 18
[10:20:26] <Klaa> oOOOOoooouch
[10:20:35] <Meyfei> bye bye 1g?
[10:20:52] Gumbo case 18 you say.. one moment
[10:21:32] Gumbo that one had 10 silvers... try to get them lower numbers  :)
[10:21:50] <Apollonia> im tryin im tryin ..
[10:22:02] Gumbo last case to choose.. then you will get your first offer from the Banker
[10:22:07] Apollonia rolls dice
[10:22:11] Gumbo what number will that be?
[10:22:13] <Apollonia> 12
[10:22:37] Apollonia is not trusting her D20
[10:22:53] Gumbo nice finish  75 irons in that one
[10:23:20] <Gumbo> Cases Left - 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19, 20
[10:23:31] <Gumbo> Amounts Left - 50s, 40s, 30s, 20s, 15s, 5s, 2s, 1s, 50c, 25c, 10c, 1c, 50i, 25i, 10i
[10:23:46] Gumbo I will call up the banker and get you that offer
[10:24:02] Apollonia stares at her own bank account ..
[10:24:17] <Apollonia> bound to be better than mine
[10:25:01] Gumbo hmmmm the Banker says it's early... but will pay you 7 silver coins right now to quit the game and go shopping.. if not you must open 4 more cases next round
[10:25:05] Happymermaid olds her thumbs
[10:25:09] Gumbo Deal, or No Deal ?
[10:25:13] <Apollonia> no deal
[10:25:33] Gumbo off to the next round we go.. .what case will you pick first ?
[10:25:39] <Apollonia> 20
[10:26:05] Happymermaid bites nails
[10:26:15] Apollonia doesnt have any nails left
[10:26:21] Gumbo BOOOOM.. there goes the 50 silver case  :(
[10:26:24] <Elsa> take toe nails ;)
[10:26:25] <Apollonia> ugh...
[10:26:31] <Elsa> Oh my
[10:26:38] <Happymermaid> lol Elsa
[10:26:38] Gumbo still 3 more to open tho.. keep going
[10:26:44] <Apollonia> 19
[10:27:13] Gumbo better   25 iron
[10:27:19] Apollonia is trying to reach her toenails .. not that nimble :(
[10:27:22] <Apollonia> phew
[10:27:37] Gumbo two more then another offer.. what one is next?
[10:27:43] Happymermaid pulls her hair now
[10:27:48] <Apollonia> 1
[10:28:28] Gumbo Case 1 was a good'un..   40 silver is gone  :(
[10:28:34] <Apollonia> ugh...
[10:28:44] Apollonia wants a new wardrobe :-/
[10:28:54] <Apollonia> 1 more case?
[10:29:00] Gumbo ok yes last case
[10:29:05] <Apollonia> 3 please
[10:29:36] Gumbo better..   50 irons in that one
[10:29:49] <Gumbo> Cases Left - 4, 5, 6, 9, 11, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
[10:29:50] <Happymermaid> oh my
[10:30:00] <Gumbo> Amounts Left - 30s, 20s, 15s, 5s, 2s, 1s, 50c, 25c, 10c, 1c, 10i
[10:30:03] <Epryss> sure :)
[10:30:09] Gumbo time to call up the Banker
[10:31:31] Gumbo well the Banker seems a bit generous.. despite losing the top two prizes.. he is offering you 8 silver to walk away now.. else . .3 cases need to be opened
[10:31:43] <Apollonia> no deal ...
[10:31:55] Gumbo No Deal again !!
[10:32:12] Gumbo what case would you like to open up first this round ?
[10:32:20] <Apollonia> generour and banker in 1 sentence just sets me off :P
[10:32:31] <Apollonia> 11
[10:33:20] Gumbo case 11 has... 25 coppers !
[10:33:43] Gumbo two more to go.. what is next pick ?
[10:33:46] <Apollonia> 14
[10:34:36] Gumbo that was not good..   30 silvers in there.. that was top dollar left
[10:34:43] <Apollonia> pfffffff
[10:34:50] Gumbo but you need to open one more
[10:35:04] <Apollonia> 4
[10:35:31] Gumbo phew..   1s
[10:35:43] <Ladygodiva> :)
[10:35:46] <Gumbo> Cases Left - 5, 6, 9, 13, 15, 16, 17
[10:35:58] <Gumbo> Amounts Left - 20s, 15s, 5s, 2s, 50c, 10c, 1c, 10i
[10:36:08] Gumbo off to chat with the banker again
[10:37:21] Gumbo I see the banker grinning now... he offers you 6 silver coins to break from the game now.. else..  3 more cases need to be opened
[10:37:36] Gumbo Deal or No Deal ?
[10:37:44] <Apollonia> screw it .. bankers are allways grinnning when they take your money .. No Deal !!!!
[10:37:56] <Gumbo> hehe.. nice
[10:38:11] <Mappy> id of been out at 8s
[10:38:12] Gumbo ok then.. what case will you pick to start this round?
[10:38:17] <Apollonia> 5
[10:39:02] Gumbo great start this round..   1 copper there.. next case pls
[10:39:08] <Apollonia> 15
[10:39:37] Gumbo   5 silver in 15
[10:39:50] <Apollonia> 16
[10:40:06] Gumbo case 16 will be last case needed this round.. good luck
[10:40:47] Gumbo ouch..   16 had a 15 silver coin in it    :(
[10:41:01] <Apollonia> hmpf
[10:41:03] <Gumbo> Cases Left - 6, 9, 13, 17
[10:41:10] <Happymermaid> something is wrong with the rules she keeps getting the bst ones
[10:41:12] <Gumbo> Amounts Left - 20s, 2s, 50c, 10c, 10i
[10:41:23] <Apollonia> im just gonna say dont waste time calling a banker :P
[10:41:28] <Apollonia> im gonna play till the end
[10:41:31] <Apollonia> no deal
[10:42:00] Gumbo the Banker called me quick this time.. says offer stands at 6 silver to walk away.. if not..  2 more cases will need to be opened
[10:42:10] Gumbo Deal or No Deal ?
[10:42:17] <Apollonia> [16:41:20] <Apollonia> no deal
[10:42:42] Gumbo   awesome.. what case would you like to see opened ?
[10:42:49] <Apollonia> 17
[10:43:21] Gumbo case 17 had... had... HAD  !!
[10:43:27] Gumbo   10 iron
[10:43:32] <Apollonia> 6^
[10:43:47] Gumbo last case this round will be 6
[10:43:56] <Apollonia> so whatever happens now .. my bank will be doubled or more :D
[10:44:01] <Happymermaid> 20s?
[10:44:23] Gumbo bah!!
[10:44:23] <Happymermaid> :P
[10:44:35] Gumbo only 50 coppers in that one.. good pick !
[10:44:40] <Happymermaid> :D
[10:44:51] <Happymermaid> *\o/*
[10:44:54] <Apollonia> hehe
[10:45:27] Gumbo with 20 silver case being top prize right now.. this will be your last offer from the banker.. if you don't take it.. you will have to open one case next round
[10:45:39] <Coolman> help, help, help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[10:45:41] <Gumbo> Cases Left - 9, 13
[10:45:53] <Gumbo> Amounts Left - 20s, 2s, 10c
[10:46:12] <Apollonia> well .. make me an offer i cant refuse .. ( but you wont :P )
[10:46:44] Gumbo seems the Banker may know something.. he is offering you a one time payment of...   10 silvers to quit right now
[10:46:52] <Mappy> gg get 10
[10:46:59] <Apollonia> no deal
[10:47:00] Gumbo Deal or No Deal ?
[10:47:07] <Gumbo> No Deal  !!!
[10:47:13] <Mappy> gl!
[10:47:43] Gumbo so this round you have to open one last case.. after that you have to option to keep your case 7 or switch to the case you don't open here
[10:47:58] <Apollonia> to quite an old beatles movie in reverse ... Number 9
[10:48:05] Gumbo so what case will you open ?   9  or  13
[10:48:09] <Apollonia> song ...
[10:48:17] <Apollonia> 9 ;)
[10:48:37] Gumbo case 9 will be opened
[10:48:53] <Mappy> wait wait
[10:48:57] <Mappy> wheres the AD break
[10:49:19] Gumbo says uhg.. case 9 had the 20 silvers in it  :(
[10:49:26] <Apollonia> right :P
[10:49:26] <Ladycygnet> Awwwww
[10:49:55] Gumbo looks like you'll either win the 2s or consolation prize
[10:49:58] <Apollonia> well  i had a blast anyway :D
[10:50:01] <Orm> bank always wins!
[10:50:16] Gumbo would you prefer to keep case 7 .. or swap for case 13 ?
[10:50:25] <Apollonia> im keeping my original case
[10:50:35] <Apollonia> as i was gonna from the start ;)
[10:50:47] Gumbo says then Nib will open that up and I shall let you know your prize
[10:51:21] Gumbo  2 silvers is your prize
[10:51:26] <Apollonia> thank you :)
[10:51:36] Meyfei claps
[10:51:42] Elsa appluades
[10:51:43] Gumbo a hard fought game.. wish it would have been more rewarding for you.. but thanks very much for playing
[10:51:45] <Archaed> \o/
[10:51:49] <Awaresky> \
[10:51:51] <Archaed> that was awesome!
[10:52:09] <Ladygodiva> i was glued to my chair! good game
[10:52:11] <Apollonia> its been fun :)
[10:52:17] <Unity> \o/ good game
[10:52:33] <Goldfever> good game

I am soooooo glad that you are once again hosting the infamous Deal or No Deal.  The best game ever!