Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Blackmoor Christmas Impalong 2016

It was such an amazing event, I enjoyed every second of it even the most stressful ones were great because I was always surrounded by awesome people. I can't wait to see you all on the next one, and for those who missed it.. you suck! jk but seriously you're missing out on meeting some really nice people and enjoying  the game as it should!

10/10 would staff again

• Like 3

On 12/30/2016 at 9:24 PM, TeeeBOMB said:

...it's a Shrimpalong mystery...

The voices in our head said we had to listen to the tree...

I listened for a long time... but all it ever did was needle me!

• Like 2

It has been a great impalong so far Shrimpiie, and I have to say, I was thrilled when I heard you were extending it for another 2 weeks!  I really appreciate that!

• Like 3

Just a head's up to people who have yet to pick up your items -- everything that has been imped and enchanted is now on the 1st floor overflow coffins, and are stored alphabetically, so all of your items should be in the same coffin.

No, I don't have OCD *twitches*

This years Christmas imp-a-long was awesome. Pandylynn and I meet a lot of new people and had a lot of fun there. Thank you to Shrimpiie for setting it up and hosting it. As a staffer and runner I had a blast both helping and being rotten to the rest of the staff. hopefully we can all get together again and have some more fun. Thanks again everyone for your hard work and help making the imp-a-long happen your awesome. :D

• Like 4

6 hours ago, kristof said:

This years Christmas imp-a-long was awesome. Pandylynn and I meet a lot of new people and had a lot of fun there. Thank you to Shrimpiie for setting it up and hosting it. As a staffer and runner I had a blast both helping and being rotten to the rest of the staff. hopefully we can all get together again and have some more fun. Thanks again everyone for your hard work and help making the imp-a-long happen your awesome. :D

You're rotten to me all the time.... :P

• Like 3

It was fantastic, and the skillgains and camaraderie made it hard to leave.

Shrimpiie, if you're serious about hosting it again next year, I'm definitely in! Maybe between then and now I'll be able to bring some resources besides lead. :P

• Like 3

It really was fun. Thanks to my fellow impers, who imped stuff I left around,  even when it wasn't on purpose, to the person who gave me potions, so I could be a blacksmithing bear, troll and barrel, and to Shrimpiie and all the helpers for doing a great job! The deed looked great and was nicely organized. 

Also, thanks to Enki for killing us, and transporting us back. A lot. 

• Like 3

I finally managed to get out of Shrimpiie's hair yesterday evening... I managed to get all my junk and debris (other than that one wagon) out far earlier than I thought I would... maybe it was that whip Shrimpiie kept cracking that kept me moving!

To everyone who attended, thank you for the conversations when things were slow.... and your patience when I was too slow :)

I really love these events and hope to be invited back next year to help again :)

Signed,

Abby/Kyle/Mega/Tarl and the gang

We all really enjoyed myself!

• Like 5

Thank you all so much for attending and assisting with this Impalong, it was a ton of work and would not have been possible without such support from the community! By this point in Wurm I'd imagined I knew all the tricks and tips of Impalongs, but I found that was not so in the slightest, and a lot of lessons were learned, all of which I hope to apply to next year's Impalong, as for I have indeed told many folks I fully intend on hosting again for Christmas here in 2017.

For some final thoughts...

While parts of the deed did remain unfinished by the time the Impalong came, I still felt as a whole it functioned as needed, so I went forward with plans I had since when I founded the deed which was to expand its southern, eastern, and western borders by 20 tiles, effectively tripling the deed's area(and cost...). I have big plans for this new space, though I have ZERO clue as to what those big plans are yet! The deedplanner will be heavily used in the following month or so I assure you, though I what I cook up in deedplanner is usually not what I am able to cook up ingame due to mainly funds restrictions(I spent roughly 3.7g on this Impalong, as I'd planned and build the deed solely around the ability to host an Impalong).

Anyway, it was an absolute pleasure to work alongside everyone however limited my time was, and I hope to see you all next Christmas!

• Like 12