Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Blackmoor Christmas Impalong 2016

So sorry for being late!

If needed i can help with shieldsmithing, and maybe other stuff and can also bring along some meat and crops for ffod or saccing.

Can also offer rides if anyone needs a taxi.

Edited by froggy25

Will take 95+ channeling vynora priest over, hopefully, help.

Thanks Shrimpiie for organizing this.

Not at all sure I will attend this one, but if so, can help with some skills (bs, cas, js, carp, maybe fc, masonry. but don't list me as I can't guarantee attending)

The question I have is about Archery competition. Not being hawkeye myself, I'm wondering. As we have separate skill for short/medium/long bows. Is there/should there be separate competition for each type of bow? Or does it not matter? Or if it does matter what your skill in type of bow is and there is only one type used, which one is it? I'm asking just for the sake of clarity, as that is the one competition I will definitely not participate in, too dangerous for poor by-standers if I did, lol.

I will show up too :) Only dont know when exactly. Can imp: 97 BS, 95 carp, 93 WS, 90 shield + leather + chain + plate + stone cutting + masonry, 85 fine carp, 70 cloth + ship

I'll be there too. Shipbuilding and carpentry. Can do masonry and pottery too but I don't think there is much demand for that.

You see a very old Lemon tree. The lemons will soon be ripe.

I'll be there soon, I'm sure.

There's just these lemons going for a late harvest.

Then those oranges

And the snow

And the pine nuts

I've never been to an impalong. And I'm mostly a newbie. I'd like to get my tools enchanted. But I mean, between blacksmithing/carpentry/leather/tailoring/cooking/etc etc etc I've got probably 25 tools or more. I'd love to get them all imped, but I don't want to abuse the generosity of the impers. How many is a reasonable amount to bring along to be imped? I don't want my stuff to end up in a volcano :P

• Like 1

These things ebb and flow and there will be times people are begging for stuff to imp.

7 hours ago, Stanlee said:

You see a very old Lemon tree. The lemons will soon be ripe.

I'll be there soon, I'm sure.

There's just these lemons going for a late harvest.

Then those oranges

And the snow

And the pine nuts

Lemons are harvestable :), but really should be travelling...

I'll be at the Shrimpalong. Can help in carpentry, shipbuilding, tailoring, blacksmithing tools 

I will be there!!! :) Add me pls to Blacksmithing, Chain Armor Smithing and Leatherworking. See you soon!

8 hours ago, Pox said:

I've never been to an impalong. And I'm mostly a newbie. I'd like to get my tools enchanted. But I mean, between blacksmithing/carpentry/leather/tailoring/cooking/etc etc etc I've got probably 25 tools or more. I'd love to get them all imped, but I don't want to abuse the generosity of the impers. How many is a reasonable amount to bring along to be imped? I don't want my stuff to end up in a volcano :P

I was told just don't bring multiples of an item, and you'll be fine. 

• Like 1

Bah!  I got a couple things imp'ed up a bit but wound up getting frustrated and went back home already.  Spent several hours there, asked several times in chat for help getting a room at the inn and it went ignored.  Tried to go to work imp'in stuff and learned all supplies are locked down, apparently you have to ask for basically everything, and then wait/hope someone gets around to helping you.  Best part happened when Enki showed up and at least spawned some stuff to kill.  Stark contrast from last year.  Awesome location and facility, but poor execution.  Need to keep bulk of supplies protected but have some bsb's with limited supplies for us crafters to get to.  IDK, maybe I just showed up to early while everything is still a fustercluck.  Perhaps ill return in a couple days.

9 hours ago, Budzilla said:

I was told just don't bring multiples of an item, and you'll be fine. 

I got 99 items, and kitchen sink ain't one. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tulvar said:

Bah!  I got a couple things imp'ed up a bit but wound up getting frustrated and went back home already.  Spent several hours there, asked several times in chat for help getting a room at the inn and it went ignored.  Tried to go to work imp'in stuff and learned all supplies are locked down, apparently you have to ask for basically everything, and then wait/hope someone gets around to helping you.  Best part happened when Enki showed up and at least spawned some stuff to kill.  Stark contrast from last year.  Awesome location and facility, but poor execution.  Need to keep bulk of supplies protected but have some bsb's with limited supplies for us crafters to get to.  IDK, maybe I just showed up to early while everything is still a fustercluck.  Perhaps ill return in a couple days.

Local is constantly spammed with chat of all sorts so it's easy to miss a message, that's why the organisers asked us to use /me when we want mats or anything else.

Also from time to time there is a message with people you can PM if your local message is missed.. keep an eye on local and you should be fine..

Hope to see you there again.. I'm testing my PC so i need 70+ people in local :P (15fps ftw, 1fps when Enki decides to spawn fluffy stuff)

Edited by faty

Been good so far, and yes, you gotta be patient with the help, they are having to go all over and fix things and then get stuff out of the over flow for people and supplies. And the Inn is booked up pretty much, but some rooms and beds come open as people log in and return to the imping building. Having fun and the Nogump drops was nice, freebie weapons and helms for everybody that wanted one. :) 

• Like 1

well its not glasshollow impalong this year :D  i still think better 3 days good impalong then 14 days of bad :P  i hear some ppl waiting long time now for inproves

On 12/18/2016 at 2:07 AM, Pox said:

Bring it on... no more than one of a single item (don't have 6 shovels) but other than that, go for it.  The impers will do what we can with whatever is there :)

Been there two or more hours and they put my things in forge right away two hours later never touched it still in forge. No one ever talked to me. Tried to talk to them.

The beginning of an impalong is always chaotic.  Please be patient with the staff, we are doing our best.  Something is different in the perms system, container permissions are not over-riding the building perms.  We would rather have it over controlled than run the risk of items becoming misdirected. Feel fee to come back in a bit and try again.  As far as the time it takes, there is no way for the crafters to tell which items were in there first so sometimes an item gets jumped on right away, others sit... no way around it.

Best way to approach an impalong is to know it lasts a week or two and either plan to stick around and play, or, make a set of tools for the impalong, drop them off, and then return a few days later to check on them.  I have never been to one where you could count on your stuff being done in a couple hours.  Shrimpiie has an amazing amount of supplies laid in for this and there are lots of people imping so be patient, enjoy, and we will get there :)

• Like 5

I agree with Kyle. This is my third Impalong, and the previous ones were just as chaotic in the beginning. I can quarantee you, that we're imping stuff as fast as we can, just be patient =)

Impalong is about patience. Trust me being host is a huge and demanding task even at a snaller event, Xmas ones are real big.

Bsb access in building works only if you add the people to the building as well. We had the same issue at Kalambaka right after new perms were introduced. As I remember it is enough to allow enter no other perms needed.

Other way is putting locked bsbs on perimeter and set permissions on those.