Sign in to follow this  
Shrimpiie

Blackmoor Christmas Impalong 2016

I believe I can help with blacksmithing; and I'll do some hunting in the next couple months, should be able to donate some lovely hides for turning into leather.  I'll also bring my fo and nahjo priests for batteries (never been that great at channel grinding :P)

On 10/9/2016 at 7:17 AM, Elwood2 said:

Put me down for Carpentry,Fine Carpentry and Blacksmithing Shrimp.

I still maintain if you ever became a player god, your avatar should be a giant woodscrap.

Oh Lisa gave me a good idea. I have a TON of hides at Misfits. All different qualities. If you want any, let me know and I'll get some brought over.

1 hour ago, luvable said:

I still maintain if you ever became a player god, your avatar should be a giant woodscrap.

maintain?

1 hour ago, Elwood2 said:

maintain?

believe...   or my opinion is...

This is how I read it.

I still believe if you ever became a player god, your avatar should be a giant woodscrap.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Lolabelle said:

believe...   or my opinion is...

This is how I read it.

I still believe if you ever became a player god, your avatar should be a giant woodscrap.

In this instance the use of the word "maintain" would mean to still hold a previously stated opinion, while stating the same opinion once again. Onions! All layers lead within to further understanding, or even misunderstandings.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayes said:

In this instance the use of the word "maintain" would mean to still hold a previously stated opinion, while stating the same opinion once again. Onions! All layers lead within to further understanding, or even misunderstandings.

=Ayes=

Thank you. I could not express my thoughts correctly. 

• Like 1

Some Updates

I will be picking up another job here in the next few weeks, so my time in Wurm will be severely limited. Thankfully most of the deed, prizes, and really everything has been set up and ready to go, and the Impalong is still a few months out. Yes, I will still go forward with it even with less time to dedicate. I will be adjusting the schedule for some of the events, because I really looked forward to hosting many of them, so likely they will be centered more around the weekends. Apologies to anyone who has scheduled already according to the existing calendar...

Next, the cow races have been CANCELLED as there are simply not enough cows on the island I live on to feasibly host it, as I thought there might've been.

Also, some cool stats:

We have 50 individual people listed for 173 imping roles.

Now, I didn't write down priests, batteries, ect, but I would imagine that it will be A LOT :P

Spoiler

Blacksmiths - 31

Bowery - 5

Carpentry - 27

Chain Armor Smithing - 10

Cloth Tailoring - 8

Fine Carpentry - 17

Fletching - 7

Jewelrysmithing - 6

Leatherworking - 11

Masonry - 10

Plate Armor Smithing - 11

Pottery - 3

Shield Smithing - 9

Ship Building - 5

Toymaking - 3

Weaponsmithing - 10

Lastly, while I don't post in this thread besides some updates, I am overjoyed at the amount of signups we currently have, and am always hoping for more. You also are NOT required to have any particular skill. I see this Impalong as a great Christmas-time event that is not only for getting nice improvements and enchantments, it is also a place to relax, play games, and meet new folks, so spread the word to as many folks as you can, I want this to be huge!

(Final note, any questions anyone has asked I have put that question and the answer to it in the main post at the very bottom, I have not ignored them)

If all goes well, I intend to come with Thorinoakshield a lvl 62 chainsmith and lvl 45 weaponsmith (thus being able to do the low imping to leave the higher for the "masters" ;)  ), Frodobaggins, a lvl 66 Leatherworker and my Mag priestess Ironmaiden.

Thorin :)

Edited by Thorinoakshield
  • Like 1

I can come, Returning player can help with BS and Enchanting     

Cyborg 90+ BS

Helorn Vynora 84+ channeling

seems like I've stumbled back into wurm, so I'll be there and can help with the Blacksmithing and Leatherworking

Can't believe it's already been about a year since last one.  Excited!

If I start playing again (I really hope so real soon!) I'll sign up for some higher quality bows if they bring their own wood, or just do bows in general. :) Toriyo ingame.

If you have never been to an Impalong, you simply must go to this one. As Shrimpster said, this is not just about imping. Sure, there is plenty of that and you can have some of your favorite items imped to 70 for free or do that for others. But Impalongs are also great community events, where in addition to games and prizes there is plenty of social life going. You get to meet players from all servers that you will stay in contact with for a long time and even visit in the future. There are always plenty of laughs and great conversations. There is also lag, but that can easily be mittigated by changing a few settings temporarily... more on that later (perhaps a quick guide would be nice close to the Impalong). In an nutshell, Impalongs are fun. I can't wait for this one and I will be there with enthusiasm.

• Like 2

I'm so in! Have long holiday anyway, starting the very day when impalong start, so will be joining. I'm currently grinding my PAS like a maniac to get it sorted until impalong. :D

Edited by Kadmint

On 14.11.2016 at 4:15 PM, Kadmint said:

I'm so in! Have long holiday anyway, starting the very day when impalong start, so will be joining. I'm currently grinding my PAS like a maniac to get it sorted until impalong. :D

[14:40:17] You have just received the title 'Renowned Platesmith'!

Okies, you can add me as platesmith as well. :)

• Like 2

Hi Shrimpiie! (and helpers)

I have been away for a while... I hope to bring my crew along... have 3 Vyn's for about 280 favor linked... not quite good enough channeling to be a great  help on casts, also a Nahjo for linking.  Believe I can help in carpentry  and blacksmithing... possibly a few others...

I would love to come early and help if there is any prep work that still needs doing.  Also, do you need amy other material/ supplies?  I have a top notch old school cook available... don't know how the update will affect him ;)

Can't do much for leather but I think I can help on nearly any other stuff needed.  Please let me know what you need :)

• Like 2

Just found your listing of the helpers already signed up... wow!

If there is a skill you think might be needed that is under represented, let me know and I will see what I can do to grind.my best candidate up some :)

I need some projects! 

If you want, I could come over and breed a herd of cattle too :)  I can't promise they will be great, but maybe we could have a 'rent a wreck' cow race!

Edited by Kyleshandra
Spelling
  • Like 1

I'll be there.  Never been to one of these before.  It sounds like a lot of fun. :)

Nice big lot of impers on there, but I see no casters. So I'll throw my name in (hopefully nothing comes up that makes me unable). Almost 93 channeling Vyn.

• Like 2

Some Updates

Apologies for the delay in updating any information, as my last post stated I have been quit busy and have barely had time to even log into Wurm! I will be updating the thread with important information and answers to any questions asked later tonight.

On the topic of impers and casters...

In hindsight it would've made sense for me to list casters in the main list but I somehow didn't see it needed at the time(weird right). I can assure folks there will be and always has been in past Impalongs plenty of casters so don't fret! As for more impers, there is ALWAYS room for more impers, even if you can't improve to high levels like others, any improvement is a help as well. If you have a skill, don't be afraid to sign up for it, even if the list is quite large already!

Nahjo favor was sort of screwed up with the new update as I'd stock piled 10,000 99ql wheat, so I am working with someone to help sort that mess out and ensure a good supply of saccables of that front.

The deed is nearly complete(mostly, kind of, sort of...)! There is mainly just half of the Inn to complete which will accommodate about 50 beds, and the pair of Inn structures themselves 100 beds when they are finished. That said due to time constraints on my end only half the Inn may be finished come Impalong time. I am also sad to report there is still a colossus and a half to create at the front entrance to the deed as well...

I will admit I have read up or partaken in absolutely nothing of the new cooking update, so I've got no cookhouse or any facilities set up or even planned the deed for.

• Like 2