Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Hotfix: 4/SEP/16

• Addressed a potential deed permission issue. Please check your deed permissions for non citizens to ensure that they are correct.
  • Like 1

Could this be more specific? Is this related to any of the PVP permission issues I've reported?

some info on what exactly we should "look at" would be nice.

• Like 5

I have checked a few deeds of mine and the non citizen role settings appear correct so far, it would be really helpful if this message would be more clear to as to what the problem was that should have been solved with this fix.  

• Like 1

This exploit allowed non citizens to gain the "destroy any building" permission.

No deeds currently have this permission enabled anymore (any that did were removed during the hotfix).

It is just a simple reminder to double check deed security

• Like 3

Permissions are driving me nuts. Example:  I don't have permissions on a deed I own and pay for thus have to log the mayor to give me access for things I had permission for before the introduction (and now the hotfix)...yet someone I never gave any permissions could gain access to destroy my gate house?  Thanks for the fix, but it is driving me nuts.

Edited by Fairyshine
  • Like 4

It was a default permission from when deeds came out I believe. I don't trust wurm defaults and you really should go through the default roles for all your deeds and all roles, citizen/alliance'/non-cit as some dev's idea's of defaults do not mesh with mine.

Honestly the default should be nothing checked for any roles, let the mayor decide what he/she wants to add.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 3

Two things:

1. Exactly what Jake says above

2. When you make a hot fix and it just might F up permissions that let any random player come nuke your buildings, FOR GOD SAKE, FORCE every deed permission setting to not allow this immediately, then toll folks you did this.  Right now, anyone that didn't read this is potentially exposed to griefing, which just just showed them how to do.

I just don't trust Wurm development anymore.  I don't understand this thinking. 

-Former Wurmian.

Sign in to follow this