Sign in to follow this  
Wulfmaer

Rift - Reported 4th September (Rift Closed)

A new rift has been reported - to the south east of the last rift. It is in P19 close to where rifts 3 and 5 where.

auction_timer_E1473143067.gif

kQ8mIJq.png

Access is via the road along the ridge south of the rift, that joins the road that runs south from the old deed of Mountain Oasis (no longer exists) the the south coast. For those coming from the west the best route is probably via the last rift and following the path to between the two lakes and then heading south through the woods and across the desert to the site of rift 2 and 3, and then via the deserted Tuchuk Mountain.

For those building safe areas, please do this back from the rift edge - so the mobs have a chance to loose aggression and run back into the rift.

---

NFzQ1cM.png

Very few of use this time. Once again two healers are miles ahead in the 'score'. Not sure about loot distribution, but I only got an bit of adamantine. :(

Not too sure about the scaling of mob numbers, this one took 3 hours to close where as the previous ones have been closer to two hours.

Look forward to seeing a few more people at the next one, in 9 days from the time this one closed (for those needing to plan ahead). Hopefully the next one will be in an easier location for travelling to.

Edited by Wulfmaer
adding closing stats and comment
  • Like 3

Thanks for the info and map Wulf!

Going to try and make it to this one.

Be warned, if the healing area is too far back you're going to end up doing most of your fighting off-rift which = 0 contribution.

Wulf, could you flatten a 5x5 area where you want me to put up the healing shrine?  And can someone drop a fo altar on the central tile of that area?

Could someone also set up a loom?

Finally any gems you have for favor storage would be deeply appreciated by everyone attending (means faster heals)

Edited by Etherdrifter

Hi Ether, Gunn and I are going to go help setup the site, we don't know if we will actually fight at the rift, but we will help setup your healing area at least if that helps any :)

There is only a very limited amount of space around the rift - it is towards the top of a broad ridge with the ground falling away in all directions.

I think the best place for the healing shrine will be on the north edge between the two roads - I'll hop on with the alt that is there after the restart and pack the area. I expect to ride over in a bit over 12 hours.

Edited by Wulfmaer

2 hours ago, Daigu said:

Hi Ether, Gunn and I are going to go help setup the site, we don't know if we will actually fight at the rift, but we will help setup your healing area at least if that helps any :)

Marvellous PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE keep the healing area 7x7 at most, otherwise people spread out and often miss LoF casts.

Tough rift area, real tough. Top of a hill, barely enough space for anything.  Going to attempt a 5x5 but still will not be flat. 

its a tough terrain :( we plan on building 'gates' right at the rift line to buy us some real estate in front of the healing area...

Daigu has been hard at work prepping some space for peoples tents as well

behind the healing zone

McTc7gy.jpg

• Like 1

btw - thanks Wulf for your fast reports so folks can get a jump on things :)

I'm at P14 near Lormere... better to head to former Rift areas and back down or just straight East?

The only pass I know of over those mountains is the one by the last rift. Unless you know of another route through those mountains it's best to head via the former rift and then back down.

• Like 1

Wow longest rift event ever,  everyone had to dig deep into their stamina reserves and  as ever  thanks to all healers for their great work.  Rest mode ON :)

13 minutes ago, Wingfoot said:

Rest mode ON :)

Rest would be nice - got a 2 hour ride to look forwards to, but that can wait for a new wurm day.

6 hours ago, Wulfmaer said:

Rest would be nice - got a 2 hour ride to look forwards to, but that can wait for a new wurm day.

Hi Wulf,  you definately deserve  your rest.   Thanks for the navigation assist, much apprecited :)

Hope you guys had a great time! Had to skip this one due to bad timing and too much other stuff going on.

On 9/4/2016 at 0:16 AM, Wulfmaer said:

Not sure about loot distribution, but I only got an bit of adamantine.

At my first two rifts i also got just a lump (ranked 5 & 7), this time a smaller lump and 2 shoulder pads.