Sign in to follow this  
Greyfox

close

No need  

31 members have voted

1. 1. No need

While I'll be the first to admit that I use this, I do think it's entirely to powerful for the level you get it at.

I personally have asked a couple times in various suggestion posts to scale the level and power of Refresh for PoL. 

However I have also stated that the "refresh" should be a meditation skill talent overall.  Not just path of love. Preferably done in a place of power for a persons respective Path.

Edited by Tallios
  • Like 1

Refresh is vastly overpowered in it's current state and completely negates what should be a core part of the game.

I suppose people who vote yes would also like a button that gives them a pile of 99QL moon metal and dragon scale every day? 

Edit: This is not to say I don't think the proposed changes couldn't due with some tweaking.

Edited by Darmalus

Just now, Darmalus said:

Refresh is vastly overpowered in it's current state and completely negates what should be a core part of the game.

I suppose people who vote yes would also like a button that gives them a pile of 99QL moon metal and dragon scale every day? 

I won't lie, I'd love a pile of moon metal, but it does kinda kill a lot of the challenge in the game.

• Like 1

I agree with Darmalus and have voted No on this poll. I like what its being changed to. I am not PoL so I don't get to take advantage of this ability.

I am PoL and this change is going to inconvenience me horribly.

Still voting no though because refresh is pretty broken, you'd need 90 meditation and a LOT of time now to get your 99% back which seems more balanced.

• Like 1

Absolutely do not nerf PoL, it isn't broken, DONT FIX IT! This enables SO many people to enjoy wurm that you will be literally throwing away subscriptions. Idiots!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Toolhead said:

Absolutely do not nerf PoL, it isn't broken, DONT FIX IT! This enables SO many people to enjoy wurm that you will be literally throwing away subscriptions. Idiots!

May I ask what is it about refresh specifically that is so needed?  Can we break this down so that some compromise can be made or aspects preserved?

Specifically it's the speed of food and water bars lowering at higher nutrition. And the tiny skillgain bonus. So i would say, the ability in a whole.

Edited by zigozag

6 minutes ago, Tallios said:

May I ask what is it about refresh specifically that is so needed?  Can we break this down so that some compromise can be made or aspects preserved?

It allows someone to maintain +5% skill gain, all the time if they don't play enough to trigger fasting and drop from 99% nutrition to 79%.

The solution, I think, is to remove nutrition and bake that +5% skill gain in to normal skill gain. Then hunger and thirst will only effect stamina regen.

This means PoL would need an overhaul to be worth it compared to almost anything, but meditation paths in general desperately need to be reworked.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

It allows someone to maintain +5% skill gain, all the time if they don't play enough to trigger fasting and drop from 99% nutrition to 79%.

The solution, I think, is to remove nutrition and bake that +5% skill gain in to normal skill gain. Then hunger and thirst will only effect stamina regen.

This means PoL would need an overhaul to be worth it compared to almost anything, but meditation paths in general desperately need to be reworked.

Here's a thought train worth investigating I think.

7 minutes ago, zigozag said:

Specifically it's the speed of food and water bars lowering at higher nutrition. And the tiny skillgain bonus. So i would say, the ability in a whole.

Well I agree with you that the food and water drop alarmingly fast at times, but I think this should be alters to suit your activities not strictly your nutrition score.

As for the "skill gain buff" Darmalus has a good thought on it, i believe.

Edited by Tallios

Combine to two, I say.

Remove nutrition, move the +5% skill gain for 99% nutrition into basic skill gain. Set hunger and thirst bars to drop at the rate someone with 99% nutrition would experience. Cooking can stand on it's own merits due to the new food QL based skill buffs.

• Like 1

judging by the voting so far the devs made a good decision.

currently 1,1,7,13

Yes, let's poll the community to gauge how much they like something that isn't even in the game yet.

Maybe we can wait until the new food system is actually out before bothering with tearing it to shreds? And yes, Refresh is part of that.

Don't need to get a Flat tire to know I don't want one. Besides its just a poll not like the Devs even have to listen or do anything about it .Democracy at it's finest.

3 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Yes, let's poll the community to gauge how much they like something that isn't even in the game yet.

Maybe we can wait until the new food system is actually out before bothering with tearing it to shreds? And yes, Refresh is part of that.

No, Refresh should not be part of the new food system since that give bonus above what the current food system and Refresh give.

No reason at all to nerf one mech to introduce the food update.
So no, I'm not asking for them to "Tear to shreds" the improved cooking.  I'm asking them not to tear something else to shreds.

Nice attempt to make this poll about something it's not, but please, stay on topic.

Well, this thread is now not needed.  The devs have seen the light and backed off on the Nerf.

3 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

Well, this thread is now not needed.  The devs have seen the light and backed off on the Nerf.

Crying children have won the day while being outnumbered 2 to 1 in the pole before being deleted.

5 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

Crying children have won the day while being outnumbered 2 to 1 in the pole before being deleted.

It wasn't 2 to 1.  And it was 31 votes out of a playerbase of over 1,000, not an accurate poll by any measure.

And thanks, it's been ALONG time since anyone called me a child.

41 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

Its amazing how "the light" so often means "STATUS QUO NAOW" in this place.