Sign in to follow this  

2 hours ago, Stormblade said:

Yeah right considering how stupid insane it is to even Get a dam tick increase in meditation.  Now if you make so that there is NO randomness to gaining meditation skill gain then fine yeah sure go ahead nerf it.

This. I have almost given up entirely on meditating on Chaos cos of the frequency of no ticks. Dont mind if its a soul or nature tick but meditating is SO time intensive that its frustrating to the point of not wanting to continue when you constantly get no tick at all.

Edited by Rhianna
spelling
  • Like 1

I already said it, but thanks again for the rethink on the nerf to Refresh.
I'm looking forward to the cooking update now.  Now that the nerf was taken out.

• Like 2

The solution is simple; people are crying that they don't want to cook in order to get to the current status quo, when the patch releases.  However the devs want people to cook.  So in order to please both sides keep it so rares/refreshes are the same (which is done) but make it so that the new cooking is so OP that you would have to cook.  Of course people will still cry but they get what they asked for.

buff wurm not nerf!

so im glad you guys decided against it while i was reading the thread

now all that's left is to remove priest restrictions x) <3

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Meiyeeer joins the team
This week we took on a new volunteer developer! Meiyeeer has joined our team and will be working with us on various projects, so be sure to give her a huge Wurmian welcome, and don't harass her too much!

Welcome to the madhouse, I am sure almost everyone missed this part of the post, after seeing nothing but red in regards to the nerfs on nutrition.

Jake, this time you have a valid point here - Meiyeeer, welcome to the dev team!

Dev team, really thanks for reconsidering the nerfs. In my personal view nutri should not be set to a fixed level by any consumed food but those should add or substract from the current level. I feel dumb when I eat a piece of cake at 99% nutri...

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

It will be much much better, the suggested changes were a general balance. With this new system the minimal skillgain bonus from 99% nutrition will be a less effective choice.

That said, it's also why we're reversing it, not everyone is here to maximise skillgain and while some enjoy cooking, others avid it, just like some dislike masonry or any other skill.

but if it was the less effective choice compared to cooking, why would you even mess with it?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KyleBooze said:

but if it was the less effective choice compared to cooking, why would you even mess with it?

The original intention was to allow meal based skill bonuses to coincide with refreshes, meaning players would maintain their skillgain bonuses plus boosts from the varying refreshes.

Nutrition will not be touched now, but using a refresh will wipe skill bonuses from eating any meal.

After sleeping for a few hours and reading through the thread again, I still do not understand why everyone is so incredibly upset that they cannot get 99% nutrition with a click of a button, even after it was explained that the benefits of high nutrition were mostly moved to the new cooking system.

If having high nutrition is such a game changer then ###### remove it already, or are you fine with newbies and those who do not refresh having to suffer with lower nutrition?

I heard that people were telling newbies to go PoL simply because the refresh is so nice, isn't that robbing their choice away? Were the same people not complaining that this is a sandbox and that they should feel like they can do whatever they want?

Like ######, it feels like most of you are fine with refresh because you have it, but you don't think of those that don't have it.

Makes me think of the SOTG arguments: "I have it, don't nerf it.", Meanwhile all the newbies get ###### over just because they don't have it.

Just felt like ranting since I hate how the devs backed out of the change without even letting people test it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chlodovech said:

I wonder what kind of meal you make with wood scraps.

Extra Fiber is what it is.

• Like 1

It's a true shame that books were not added into the game before this cooking upgrade.

It would have been great to trade recipes with other players for one we did not have and have the Cook Book to mull over when cooking your fav meal.

Also books would be able to be integrated into new spells....scrolls and other stuff.

Congrats on what looks like a very nice new cooking system....

But i think Wurm missed a big opportunity to make the game even better with the addition of books. :S

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Garit said:

It's a true shame that books were not added into the game before this cooking upgrade.

It would have been great to trade recipes with other players for one we did not have and have the Cook Book to mull over when cooking your fav meal.

Also books would be able to be integrated into new spells....scrolls and other stuff.

Congrats on what looks like a very nice new cooking system....

But i think Wurm missed a big opportunity to make the game even better with the addition of books. :S

Wurm has been missing the bus with any kind of real paper and documents for a long long time.

48 minutes ago, Redd said:

Nice PvP update

Thanks buddy, we worked hard on it.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Budda said:

I don't agree with the backlash for the refresh change one bit, but you've been heard - we won't change the nutrition gained from refresh/sacrificng.

Try some perspective here man.

All about playstyles, like why would I bother making wine on Freedom?  If it's about quick stamina regen for a mountain climb, a stash of maple syrup and a few tiles of strawberries work just fine, yet I had thousands of grape bushes (*botanic snicker*).  In the same way, you had some lunatics pushing for 99 cooking while some others such as myself pushed 90+ fishing when butchering any random wolf gives faster results.

Re: saccing rares, CC brought that one upon itself.  This may sound familiar:  "Imp 50 hammers to q80 hoping for a rare, run out of iron, go back to mines, WHAM supreme q2.37 iron ore".  Being able to sac it for full nutrition at least removes the insult from injury.

Some people live in their mines (more literally now), some won't even go in with bribery.

Leaving refresh/saccing as it is won't take away from the awesome-looking cooking system.  Those who were gonna use it will do so anyways, those who weren't gonna use it anyways can go on with their normal Wurm lives without incentive to cancel their subs.

Deep breaths, devs.  The least important part of your idea got shot down, focus instead on all the drunks brewers gleefully preparing their deeds.

And good luck, Meiyeeer...... be strong! 

Edited by Mordraug
  • Like 5

Really not sure what to think about all of this uproar.

Generally I love the idea to have some more variations in cooking. Surely there will be some freaks using it, I'll try out some of them.

The thing I don't understand, why making such an effort with counting out every little skillbonus - does it really effect the way/style of playing this game? Isn't it overvalued?

And isn't the refresh in PoL overvalued by people, too? You can use it once a day, it will not last very long then you have to fill your body with a meal again. It's nice to have, when you're far away from home/a cook and can get your body to well nurished ... or you're climbing a mountain and run out of stam...

I think, let them people cook, give them the ability to use new compositions but let cooking be a skill like some others which are nice but not such important to get them highest.

And let refreshing what it is, nice to have but not really vitally important.

You can survive without this both in wurm, believe me.

Me am a meanwhile high skilled player, PoK btw, without refreshing, highest ql food, rare and best enchanted tools I got my skills up.

And I had nut 60-65 for years, now I get it to 89 max, if I have meals 80+ql. And sometimes when I am happy finding a rare sprout or something , I am happy and running to sacc it.

Why making it all more complicated as necessary, isn't Wurm tangled enough?  Aren't we playing it for fun ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Worksock said:

*snip*

I heard that people were telling newbies to go PoL simply because the refresh is so nice, isn't that robbing their choice away? Were the same people not complaining that this is a sandbox and that they should feel like they can do whatever they want?

*snip*

You may have been misinformed, I always saw it mentioned for the enchanted grass, Refresh being a handy added bonus.  Enchanted grass USED to be near-indestructible.  Now it packs easier AND randomly reverts to normal grass.

As for newbies and people who picked another path, now there are all those cooking options TOO AAAAAAND they can still carry that rare iron lump around in case a long trip catches them starving.  You're welcome *Path of Love Hug Technique*

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Worksock said:

Could we put this on the test server and atleast try out the refresh/sac changes?

Also I recall a dev saying in a pvp thread about how they were tired of knee-jerk reactions and were not going to change things based on them, yet now that's exactly what's happening here

pls explain

Seriously. I almost wish they would tell us nothing and just drop changes on us because no matter what happens, people are going to scream they they KNOW what the devs have in mind, they can't cook in game because they have a wife, if it's not perfect they'll quit, etc. Wurm needs to be, if anything, less democratic, when not talking about horse colors. If it's just dropped onto test, people can scream over real and actual events. At least kind of. 

• Like 2

Fun thought : The devs could probably remove the nutrition skillgain bonus and no-one would actually notice, ninja updates silence petty fears

• Like 1

It is not about nutrition skillgain bonus.. it is more about the difference how fast your food bar drops, when you compare for example having 50% nutrition and 99% nutrition.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Retrograde said:

The bonuses from cooking were going to coincide from with cooking bonuses

Wat

• Like 1