Sign in to follow this  

8 minutes ago, Budda said:

I don't agree with the backlash for the refresh change one bit, but you've been heard - we won't change the nutrition gained from refresh/sacrificng.

ok, great, freedom cried for 45 minutes. Now implement a karma CD for us pvpers...this is an absolute joke!

"we won't be swayed by knee jerk reactions that people haven't tested"

yet we've tested karma and still nothing. omg..

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 3

Just now, Ostentatio said:

There was never stated to be any sort of nerf to nutrition.

Oh I know, I am assuming the new cookbook came along the lines of, to make everyone want to learn how to cook and use this new system we will nerf the existing nutrition system.

Just now, Mclovin said:

ok, great, freedom cried for 45 minutes. Now implement a karma CD for us pvpers...this is an absolute joke!

freedom crying over a pol change no different than 1/2 the pvp population wondering why we need to nerf karma teleporting

10 minutes ago, Budda said:

I don't agree with the backlash for the refresh change one bit, but you've been heard - we won't change the nutrition gained from refresh/sacrificng.

praise budda

6 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

freedom crying over a pol change no different than 1/2 the pvp population wondering why we need to nerf karma teleporting

Nowhere near half - the facts have been spoken again and again as to why it should be nerfed, retro has pointed out why it should be nerfed and anybody with a brain can see why it needs to be nerfed. We won't be repeating facts here; It's clear a kingdom DEPENDANT on it wouldn't want a mechanic they rely on nerfed, but for 90% of epic AND pvpers on chaos outside of the few inside your kingdom, karma mechanic being on a CD is supported.

You've yet again, and ill happily pull the threads, shown you can't even give a reason as to why no CD should be placed, apart from self interest and have failed to come up with anything new and anything to stand up to an argument in reply.

Retro/Buddah, players are inpatient, if you're holding off a nerf to a mechanic wanted by so many just to keep so few in 1 kingdom out off all pvping clusters happy, then that's 100% the reason why chaos/epic is so stagnite right now.

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

According to this thread, some people getting like a 3% skillgain boost instead of 5%, in some situations, is enough to QUIT FOREVER over, flipping cars and setting fire to storefronts while screaming incessantly about how PoL is "ruined".

Stay classy, Wurm.

• Like 2

Could we put this on the test server and atleast try out the refresh/sac changes?

Also I recall a dev saying in a pvp thread about how they were tired of knee-jerk reactions and were not going to change things based on them, yet now that's exactly what's happening here

pls explain

I don't have time to read though 10 pages of vitriol so I apologize if this was recommended already.

Just have rare/sup/fan sacs add 10/20/30 nutrition to your current level. That way you will still have to cook to get it to a decent level before you sac and still removes a ton of rare items from the game like it does currently. Or if you don't have much time to play your nutrition will always stay high because you just need to sac to top your nutrition off. This is a good thing because always being at 99% nutrition gives low-playtime players a little bit of help with skill gain. I don't see a downside to this method but feel free to correct me. Thanks.

Edited by arakiel
  • Like 3

I just want to say thank you for reverting the change for refresh and saccing.  I know that there will be lots that will draw people to using the new cooking system but this way they have the option of not using it.

• Like 1

Refresh by one character onto another character only works if the person doing the refresh is premium at the time.  (...and using it on yourself if you are non prem is pretty useless as you can't grind skills any way, your skills are capped at 20.)  This means that people like me, who hate cooking and don't create/mine/dig/harvest enough stuff to get a steady supply of rares, basically keep a char with refresh ability premiumed so I don't have to worry about food.  (I don't have Path of Love on my main char.)  Obviously, getting any char up in meditation is a chore in itself, due to the random ticks and timers.

If the refresh was changed like stated in the OP, I would just let that prem drop and never eat.  Unfortunately I don't have enough aspirations to get my skills to 90's to learn to cook a myriad of recipes and eat each one to see which skill I personally get boosted...I can see other OCD people doing it, but when you work and do other things in real life, this would just be another chore I don't enjoy doing.   However, if there was a way to store food for longer periods, this may be a fun thing to do, but having to spend time cooking stuff only to see it damaged and decayed a day later, no thanks.

I can see why the PoL people are a bit annoyed:  First enchant grass was nerfed and now grass seem to revert back to normal grass or packed dirt at an alarming rate.  Then healing got nerfed too, something to do with PvP.  Now refresh was under threat.  I guess these things taken with other things like the overnight trader nerf, the fountain pan/backpack time bomb, and decay on deeds which keep people busy with repairs when they wanted to log in and have fun, all make many people jumpy.

Lastly, and as per usual:  Any word on working on the carts not following terrain issue?  That really is an annoying game "feature".

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Nowhere near half - the facts have been spoken again and again as to why it should be nerfed

I only see the same 10 or so players asking for this over and over and over. That is certainly not the majority, the rest don't say anything cause you just troll everything over and over, there really is no point.

karma was listed in the og thread and was outspoken by many which is why it got put on as a change and is currently on the test server. I've already challenged you to come up with another idea to make it fair and you trolled with your replies, like I said before, the change will come because player demmand got it to where it is now which is on the test server.. so this 10 ppl bs lol, you can help shape how its implemented or blow until your blue in the face for self interest and it will still get implemented. Both sides take a loss with it, but from feedback and overall opinion, more pvp and less war deeds in otherwise undefendable places, which means less map stagnitation will come from it.

I don't troll, I'm always open for debate and have backed down many times when proven wrong or adapted my view, but you're all for self interest, I'm for the better of pvp, even if my kingdom takes a hit.

Edited by Mclovin

I got a curve ball.... HE DEV's  

LEAVE REFRESH stats alone,  but make it a premium only talent and only self targeted while meditating in a place of power!

7 hours ago, MrGARY said:

i dont want to cook in choresonline ...

lol

• Like 2

Maybe  lower the level of effective in the  LT in PoL that is listed at level 11 with Healing Hands. They are right though, enchanting grass(level 7) is now the only benefit worth anything in PoL until  level 11 Healing Hands. Add healing bonus to applying cotton and bandages now.

Just now, Traveler777 said:

Maybe  lower the level of effective in the  LT in PoL that is listed at level 11 with Healing Hands. They are right though, enchanting grass(level 7) is now the only benefit worth anything in PoL until  level 11 Healing Hands. Add healing bonus to applying cotton and bandages now.

The initial idea is quite similar to the proposed ideas for SoTG. As you gain meditation levels the effect and bonus increases.

Cooking with this system will always beat using refresh, but it will take actually using the system to show that. Hopefully we'll have it in open testing soon!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

What I see in this thread:

Tons of people complaining that now they might have to eat in order to eat (instead of abusing a completely absurd refresh system).

How about tons of people who want to spend their time the way they want to spend it? Or tons of people who are tired of the diminishing returns on PoL? I don't want to be forced to spend my time WORKING when I've logged into a game. The new cooking system looks interesting, but I want to use it IF I feel like using it. There's enough work already. I think the ratio right now is about 80% chore to 20% time spent doing something non-repetitious and what I feel like is actually fun. Is the goal to get that down to 99% chore?

• Like 4

Stop expecting that living like a hermit is the end-all, be-all of Wurm's PvE experience, or is even intended to be that way in the first place. Go live in a village with someone who cooks if you don't want to cook.

... Stop expecting it to be super easy to live in a one-person village. ...

WHY? Seriously. It's a sandbox game. Why try to force people to play a certain way? So there can be even less players? The grind is bad enough.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, LorraineJ said:

WHY? Seriously. It's a sandbox game. Why try to force people to play a certain way? So there can be even less players? The grind is bad enough.

Wurm is not a pure sandbox. If it were, we'd all start the game with skills at 100 and access to every ability.

In this day and age the developers can not afford to make the game any harder, quality of life aspects need to be implemented. 

the new cooking system will probably have so many more benefits to the player, at least I hope so. Having one refresh per day does nothing to a player that plays for 16 hrs. If you are going to put in a new system make it better than its competitors, dont nerf the ones that have come before. You just anger people that way. The players didnt make the mechanics, dont make them suffer because you want something new to look better, make it better.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zacheris said:

someone got the reference!

2 minutes ago, Milosanx said:

In this day and age the developers can not afford to make the game any harder, quality of life aspects need to be implemented. 

the new cooking system will probably have so many more benefits to the player, at least I hope so. Having one refresh per day does nothing to a player that plays for 16 hrs. If you are going to put in a new system make it better than its competitors, dont nerf the ones that have come before. You just anger people that way. The players didnt make the mechanics, dont make them suffer because you want something new to look better, make it better.

It will be much much better, the suggested changes were a general balance. With this new system the minimal skillgain bonus from 99% nutrition will be a less effective choice.

That said, it's also why we're reversing it, not everyone is here to maximise skillgain and while some enjoy cooking, others avid it, just like some dislike masonry or any other skill.

This game is designed to be encompassing, and often if you do not wish to work on a skill there are others that do, working together on tasks you enjoy and helping each other will always be more effective than working alone feeling forced to focus on tasks you dislike

And if you do want those benefits, and still don't want to cook, join up with some people who do.

I don't mean to seem to be picking on your posts, btw, most of the time I agree with you but with this stuff, no. This is a game for me. I want to do what I want to do. Now say I do join up with this person who's totally into cooking. As it is, every day I have to do the same thing over and over and over because I keep animals. That means feeding them, checking them, growing food for them, and making sure I butcher and drag home anything in sight. Most days by the time that's all done, I need to log off. I only get a little fun if I play on the weekend. At least during the week I don't have to cook. Now say I've joined up with this person who cooks. What do I do? Just poach on their good will? Obviously I'll have to do something in trade so I'm not just taking advantage of their cooking. So my daily grind of repetitive tasks now expands to whatever it is this cook wants in trade. Where does it end?

Really though, is it hard to have one person in your alliance or village who likes to cook, and can supply people with meals, if you don't want to do it yourself? I don't see why this should be such a huge hurdle to overcome.

Sorry again, I'm reading through and just have to answer. Who is this person who now has an obligation to cook for people? What if they don't want to log in for a day or two? Or a week? This is a GAME. It shouldn't be a burden. What is this slave chef getting in return? These are not good feelings for people to have.

5 hours ago, irobotnik8 said:

I have a problem with making options inviable in a sandbox style game. I have problems with making cookie cutter play styles that people have to conform to. I have a problem with turning a sandbox building/crafting/pvp/adventure game into a numbers simulator.

I ran out of likes so I have to quote and say   THIS.

Edited by Retrograde
Sorry! Merging the multiple posts
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tallios said:

I want balance and flow, not click and done. 

So play that way. If you need chores to do, I have tons! I'll even pay you. But when I log on, I'd like to be doing something I enjoy. I don't need even more chores piled on. I don't understand why people worry about how OTHER people are playing, unless those players are messing up the view.