Sign in to follow this  

how can we revamp cooking with 700 recipies but can't put karma rework in - everybody going nuts about nutrition whilst pvpers are being removed from the game by a stupid karma spell that 90% already agree shouldn't exist in pvp - JUST A 24 HOUR CD. That's all you need to do. But instead you're scrambling eggs with butter with temps with all kinds of debuffs to path of love when the only debuff WE PVPERS WANT is a karma CD.

OMMMG this is so annoying. And you're going to listen straight away to the feedback on cooking and tweak before you even tweak the LIVE MECHANIC IN GAME DESTROYING PVP.

• Like 6

Refresh allows many players who work full time, have kids etc to log in once a day, use refresh, and have fun doing whatever they like to do for an hour or two before going back to their miserable lives. The real impact from nerfing PoL is that you'll be making the game unenjoyable for those people.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

how can we revamp cooking with 700 recipies but can't put karma rework in - everybody going nuts about nutrition whilst pvpers are being removed from the game by a stupid karma spell that 90% already agree shouldn't exist in pvp - JUST A 24 HOUR CD. That's all you need to do. But instead you're scrambling eggs with butter with temps with all kinds of debuffs to path of love when the only debuff WE PVPERS WANT is a karma CD.

OMMMG this is so annoying. And you're going to listen straight away to the feedback on cooking and tweak before you even tweak the LIVE MECHANIC IN GAME DESTROYING PVP.

The PvP balance changes thread is over There, mate.

1 minute ago, Toolhead said:

Refresh allows many players who work full time, have kids etc to log in once a day, use refresh, and have fun doing whatever they like to do for an hour or two before going back to their miserable lives. The real impact from nerfing PoL is that you'll be making the game unenjoyable for those people.

Like I've said elsewhere in this thread: If you're really unable or unwilling to ever cook, or live around people who can cook for you, then just refresh and deal with having a very slightly lower bonus to your skillgain.

Edited by Ostentatio

3 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

The food system was definitely broken. It was an entire game system that encouraged you not to use it, since refreshing is strictly better than eating. When you have a game system set up in such a way that completely incentivizes you to avoid it at all costs, I'd consider that broken!

I'd also consider it broken for one of the most useful meditation abilities to be the absolute easiest to get.

The food system was broken.  Refresh was not.  
And since you can only be on one med path, it being an easy ability to get is debatable, you have to choose to go that path instead of a different path.   And since Refresh could only be used every 18 hours, it was only a 1once a day top up.  

It's clear the vast majority  don't agree with it the change.  

Change refresh back to the way it was, and the majority of us can be happy.   Add new cooking, and those of you who wanted a more complex cooking system can also be happy.  

• Like 2

Wow, a lot of replies in such a short period of time. I understand people's concerns, but as for me, I am very excited by this incoming new food/brewing system and can't wait to get my hands on it!

• Like 1

Yep, once again more changes that aren't thought through. Once again changes that reduce players from premming accounts.

lol I just got back and im smacking myself in the face again chanting "why?". 

I use to run 3-4 accounts. Now i'm lucky to run 2. Silly Codeclub.

• Like 5

maybe now's the time to include a prayer boost, in the rolls for prayer rewards?

Also, you are allowed to keep meals in a mailbox up to 7 days, FYI.   (They even stay hot!)

5 minutes ago, Greyfox said:

The food system was broken.  Refresh was not.  
And since you can only be on one med path, it being an easy ability to get is debatable, you have to choose to go that path instead of a different path.   And since Refresh could only be used every 18 hours, it was only a 1once a day top up.  

It's clear the vast majority  don't agree with it the change.  

Change refresh back to the way it was, and the majority of us can be happy.   Add new cooking, and those of you who wanted a more complex cooking system can also be happy.  

Refresh isn't broken though, nutrition % just scales with path level now instead of straight up giving you 99%

If high nutrition is wanted so much due food bar lasting longer, then propose a change for it

Edited by Worksock
  • Like 2

There was zero good reason to change refresh and saccing.

Please revert it.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Shrimpiie said:

There was zero good reason to change refresh and saccing.

Please revert it.

With all do respect, yes there is.  it's basically a cheat method.   With the availability of rare's and the low med skill requirement to get refresh.  It's almost a cheat.   The dev's I believe are attempting to balance this across the game in accordance with the cooking system and it's revision.

• Like 5

Refresh always did feel like a bit of a strong ability for 15 skill and 10.5 days total wait.  With access to decent rugs, that 15 skill could be done in an hour or so?  You don't even need to be premium to get there.  I like that you now need to keep advancing to get the full benefit, although perhaps bumping up the numbers a bit would balance better - say 50% base plus 10% per level, so you max out at level 9 (50 skill), maybe.  Sacrificing a fantastic should probably just take you to 99% everything straight off - I mean, how often do you even see one, much less actually make a junk one?

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Tallios said:

With all do respect, yes there is.  it's basically a cheat method.   With the availability of rare's and the low med skill requirement to get refresh.  It's almost a cheat.   The dev's I believe are attempting to balance this across the game in accordance with the cooking system and it's revision.

You plugging your ears and stamping your feet whilst screaming "PLAY MY WAYYYYYY WAHHHHHH" isn't a "cheat method," nor is it a good reason to change it.

1 minute ago, Delacroix said:

You plugging your ears and stamping your feet whilst screaming "PLAY MY WAYYYYYY WAHHHHHH" isn't a "cheat method," nor is it a good reason to change it.

*stamps his feet whilst screaming "I DONT LIKE THIS CHAAAANNGGEEE"*

Edited by Elktazahjr
  • Like 1

Just now, Delacroix said:

With all do respect the same could be said about the opposition.  I don't like labor intensive things, but I also recognize that anything that makes the average player's experience "easier" also takes away from other things.   I want balance and flow, not click and done.  Maybe I've got the wrong view., but I don't think so.

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Sacrificing:

•  A rare will now set you to 50% nutrition +  half of the QL.

"we removed low nutrition skill loss, so lets come up with another way to penalize new players with low skills again. like lower the nutrition they get when cooking with their low ql mats (which u know will happen due to low ql meals) and reducing nutrition gained by their low ql rare saccables too."

oh yes, nice change.

why did you even remove that to "favor newer players" when u now make it harder for them to get the bonuses again? is there any real point to this?

Edited by Arium

5 minutes ago, Arium said:

"we removed low nutrition skill loss, so lets come up with another way to penalize new players with low skills again.

No one is being penalized at all. I don't know why it is so difficult to grasp that it is a skill bonus, something you're going to have to work for now.

The low nutrition reduced skill gain was an actual penalty for newbies.

Edited by Elktazahjr

2 minutes ago, Delacroix said:

Change for the sake of change is stupid. Kind of like your laughable strawman.

How about change for the sake of balancing the game and adding content? Because that is exactly what this update is.

Ironic that you blame me for something that only you are doing right there.

So how will this work? we will obviously not have high NUT meals until the receipe is discovered? And even then meals will be done 1 by 1, or high NUT meals will require hard to find ingredients, or will meals, how they are now, still be in game and give high NUT?

Food, fine. I'm not holding my breath this actually is well thought out with "random personal bonuses". Scared people might eat certain food to gain certain bonuses to get better skills?

The PoL changes for refresh are beyond stupid. I've crapped on you guys before for this completely lack of business sense and vision. Extra POL account feeds main account 99% nutrition every 18 hours. Who cares? Your new system is about bonuses, not nutrition % skill gain (1% is laughable). That account will likely be unsubbed, as lots keep refresh/enchant ones around for precisely that. How is this warranted again? You've annoyed pretty much everyone besides Tallios who obviously wants people to play 18hrs a day to get anything done. I'd say that's reason enough to reconsider this, as there's only negative consequences.

2 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

So if I am to understand some aspects of the new cooking system: 

Player A may get a digging bonus from drinking koolaid while player B would get farming or whatever?

So now we need notes,  a spreadsheet or a really good memory to fully use the new cooking features.

Dumb question, does Rolf really have any imput to this game anymore or is just pretty much " I can code " and your picked to do whatever you please with this game nowdays?

• Like 1

Can't give more likes? Oh come on, i'm only halfway through the page 5.

• Like 4

god please, why do you guys keep changing things nobody wants?

i get the new food system, but as many others said, it should be optional and no one should be forced into using it by nerfing all the other stuff...

also, arent there more important things to fix...?

• Like 7

Holy batman!

Is all this crying and screaming and kicking in this thread because you cannot have 99% nutrition at all times without any effort any more? That you now might need some effort to get to 99%? That having to do with 80% nutrition completely ruins the game for you guys and makes it - of course - totally unplayable? The sense of senseless entitlement is strong in this thread.

Here's a newsflash for all you guys: One can play Wurm without having 99% nutrition. I know, I know, you didn't think it was possible. But it is. Really, it is. No black hole or rift will open to suck you into oblivion. Many people have managed it. Nothing bad happens when you do it as well. Your character doesn't become useless. You won't fall dead to the ground when you don't have 99% nutrition.

Now get over it please.

As to the cooking update. I value it but let me include a warning: On the first look it seems rather over-engineered and over-complex.

• Like 7

Misrepresenting the opposing side doesn't make your opinion look any better, FYI.

1 minute ago, Eobersig said:

As to the cooking update. I value it but let me include a warning: On the first look it seems rather over-engineered and over-complex.

Well hopefully after it goes live we can get some constructive critiques and help the dev's fine tune this,