Sign in to follow this  

Now I see less and less reason to reprem Jaz. It never happened before during my 3 years that my main is a noob again, now it is there for about a week and seems stay as is.

Do we really need any more nerfs? What about useless rare mats? Never ever happened to get anything rare using them to imp. Now no use to sacc most of them for nutri? Thanks? No.

1 minute ago, Ostentatio said:

Then it sounds like you have a problem with the existence of food/nutrition in the first place, if you feel it should only exist if you can completely circumvent it. If so, at least be honest and say that.

I have a problem with making options inviable in a sandbox style game. I have problems with making cookie cutter play styles that people have to conform to. I have a problem with turning a sandbox building/crafting/pvp/adventure game into a numbers simulator.

1 minute ago, Jaz said:

Now I see less and less reason to reprem Jaz. It never happened before during my 3 years that my main is a noob again, now it is there for about a week and seems stay as is.

Do we really need any more nerfs? What about useless rare mats? Never ever happened to get anything rare using them to imp. Now no use to sacc most of them for nutri? Thanks? No.

• Devs revamp cooking in a way that can give players significant bonuses to things like skill gain, well beyond what we already have
  • "ugh what's with all these nerfs"

At first glance the cooking system looks overly complex and that isn't a good thing if so.

I'm interested in how the nutrition system will work.

1. can we eat meals even if we aren't hungry so we can keep getting the limited bonuses? If we can't keep eating, how does the duration of the skill bonus comapre to how often we can eat?

2. what is a skill bonus? is it a skill gaining bonus or is it a skill usage bonus?

3. I love pumpkin + fillet of cooked meat. What is going to happen if that is the only thing I ever eat?

4. what about meal repairing and decay prevention.

i see reason to prem my char to get next this week.

diging like mining update,

map dumps,

tons of PVP changes

On 1. 12. 2015 at 9:52 AM, Rolf said:

I did, 30% negativity means we risk losing a lot of players so at the moment it's a no go.

someone remember this words?

why we dont make just simple poll? :D   oh that dont works too ingame seems or we dont use it!!!

Edited by Sila
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, irobotnik8 said:

Flawed analogy unless your next argument is that guard towers and deed guards are overpowered and need to be removed so everyone is forced to fight. With this update there will be pretty much no alternative to cooking.

Well your wrong because you still have the option to fill your bar and get at the very least 50% nutrition with a rare. I dont give a rats arse if you guys want to sit and cry about not having 99% so it lasts longer. 

If you want to argue something dont argue with lies. You can still fill your food and water with sacing and with refresh, and you have the option to buy meals from others to get higher ql IF you want to.

Wurm has always had a streak where it gets worse before it gets better, all i can hope is we stop putting out updates that hurt the game and implement changes that have will have positive effect to the "game" and not just a small community of players.

5 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

, you buy a weapon from somebody else instead. Same deal.

Not same deal because weapons decay not in some hours and need to be used in hot stage.

We where asked about our opinions and so we can state them here, nothing wrong with that. Its not nessesary to have someone that answers all opinions stated saying "i dont see your point". You dont want to see it, great. But let people just speak please. Some things might work out in the long run, but its just to much to force a certain playstile on people. Thats whats happening here.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, rixk said:

No, people get frustrated, because there is no way around it from now on. Until now cooking was an optional feature(yes, some people actually used it). From now on it becomes mandatory, you can't avoid it. THAT is the problem.

Imagine an update, which makes weaponsmithing for example mandatory. All the weaponsmiths would be "meh", some of them would cheer, but most of the players would simply be pissed off.

I have affinity of HFC. My HFC is 2.00. Should I say more?

7 minutes ago, Worksock said:

Food has always been mandatory though, it's only those that that choose to go PoL or sac rares that can get around it

Meanwhile everyone that isn't PoK or can sac enough rares either have to grind up the skill a bit or interact with others for meals

Cooking before this overhaul sounds pretty bad for new players who are interested in it

If they are interested in cooking and such, they get ###### because most of the community completely ignores it and instead uses a meditation ability or sacs random ###### such a rare shard or a rare potato

So the solution is to force whole playerbase to cook now, just to please those few people. I don't deny, that cooking was bland so far, I even said, that it could've used some changes to add some depth, to make it feel more rewarding. Currently proposed system with no alternative will simply make it another chore.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MaurizioAM said:

Well your wrong because you still have the option to fill your bar and get at the very least 50% nutrition with a rare. I dont give a rats arse if you guys want to sit and cry about not having 99% so it lasts longer. 

If you want to argue something dont argue with lies. You can still fill your food and water with sacing and with refresh, and you have the option to buy meals from others to get higher ql IF you want to.

Hey, if you don't mind saccing a rare mat every few minutes or if you have the time to cook a new meal 10 times a day simply because you don't do anything, that's your problem. While I have 99 HFC, I pity the poor souls who don't simply because they will be forced to grind it now. For those of us who want to continue to have high nutrition pretty much all the time, it's an insane amount of work that disrupts day-to-day activities.

14 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

To use your own analogy: Weaponsmithing is already mandatory if you want to fight anything or protect yourself, since you need a weapon for that. If you don't want to do it yourself, you buy a weapon from somebody else instead. Same deal.

Cooking will still be optional in the sense that refresh will still be available, and making lower quality food will still presumably be possible at lower skill. You just wouldn't get the full benefits of the system, because you're refusing to deal with it or live/trade with people who do. This seems fair to me.

As it was said already.. IF you want to fight.. ;) Fighting is something, that can be happily ignored. :)

2 minutes ago, rixk said:

So the solution is to force whole playerbase to cook now, just to please those few people. I don't deny, that cooking was bland so far, I even said, that it could've used some changes to add some depth, to make it feel more rewarding. Currently proposed system with no alternative will simply make it another chore.

Unfortunately, much of Wurm's userbase tends to have a condition that causes them to fixate, have issues with social interactions, and not comprehend things outside of their (tiny) bubble.

• Like 1

I kind of live on thin air in rl also.

About Ostentatios suggestion to live in villages: no that is not what Rolf wants, he wants us to pay as much upkeep as possible, preferably own several deeds each (I have 9 atm).

And this is a sandbox game, if I wanna live on thin air and be a builder on my nine deeds I should be able to.

There are very few benefits to PoL, we that choose it choose it cause we don't like cooking, or farming.

This all sure turns me off, I payed another year on a toon just the other day. I guess I should try to be happy she is my best chef.

And um, not a fun way to celebrate my birthday and 3 years in forums in about five minutes :(

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rixk said:

Just now, irobotnik8 said:

Hey, if you don't mind saccing a rare mat every few minutes or if you have the time to cook a new meal 10 times a day simply because you don't do anything, that's your problem. While I have 99 HFC, I pity the poor souls who don't simply because they will be forced to grind it now. For those of us who want to continue to have high nutrition pretty much all the time, it's an insane amount of work that disrupts day-to-day activities.

Again m8 we know nothing about these meals, for all we know casual cooking every few days might be plenty enough

If you want the extra bonus % for skilling, then invest some more time into cooking

And as Retro already explained in the news post, high nutrition does barely anything for your bonus % now, it's mostly based on what type of food you make

2 hours ago, Mclovin said:

by deleting meditation hopefully.

How about deleting the PVP servers?  That would solve so many problems.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sirene said:

Not same deal because weapons decay not in some hours and need to be used in hot stage

My crappy 30ql meals last 2-3 days, at least and you never need to eat meals hot. Yes, this might mean you need to put in some work to get that 99% you all seem to think is required to play, but why does everyone insist Wurm has to be easy mode? If this were a newbie complaining about building a newb hut, you'd all be on them about how 'hardcore' Wurm is. Let it be complex and hard and also let priests now have a skill they can always do and sell!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Worksock said:

Again m8 we know nothing about these meals, for all we know casual cooking every few days might be plenty enough

If you want the extra bonus % for skilling, then invest some more time into cooking

And as Retro already explained in the news post, high nutrition does barely anything for your bonus % now, it's mostly based on what type of food you make

Nutrition bonus does more than give a marginal increase in skillgain %. It affects how frequently you have to fill your food bar as well, which in turn affects stamina regeneration, (supposedly) combat rating, how often you need to interrupt whatever you're doing to find something to eat, and other things. 

Regardless, my dissatisfaction with the upcoming cooking system has to do with the fact that idiot devs could have done something more productive with their time, and that this new system brings more interruptions and possibly more disappointment to my already busy wurm daily schedule.

Edited by irobotnik8

It isn't about being easy mode.  We might prefer doing something else.  Everyone will not wish to spend even more time on a freaking chore that will now be required to compete.  This is NOT the defination of a sandbox.

• Like 2

Just now, Pashka said:

It isn't about being easy mode.  We might prefer doing something else.  Everyone will not wish to spend even more time on a freaking chore that will now be required to compete.  This is NOT the defination of a sandbox.

No one is required to do anything, You can still refresh. You can still eat a potato off the ground. 

2 hours ago, lolmaster said:

When can we expect the ability to change from path of love to any other path?

Right.  I want to go back to Insanity now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pashka said:

You're right, it's not the definition of a sandbox, but Wurm Online was never a pure sandbox to begin with. Otherwise, we wouldn't have skills, and everyone would just be able to do everything. Essentially, it would be Minecraft.

1 minute ago, NeeNee said:

No one is required to do anything, You can still refresh. You can still eat a potato off the ground. 

Right, but one of those two things has been needlessly nerfed into uselessness. That's the problem.

Edited by irobotnik8

i think i said it on the first or second page

what the hell, why make this so complex and annoying? cooking just needed depth not some over the top system that makes things wayyyy more difficult than it should be.  

It looks like instead of buffing or nerfing meditation paths, they just need a complete rework with how things are handled.