Sign in to follow this  

It's also pretty likely that we'll have access to recipes for food that is preserved in some manner and lasts longer, since that's one of the top concerns players have had with food for a long time. It would be a bit silly for the devs not to address that in some way.

• Like 3

Just now, Ostentatio said:

It would be a bit silly for the devs not to address that in some way.

oh sweet summer child

• Like 4

Just now, Ostentatio said:

It's also pretty likely that we'll have access to recipes for food that is preserved in some manner and lasts longer, since that's one of the top concerns players have had with food for a long time. It would be a bit silly for the devs not to address that in some way.

To be honest, I'm expecting something like a 10% bonus for 10 seconds tops at 99ql with a 1% chance to make anything above 50ql. It seems about on-par with the level of bad ideas the dev team has on a regular basis.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

yes but it will give you cancer and high blood pressure from the salt and preservatives

• Like 4

I would really like some actual explanation on nutrition itself in the new system.

What happens if you are already 90+ nutrition from meals and then sac a rare? does it wipe out your existing nutrition?

Does it work as before and you need really really high quality meals to get to a decent nutrition level?

or something else not yet explained?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cecci said:

I stopped reading at the (by me) feared change to PoL.

Buddas server settings spills over to WO, how will PoL be compensated for the loss of one of the two useful things that comes with the path?

Maybe in a same way as POI was compensated: free path change. GG.

I hate cooking! Lets say it, if you are a working person that has some other real life going, you realise if you play this one hour in the evening: This game is slow. I takes a loooot of time to do the things you like. And now I shall use this precious time i have to tend fields and cook? I simply dont want to! I dont want to go hunting for meat, i go hunting when I have fun with it, i dont want to neeeeed to make fields on my deeds and have to pay more upkeep because i need the space for them. (Ok, I have the space but people that hold an 1 silver upkeep deed and have maybe some animal pens and a mine on it will need to expand these probably for their fields if they really need to skill farming for cooking now).

So i only can go forward with my meditation skill and this is no joy eigher. 

As I understand Rolfs comment, 50% nutrition will have more skillgain level than it had before, right? But we still have to eat more often, because 50% means you get a lot faster hungry than with 99%. So our refresh will not hold as long as before anymore. 

I must say the PoL nerf has a bad taste but it bugs me even more that my enchanted grass needs a replant so often. Am I the only one realising how often enchanted grass tiles get packed now?  Even if i have one horse without the hungry trait on two tiles enchanted grass.... it gets packed soon. 

Edited by Sirene
  • Like 7

+1

I agree with the changes, except for nerfing the rare sacing because will create an inflation of rares. But all in all i think we'll get more benefits from the new coocking system the we get now from refreshing

Just my opinion

2 minutes ago, Sirene said:

I hate cooking! Lets say it, if you are a working person that has some other real life going, you realise if you play this one hour in the evening: This game is slow. I takes a loooot of time to do the things you like. And now I shall use this precious time i have to tend fields and cook? I simply dont want to! I dont want to go hunting for meat, i go hunting when I have fun with it, i dont want to neeeeed to make fields on my deeds and have to pay more upkeep because i need the space for them. (Ok, I have the space but people that hold an 1 silver upkeep deed and have maybe some animal pens and a mine on it will need to expand these probably for their fields if they really need to skill farming for cooking now).

So i only can go forward with my meditation skill and this is no joy eigher. 

As I understand Rolfs comment, 50% nutrition will have more skillgain level than id had before, right? But we still have to eat more often, because 50% means you get a lot faster hungry than with 99%. So our refresh will not hold as long as before anymore. 

I must say the PoL nerf has a bad taste but it bugs me even more that my enchanted grass needs a replant so often. Am I the only one realising how often enchanted grass tiles get packed now?  Even if i have one horse without the hungry trait on two tiles enchanted grass.... it gets packed soon.

My explanation to people with this kind of concern:

Stop expecting that living like a hermit is the end-all, be-all of Wurm's PvE experience, or is even intended to be that way in the first place. Go live in a village with someone who cooks if you don't want to cook.

Seriously, most of these "but I don't want to bother with these particular in-game systems" is "live with people who do". Stop expecting it to be super easy to live in a one-person village. If community and actual villages are meant to be important to the game, they have to actually mean something on a regular basis, and that might necessitate it being harder to be a hermit.

Edited by Ostentatio
  • Like 3

They let SOTG change after the nerf   Can I change to POK.   Love is screwed.  Not wasting time getting leveled in meditation.  I am bummed by this change.

1 minute ago, Ostentatio said:

Stop expecting that living like a hermit is the end-all, be-all of Wurm's PvE experience, or is even intended to be that way in the first place. Go live in a village with someone who cooks if you don't want to cook.

"This is a game there is only one right way to play it!  Your playing it wrong!" -you

You are everything that is wrong with modern gaming.  Please go to a corner and think about what you have done for the next 30 minutes.

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Refreshing
Of course, many of you know that the Path of Love ability, and the rare item sacrifice refreshing grant instant max nutrition, food, stamina and water. A lot have asked about whether there will be changes to how this current system works, and in short, the answer is yes:

• Refresh will now, most likely, give less than 99% nutrition, but will still fill your food and water bars and your stamina bar when it used to as well.
  • PoL refresh will set you to 50% nutrition when you first get that ability, and will increase by a further 5% for each level after that to a max of 99%. (e.g. Refresh at level 8 gives 50% + 20% (5% for every level above level 4)

Sacrificing:

•  A rare will now set you to 50% nutrition +  half of the QL.
  • A supreme will now set you to 70% nutrition + 30% of the QL.
  • A fantastic will now set you to 90% nutrition + 10% of the QL.
  • Some other ways to get a refresh will now give an extra random amount on top of their base 50%.

BOOOOOOOOOO!!!   :/

• Like 1

I do not agree with nerfing POL or the sac'ing of rares and above.  As someone that has crafted in many games along the way, you do not need to have one system nerf the other system.  The new system can be used to change things up or be used in different circumstances.  There is no reason to take the other out.  As someone that has always LOVED sac'ing supremes for the random skill of chance game.  I will not want to do it ever because it will nerf my nutrition.

I think forcing people to do things is not always the best way.  There should be options.  Good options.  Each option will have it's own benefits.  Nerfing is not generally what will please anyone.

Everyone doesn't want to live in a village and posting in bold makes you look bad not the person you are trying to berate.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

My explanation to people with this kind of speech is:

This game is open for more than one style of gaming and no I dont want to live in a village but I am far away from beeing a hermit. Thank you for your comment.

• Like 8

So instead of adding innovation using the new cooking system, it's is better to nerf something else to make it an innovation, stay classy as always Wurm online.

• Like 3

-90 on this update...

Dont force me to to cook... its a skill that i don't want..

If ya going to put in a a way i can make 100meals in in 8 sec's then ya sure  otherwise nope

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gringal said:

"This is a game there is only one right way to play it!  Your playing it wrong!" -you

You are everything that is wrong with modern gaming.  Please go to a corner and think about what you have done for the next 30 minutes.

t. people complaining that they can't play the game their own one way

Meditation paths other than Insanity and Power need to be buffed, not nerfed.

I feel like the devs really tried to look deep on this one, to figure out what they could add to meals to make them important. And that's great. But you need to stop adding benefits into the game that conflict with and utterly trash other benefits that already exist in the game. The entire idea of food giving you a skill bonus makes no sense at all and I wish you would just do away with it tbh.

Also think with all the food changes you guys should look into toons being able to poop. Been eating for years in the game and my toon hasn't pooped once.

• Like 5

My priest has something over 99.70 HFC, gained over years by cooking for ally, not just grinding a few weeks.

Cooking is a chore the way it is, filling hundreds of pans, with only 2 ingredients!! 2 days later, a lot of my 98ql+ meals have 99 damage on them.

Now imagine doing the same thing, but having to "find out recipes unrevealed from the start" and use 3-5 ingredients for a piece of food which will decay in 2 days anyway .. no, I'm not happy with the way this revamp has been thought.

Cooking is a hard chore the way it is now, turning it into a even harder chore, with more time wasted, will not make Wurm funnier, but will take out the little time left after you're done making repairs on your deed (with that upkeep paid for 30 days only to make no difference on how items decay on deed or off deed, by the way).

It could be a nice and beneficial change IF you had a way to store food for longer times, IF you could cook once a month, maybe, IF you didn't have to spend even more time cooking in Wurm than you spend in real life ..

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Currently 99% nutrition is used as a means of that extra 1% skillgain.

This system will allow high quality meals to give 10% skillgain instead of that (if they are in the 90 nutrition range)

Currently, 99 % nutrition also makes you getting hungry much slower, and not so tied_to_the_need_to_run_to_the_forge / hota_statue_to_eat_every_20_minutes_or_so. For me, at least, this part is more important than the skill gain bonus.

Also useless rares for sacrificing are the way to go when you're on a long trip or out hunting/traveling (because you don't want to carry a frying pan in your backpack, or to take your personal cook with you).

Raising PoL levels for better nutrition? yunno, currently, a 5ql meal, eaten hot, will give you 60 nutrition.

1 hour ago, MaurizioAM said:

For those of you complaining about POL now being useless... It still allows you to get high nutrition AS YOU CONTINUE TO GAIN PATHS so at lvl 4 you dont just have 99% and not have to raise anymore skills. How many of you have a non prem alt you use only to give yourself 99% nutrition? 

Are you aware of the fact a non-premium character can refresh himself and only himself while non-premium?

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Chon said:

Also think with all the food changes you guys should look into toons being able to poop. Been eating for years in the game and my toon hasn't pooped once.

it comes out your mouth here on the forums :P:wub:

OOHH GOT HIM

• Like 3

Find out recipes.  They aren't going to give them to us? Now that will be hilarous.  Banned for using an exploited recipe that noone even knew what it was before they picked the wrong ingredients.

Hilarous!

• Like 3