Sign in to follow this  

When can we expect the ability to change from path of love to any other path?

• Like 3

I'm okay with this whole rehaul if a single very basic and fundamental change occurs.

LONGER DECAY FOR MEALS.

its a pain in the ass making meals daily.

Even with freekin magical chests its still a pain in the ass.

A meal shouldnt be useless overnight, thats ######.

With the changes proposed we are forced to rely pretty much solely on meals and in that case you gotta adress the annoyance with contineously making them due to instant decay.

Also i sure as heck hope ya devs wont suddenly dedicate all the damn art teams effort into making stupid seen-once-a-year meals. (there is absolutely 0 instances where meals are randomly on the ground and seen rendered!)

Like seriously. I truly hope ya got the brains to understand what a waste of time it would be to make all the models that will never be seen.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 9

The PoL nerf is frustrating to me, especially since skillgain gets more challenging after level 20.  I'm a single mother who works from home, and I can't be ignoring my kid or my work to bounce in and out of Wurm in the hopes of gaining a tenth of a skill tick per meditation. Refresh made it worth it, but now, not so much.

Edited by LadyCygnet
  • Like 8

19 minutes ago, NeeNee said:

I love it. I'm so glad cooking is going to be more useful and less a means to an end. I hope we'll be able to mail this new food?

Ohh, Wurm takeout!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Currently 99% nutrition is used as a means of that extra 1% skillgain.

This system will allow high quality meals to give 10% skillgain instead of that (if they are in the 90 nutrition range)

What will mediocre ql meals give % wise for skill gain... And how long do these skill gain % last? 

Its been a long time coming to have an update like this. Although i really dont care for things like cooking but i will if there are indeed more benefits from doing so. 

One more important question is how is the preservation going to be changed. Currently if you are a new player and you make a pretty crappy meal with things you forage they normally have no where to store it and it goes to waste and they have to start the process all over again. What is going to be done about that?

And for the love of god people take a step back and think before you make comments...

Jake have you ever worked outside in the sun on a hot day digging for hours on end? I have and i can tell you i have drank more fluids that day then all the days i have had to drink in wurm.

For those of you complaining about POL now being useless... It still allows you to get high nutrition AS YOU CONTINUE TO GAIN PATHS so at lvl 4 you dont just have 99% and not have to raise anymore skills. How many of you have a non prem alt you use only to give yourself 99% nutrition?  

As for the rares sacing being changed on how it affects nutrition im on the fence about that. It will indeed kill any worth for the lower ql items. There may need to be more thought into this if you remove the only good ability for lower ql rares they will indeed be just junk. Maybe replace the nerf with something somewhat useful for it?

And 1 last thing... Med path changes need to be across the board not just the ones that have changes being made to them.

• Like 2

As someone who has seen PoL horribly nerfed since the time he joined (enchanted trees losing their uncuttableness, enchanted grass tiles now decaying) I can't say I like these changes much.  The trouble is that what players like doesn't always make a better game and this really was needed.  Hopefully the devs will take other broken systems (say magic) and show the same level of wisdom in fixing them.

For now lets just hope the devs show some common sense and make ALL players able to cook EVERY kind of food.  None of this "oh priests can't make this" kind of rubbish.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, LadyCygnet said:

The PoL nerf is frustrating to me, especially since skillgain gets more challenging after level 20.  I'm a single mother who works from home, and I can't be ignoring my kid or my work to bounce in and out of Wurm in the hopes of gaining a tenth of a skill tick per meditation. Refresh made it worth it, but now, not so much.

What about having 10% skill gain vs the 1% you get now makes you have to spend more time trying to get med ticks? At this point you can change your lvl 4 path to knowledge and benefit a bit from get info and possibly eat a mid ql meal and have higher % of skill gain.

need to allow priests to build and use catas thanks

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 3

I'm kinda getting the feeling that they are purposely making this game so miserable to play that People will quit playing it and just buy the WU so they can set their own limits. :(  

• Like 8

Seriously??? More nerfing? Beginning to wonder why I bothered to return.  

• Like 8

What I expected:

Ohhh! lots of new food types with additional buffs to various skills so that you perfect your diet and optimize your grind if desired!

Reality:

Oh they nerfed everything so people are forced to use the new food system that is more of a chore than the past... okay... >_>

People would probably be much happier if:

PoL did 80% nut and 1% per level

Rares giving 70+(QL/10) nut (), Supreme 90+(QL/10), fantastic always 100%. (supremes and fantastics arent THAT common, its rares that is everywhere)

Just sayin.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 3

I don't understand why the sacrificing and refreshing needs nerfing?  This seems to make path of love worse not better.  And what is the point of crap rares now?

• Like 4

So... What would I have to cook to get a 10% bonus towards meditation?  Because getting to 14 PoL is now mandatory -_-

In all seriousness, I hate the changes but they are needed.  Refresh made food almost pointless and I can honestly say I eat about 3-4 times per RL year on wurm thanks to it.

Then again we could REALLY use a buff to enchant on trees/bushes, maybe double harvest yield eh eh?

• Like 4

Refresh will now, most likely, give less than 99% nutrition, but will still fill your food and water bars and your stamina bar when it used to as well.   

what waste of path of love time we spend...   nerf grass nerf refresh nerf everything

• Like 3

I support the change, kind of.  Nerfs to rares and PoL a bit harsh and need to be backed off a little.  However, you should be able to get more benefit from eating real food than a rare rock shard--that just never made any sense to start with. PoL refresh should start a bit higher, say 70%.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Let us know what you think of the changes and what you'll cook first thing!

Here is what I think about the new cooking system. It should be totally optional and not include any nerfs to the current cooking system; however, this is not the case because as usual with some more intricate system introduced the policy has been that it must reduce the benefits of the current system to make it more desirable to use. Unfortunately otherwise these new "improvements" can not stand upon their own merits to encourage others to use them.

As for me I have no interest in spending any time using this new cooking system. I want to continue as usual by dropping 2 items into a frying pan to create a meal with the same nutritional results. Hopefully this will be possible since I view cooking as a necessity to maintain a nutrition level that maintains stamina so that I can spend my time doing all the other things that the game has to offer. Sure, give some *additional* perks to others who wish to use this new cooking system but don't in the process reduce the current benefits of cooking to those who have no interest in the new.

=Ayes=

• Like 9

1 hour ago, MrGARY said:

why

i dont want to cook in choresonline, and most of these are flat out nerf or render meditation skillbased abilities utterly pointless.......................................

because there's literally no reason to cook unless those are nerfed

I like these sort of updates. We need more of these. Too many things are simply pointless to do with saccing rares instead of actually cooking for nutrition being a perfect exam[lple.

• Like 1

Just now, Elktazahjr said:

because there's literally no reason to cook unless those are nerfed

I like these sort of updates. We need more of these. Too many things are simply pointless to do with saccing rares instead of actually cooking for nutrition being a perfect exam[lple.

You try keeping a group of 6-10 players fed on just rares

Just now, irobotnik8 said:

You try keeping a group of 6-10 players fed on just rares

whats your point? I wasn't talking specifically about a group of people. And in that case this nerf should be even less of a problem.

What I see in this thread:

Tons of people complaining that now they might have to eat in order to eat (instead of abusing a completely absurd refresh system).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Elktazahjr said:

whats your point? I wasn't talking specifically about a group of people. And in that case this nerf should be even less of a problem.

having to cook twice a day is not a good thing

Rare sacraficing and refresh change.....

I LIVE OFF RARE ROCKS, STOP STEALING MY LIFE

you stole my 60% body resistance now you take me food

• Like 3