Sign in to follow this  
Evening

Different types of rugs/carpets

I was building a house, and I found out I do not have much of a choice to cover floors in the bathroom/kitchen, other than traditional rugs/carpets used pretty much everywhere.

We have some resources without much use right now, like reed or kelp, which could make nice floor decorations.

Spoiler

bat_idyll_swa_603_zoom.jpg

1D41EF80-9B14-404A-8DB9-48F98EBF0CE2.jpg

7445b98e35e6d18bf620c1374817fcfe.jpg

And to expand the idea, some blankets for beds, made from either wool, cotton or a combination of them, maybe? Regular beds can only be dyed as a whole, and don't look awesome nice, so a blanket on them ("used" on a bed to cover it, since we cannot place objects on top of other objects yet) would make them look way better.

Spoiler

bedcovers-250x250.jpg

horten-3ft-single-bedframe-5144-p.jpg

Gary%2BSingle%2BBed.jpg

Edit: pics a little too modern, but added them only to illustrate the idea :P

• Like 2

I would like new rugs, but think the square ones illustrated are simply more of the same. We haven't got any round ones yet, and in certain situations, round rugs fit the space better!

Ooh, could make linoleum-looking paving (slabs?) out of kelp - that'd be pretty cool, and not too rough on Saroman.  Nicer beds would be neat, even if just a few options (e.g. plain, wool blanket, cotton blanket).

who wants linoleum floors

everybody wants linoleum floors

i want some linoleum floors

you want some linoleum floors

tiles... parquet! Hardwood? ok!

On 04/09/2016 at 4:58 PM, bramsky said:

who wants linoleum floors

everybody wants linoleum floors

i want some linoleum floors

you want some linoleum floors

tiles... parquet! Hardwood? ok!

If we're going hardwood, I'd love to see different wood textures for them!

Linoleum? Um.. if you mean the wood/plank texture - we kind of have that with wooden floors, maybe an option to make them fancier/sparkly-rich-mansion kind.. for the checked/tiled version - I'd say No... seems odd to be in wurm imo. 

+1 for reed, kelp, wool rugs, blankets for beds could be no-decay-item put in the beds(turned into containers, taking just the blanket to change texture) or.. activate the blanket, right click the bed and use... to turn the bed into the new item(with different texture)

In general +1 for more rugs, that will give CT skilled players more options to create decorations, adding gobelins maybe? will be nice to see a floor/wall decoration and for the wall versions.. some without a frame if that's not too much to ask for. (sure we could snuck a.. trellis indoors.. but it's not like a CT item)

Edited by Finnn