Sign in to follow this  

Simple and useful, just a place to hitch animals like we already do on carts, but they'll be facing the object instead of facing away from it.
I suggest 2 designs: a simple pole for just one or two horses, and a wide one for several animals
Like this
example
'Cause fenced areas may not be what you wanted your deed to look like, and you can also put those in front of buildings to make like taverns
Please support the idea to make this happen B)

Edited by Mosquete
  • Like 10

Dope idea, +1

Seems easy to implement, easy to model, gives us more decoration options and makes people happy....just do it!

Also trees and fences for that quickie hitch; though, not as secure and the rope would have worse decay.

• Like 3

simple, plant a shaft into the dirt. (no ownership allowed) and then use a rope to tie an animal to it.  The animal can be untied by anyone assuming deed rules permit.  And they will try to pull free if they have no food.  (lastly, a rope should be consumed and resupplied when hitching or removing an animal respectively.

Edited by Tallios
  • Like 1

Hitching poles! yay. More functionality to already existing items? I like it.

+1

As long as the rope decays, and the ground/grass still gets eaten and packed over time, +1

• Like 2

Please let the horse be able to walk around onto more than one tile when they're hitched.

walking around doesn't matter -- it would be intended to be very temporary, so horse wouldn't need to move. Agreed -- rope should definitely decay (due to weather and being pulled on) and grass should pack as normal.

+1 WU has a hitching pole mod that lets you hitch 3 animals to a pole, it works great. Maybe the WO team could implement that here.

I like this idea as well. I think it would be useful for inns and travelers.

+1 Come on This has to be something easy to add.  

I love this idea, and it flows nicely with all the horse, hell horse, and unicorn art updates as of late. +1

• Like 1

this is a good one and seems easy to implement... +1

One week later: "Please help, somebody hitched all animals in my steppe to poles!!1"

+1 tho

• Like 1

+1 Ive seen this idea several times in the past, and I always think its a great one.

10 hours ago, zigozag said:

One week later: "Please help, somebody hitched all animals in my steppe to poles!!1"

+1 tho

Easily remedied: add permissions to who is allowed to hitch.