Sign in to follow this  
Psalamon

Vesseling,, what am i doing wrong...?!!?!?

So the story goes kinda like this.. i have reached 47 faith and 27 channeling and for the life of me i can''t vessel a gem and the only reason i mention is this is becasue i got a shiiite load of gems and am i told thats the best way to level channeling once you reach this state.. can anybody tell me why i can't for the life of me vessel a gem evrytime i try whether it be at 30 favour or 7.5 or 20 or 25 or 30 or 45 on a gem over 10ql under 10 ql or even with 10ql i always get a message saying failed to channel vessel...whats up with that?? i know its difficult at 70 i belive but i ahve tried with chain on with chaon off naked, with cloth on and every combination in between... is there something i am missing about this.. please enlighten me... thanks in advance for any comments.. />salamon

27 is a bit early.  Vessel is a very hard spell.  You might get alot of skill if you are successful but it isn't going to be the best use of your time at 27 channeling.  Most do not start using that spell until closer to 50.

~35 channeling is the earliest I would do vessel.

• Like 1

Difficulty: 70

Your skills is 43(!) below that. Don't expect anything to work out right. Compare it to imping something at 70ql with a skill of 30. Try any other spell with that high difficulty, you won't get different results.

* What armor you're wearing affects favor regen rate and nothing else.

* What favor amount you have has no bearing (beyond the favor needed to cast a spell) on anything.

* I'm not sure if the gem's quality affects casting success in some way.

Lots of failures because your skill is too low. If you really must do vessel at that skill level I'd stick with <10ql gems. To use >10ql gems you really need to be able to start a cast around 7.5 and have it succeed on the first couple casts;  '@7.5 cast, succeed at around 9 favor which drops favor to 0, IMMEDIATELY absorb gem, wait for about 7.5 favor and repeat.

That middle point where opulence is too easy and vessel is too hard can be annoying because the other spells use so much favor.

Cast your low favor, low difficulty spells.

No idea what god u follow so cant till u specifics, so they could be, bless, obulance, light token, morning fog, etc.

Switch to vessel when u think the channeling gai  would be more efficient.

ahh thanks wasnt sure how the difficulty of the spell was compared to the channeling levbel and so on no wonder i am failing.. i read somewhere i thought that now was time to start veseling but alas i am wrong. thanks for the clarification.. although i had a 20 ql leather jacket and did an 84 aosp on it todaY LOTS O SKILL..

5 hours ago, joedobo said:

* What armor you're wearing affects favor regen rate and nothing else.

the game itself shows in its effects area of ui that chain armour has a 15 penalty to casting and archery and cloth or naked gives a 30 bonus to casting or archery unless the effects are lying..