Sign in to follow this  
Tallios

Call a guard, Guard Death and other things.

Just a useful quality of life thing.  

Calling a Guard  (This is not a "Help" call)

-I would like via the usage of the "Call" emote, to be able to summon the targeted guard to my location.  And have him flagged as non-patrol for like 30 - 60 seconds to allow for arming, and healing as appropriate.   Or even protection in a hostile area.  However anyone calling "Help" would override this, but perhaps as a "Last to go" option?

Guard Death

- I would like to request that guards stop "dropping dead" where ever they happen to be.  As a deed owner, I would like to project a little more control over Guards that I sponsor by giving them armor and equipment.  So I would like to ask that when a guard is flagged for "death" instead of dying instantly where ever they happen to stand.  Have them head back to their tower and stand down.  Maybe even "Salute" and drop all their equipment on the tower tile?

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Edited by Tallios

1 hour ago, Soil said:

I thank you for taking the time to at least annotate something.  Could you give a reason for your dislike?

Guards need an overhaul in general imho, especially in regards to equipping them. The suicide rate is godawful, granted it helps certain problems.

Their pathfinding still sucks, so tg get stuck underground constantly. Deed guards kind of get around this.

Atm anyone from the same kd can mess with their gear, so its rarely been used on pvp servers where alt kingdom chars are easy to make.

Instead of just claiming ownership of a guard tower, I'd like a system where I could set up a barracks on deed. Then recruit, train and arm guards who live in it and defend my deed.

Something more detailed and organic to the setting, with more control, than disposable tower guards or magic ghosts.

Edit: PvE perspective. I understand in PvP they have more purpose than throwing themselves at the wildlife.

Edited by Darmalus
  • Like 1

Human npc breeding... perhaps even with player chars.

There actually was some work on this being done, and some creepy child models that resulted.

Not to mention related bugs where player chars could breed with zombies... fun times.

I wasn't thinking so much about breeding as a special "NPC want ad" and the NPC just shows up and hangs out at your deed token. Then you can decide if their demands are worth their services "Hello, Darmalus. I will lend my fighting skills to defend your deed. But in return I want 3 meals per Wurm day and a down payment of a decent ruby and 2 wemp plants of any quality. A shovel is my prefered weapon and refuse any armor. What say you?"

• Like 3

Tower guards serve to the King, but Templars could use this.

Edited by zigozag

14 hours ago, Darmalus said:

Instead of just claiming ownership of a guard tower, I'd like a system where I could set up a barracks on deed. Then recruit, train and arm guards who live in it and defend my deed.

Something more detailed and organic to the setting, with more control, than disposable tower guards or magic ghosts.

Edit: PvE perspective. I understand in PvP they have more purpose than throwing themselves at the wildlife.

I completely agree with this notion, I would love to see a more organic system of hiring, feeding, arming, and training NPC guards for deeds especially, and quite possibly tower guards that are on deed.  I would simply add that a tower on deed would be considered "sponsered" by the deed.  Which would allow for the mayor and citizens the ability to donate materials to improve the utility of the garrison, and quality and quantity of the troops there.