Sign in to follow this  
zigozag

Loadable altars

We've just got the ability to push them all around the map and although pulling them everywhere with you would need an army of alts, it's already possible off-deed, let alone deeded land where you can have the same altar near you constantly. So why not allow us to load them on vehicles and use without unloading? They'd have to give no domain, but that's perfectly fine. What do you think?

Edit: Forbidding unloading them in existing domain of different god would make sense as well.

Edited by zigozag
  • Like 1

These exist in game actually and are quite rare. Contact hemrzz as he used to know where some were located

Edited by Postinglels

Just now, Postinglels said:

These exist in game actually and are quite rare. Contact hemrzz 

They got fixed recently, afaik from a GM.

Gm's are not infallible nor are members of the dev team. Still seeing as some exist i have no issue with giving this suggestion my +1. Just require that only the creator can load like lmc's

Edited by Postinglels
  • Like 1

Since I sold all my priests I want to get rid of my rare altars. +1 from me

Heh, recall a time when blessed metal altars could be carried after exploiting... and reporting certain players for abusing them in pvp. :P

Personally altars should be loadable, especially when they are un-blessed. Should also be a way to un-bless them, maybe using the exorcism skill in some manner.

Of course the usual permissions within the existing system.

On 8/27/2016 at 5:43 AM, zigozag said:

They got fixed recently, afaik from a GM.

They were fixed so they are no longer usable unless it's on the ground, but are still loadable or can be picked up.

4 hours ago, Shrimpiie said:

They were fixed so they are no longer usable unless it's on the ground, but are still loadable or can be picked up.

shouldn't you be removing those from the game just like you folks removed the double enchant weapons? Or is the picking and choosing continuing?

:huh:

can't comment on the stupid above me

Edited by Mclovin
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TradingAlt said:

shouldn't you be removing those from the game just like you folks removed the double enchant weapons? Or is the picking and choosing continuing?

I agree they should be removed unless all altars are loadable, but I don't see the comparison?  The altars can't be used like altars unless they're on the ground.  It would be like saying the double enchant weapons can't be used as a weapon unless one of the bugged enchants is dispelled

53 minutes ago, MrGARY said:

I agree they should be removed unless all altars are loadable, but I don't see the comparison?  The altars can't be used like altars unless they're on the ground.  It would be like saying the double enchant weapons can't be used as a weapon unless one of the bugged enchants is dispelled

the point is, they've already set a precedent that bugged items get removed.

As long as it remains unusable when loaded and something is done to stop instant faith zones. +1

+1

the little benefits to pvp really are not that bad, make it happen capt'n

3 hours ago, MrGARY said:

how i see this its rather that they were fixed by being made unusable instead of simply removing them how they did with other bugged items, rifts, double enchanted weps to just mention the most well known ones. seems like some half-arsed policy, but thats just me.

as for loadable altars, hm, dont see too much against it, just give it a proper delay for deity influence, so they cant be popped out and instantly give maxed deity bonuses for people.

There is a cart on the north end of chaos with a altar in it, truly this should be removed from the game for the exact same reason fountain pans are being removed. They do no more or no less than a fountain pan, but fountain pans were deemed created by a bug, which they were and so will be removed from the game, this same logic should be applied to these silly altars.

3 hours ago, necroe said:

As long as it remains unusable when loaded and something is done to stop instant faith zones. +1

My point was exactly the opposite - mobile sacrificing stations (without domains, yes).

On 8/28/2016 at 9:37 PM, zigozag said:

My point was exactly the opposite - mobile sacrificing stations (without domains, yes).

Well then -1 would not like to see usable alters in carts and boats. One thing if its unloaded but not while inside.