Sign in to follow this  
Marlon

Inter-server NPC travel aids

Not asking for magic here, or summon stones... but a slightly less drab way of travelling. People are rejecting business because of it, neglecting deeds, etc.

Just a simple, non instant, but versatile NPC controlled (scheduled every 6 hours or something) air or sea based vehicle that operates like a train.

You get there in time, get on the right one, and it auto pilots up to 10 people to the next stop. Sailing is almost a joke, and so is the wind and the fact that I only had enough karma for one town portal summon after 4+ years of playing :P

Use it, don't use it *shrug*

Personally I would like to notion of some kind of "public transit".  Maybe, dare I say it could be community built?  Not run by players, but run by NPC's that are given donations of horses, horse shoes, wagons, etc?  Same thing with boats and ships.  Maybe the players need to make a ferry dock, specifically for the ferry?

Something like this between starter deeds might not be such a bad thing, especially if only people (and not animals/carts) etc can travel since it wouldn't replace roads that way.

5 minutes ago, Etherdrifter said:

Something like this between starter deeds might not be such a bad thing, especially if only people (and not animals/carts) etc can travel since it wouldn't replace roads that way.

I think the only acceptable way would be that you "ride" in a cart, not command, and it's only what you carry personally.

Personally, I would like to see it involve some form of community work and maintenance to upkeep.  This way it's not a gimmie, it's a community supported transport.