Sign in to follow this  
Zera

Modifying Trader(s)/Npc(s)

So it took me a while to understand how to enable the ability to use Trader Contracts, then it took me a little longer to realize I didn't need to do this just to place a Trader in my Dedicated Server's world.

What I'm struggling with now, is editing the inventory of my Trader. I'm sure it can be done, to allow a customization of what the Trader will initially sell or not sell.

I figured out that I can 'Give' an item to my Trader, but not how to remove or alter the existing items on my Trader.

Also as a side question, how do you rotate NPCs? I cannot for the life of me figure out how to rotate my Bartender!

You might want a merchant instead!

A merchant will sell only items you trade to it, and for the prices you set. Traders sell specific items and also buy items from other players (if they have the coin)

To answer your other question, you can't rotate NPC's, they will automatically turn to face whoever trades them

1 minute ago, Retrograde said:

You might want a merchant instead!

A merchant will sell only items you trade to it, and for the prices you set. Traders sell specific items and also buy items from other players (if they have the coin)

To answer your other question, you can't rotate NPC's, they will automatically turn to face whoever trades them

So there is no way to customize Traders in Wurm Unlimited?

1 minute ago, Zera said:

So there is no way to customize Traders in Wurm Unlimited?

Only by a mod or directly altering the code

3 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

Only by a mod or directly altering the code

Well that's a shame, I was hoping for a Trader concept but to also allow specifying what the Trader did or did not offer to start with. :(