Sign in to follow this  
Postinglels

Remove karma porting to a deed thats under attack for 8 hours

Simple enough premise really. This is to encourage the use of proper infrastructure  and deed access on the part of the defenders who hold far more advantages atm than attackers. 

Now what constitutes an attack? That would be a deed alarm set off by a 70fs plus account ( surely some check can be written into the code) and this will block teleports for 8 hours. Low fs alts and mobs shouldnt block teleports.

Others can elaborate on this perhaps in a constructive fashion

Edited by Postinglels
  • Like 4

i just think something should be done to discourage capping a tower on the other side of the map and dropping a deed with nothing connecting it to your land, removing the ability to port in to defend something you never prepared to take strategically would help a lot.

i know something like this is already in the pipeline by Buddha, would be cool if it came in sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Well. This is more for farming up ideas seeing as the response from on high has always been no, so far as nerfing twitter is concerned

Is not the karma used up a sufficient limitation?

If its still an issue perhaps upping the amount of karma burned...

The Spice Must Flow!

Building bell towers helps boost the range.

3 hours ago, Propheteer said:

i just think something should be done to discourage capping a tower on the other side of the map and dropping a deed with nothing connecting it to your land, removing the ability to port in to defend something you never prepared to take strategically would help a lot.

i know something like this is already in the pipeline by Buddha, would be cool if it came in sooner rather than later.

Maybe something like requiring more minimum upkeep the further it is from the capital? Default/no change within 500/1k tiles, but after that extra required per a function of tiles? Or a limited amount of deeds per kingdom? These are probably dumb ideas but whatever.

More reasonable would probably be to limit WHAT twitter sends out, I see no reasonable need for it to tweet out every time someone raises the alarm. Maybe tweet when deeds get drained? Or all guards are killed? Key point being limiting what's available to people not actively playing the game.

• Like 4

P easy to exploit this, just run an alt to the border every 7 hours and they're good.

I kinda think it's gotta be either all or nothing, remove it fully or leave it be, as cancerous as it is it'll be exploited by alts probably like everything else.

maybe some time limit, like enemies on deed for an hour blocks it from there on, idk, im not a scientist 

This is an unnecessary thing imo, just add a timer after joining before you can port. If its the deed you live in then I don't see why you cant have the right to port in at any time. If you are a villager of some random wardeed in anticipation well then too bad if your home is being raided.

• Like 2

70+fs players triggering deeds block teleporting for 30min (re-appliable). Draining a deed blocks teleporting untill the drain-increase cycle ends.

Encourages the use of proper deeds and infrastructure yet simple and prevents alt abuse since the non-drain timer is short.

Edited by Zekezor
  • Like 1

-1 stop making suggestion threads to push personal agendas.

All these suggestions just support zerg gameplay where 30+ people can sit on a deed and stop people from defending.

For any counter arguments about infrastructure: it takes 3 to wall off a door/minedoor and 20 minutes to cross the map. 

Karma/recall home promote pvp by putting players in the same local.

24 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

-1 stop making suggestion threads to push personal agendas.

Karma/recall home promote pvp by putting players in the same local.

Actually this comes from a Kingdom that as you say, gets raided the most. So this update hurts us but promotes pvp, we +1 this.
Also, coming from a JK-Epic player, I also support this, my kingdom on elevation does no raiding and only defends.

Putting players into the same local does not support pvp when the person porting goes into instant saftey..
Forcing enemies to run past those people in the deeds local to GET TO THE DEEd, supports pvp.

-1 your reply, stop pushing back real changes that promote pvp to defend your own agenda of deed sitting.

Also -1 your infrastructure, I can get to any deed on Epic without being in an enemies local [im underground if I am]
And they have no way to stop me, 3 walls or 110.

Edited by Mclovin

5 minutes ago, Mclovin said:

Actually this comes from a Kingdom that as you say, gets raided the most. So this update hurts us but promotes pvp, we +1 this.
Also, coming from a JK-Epic player, I also support this, my kingdom on elevation does no raiding and only defends.

Putting players into the same local does not support pvp.
Forcing enemies to run past those people in the deeds local to GET TO THE DEEd, supports pvp.

-1 your reply, stop pushing back real changes that promote pvp to defend your own agenda of deed sitting.

Also -1 your infrastructure, I can get to any deed on Epic without being in an enemies local [im underground if I am]

run past them into what? lol if every entrance is walled off, how do you expect 10 to participate vs 30, if they can't even get into their deed.

Did you not think this out in your head?

3 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

run past them into what? lol if every entrance is walled off, how do you expect 10 to participate vs 30, if they can't even get into their deed.

Did you not think this out in your head?

they have to fight if they want it, if they don't have active defenders in the area, then they don't have the population or the infastructure needed to control the land like how it used to be.

Edited by Propheteer

Just now, Propheteer said:

they have to fight if they want it, if they don't have active defenders in the area, then they don't have the population to control the land like how it used to be.

so because on an off night team A can field 30 people and team B can only field 10 when its usually even numbers for both sides.

Therefore you are saying Team A gets the right, to completely wreck team B's deed with no opposition?

hello?

2 minutes ago, TradingAlt said:

so because on an off night team A can field 30 people and team B can only field 10 when its usually even numbers for both sides.

Therefore you are saying Team A gets the right, to completely wreck team B's deed with no opposition?

hello?

yes, youll also notice there were much more deathtabs of both sides back in the day because people actually had to get to their deeds, not conquer a tower, drop a deed, connect it to nothing, and beam in after an alt checks local when someone pops the alarm.

i don't consider watching someone stand 1 tile from a gatehouse pvp, but i do consider a brawl between people trying to get into the deed pvp.

lets also not pretend here that a certain kingdom who benefits from the current mechanic also has an overwhelmingly large population.

Edited by Propheteer

Just now, TradingAlt said:

hello?

Fight it or lose the deed. Promotes proper villages and not this bad war deed meta. And to answer your question about getting into the deed when it's under attack and walled of is to fight through the enemy. You never played when it wasn't part of the game I guess so you don't actually understand it helped promote pvp as more open ground and having to fight to defend you deed instead of just porting in magically across the map in a click of the button.

1 minute ago, Propheteer said:

yes, youll also notice there were much more deathtabs of both sides back in the day because people actually had to get to their deeds, not conquer a tower, drop a deed, connect it to nothing, and beam in after an alt checks local when someone pops the alarm.

ok so your argument is pertaining to a completely different system.

unfortunately that's not how things work in today's wurm.

ok so your argument is pertaining to a completely different system.

unfortunately that's not how things work in today's wurm.

thats why we made the suggestion, so it gets back to the days when pvp was more common

• Like 1

Just now, Propheteer said:

thats why we made the suggestion, so it gets back to the days when pvp was more common

No your suggestion is to remove karma porting, what you are saying is you want tower chaining to come back.

No your suggestion is to remove karma porting, what you are saying is you want tower chaining to come back.

He never said that in any way. He was claiming how broken it is to allow teleporting into a deed connected to nothing when all you need to do is cap the tower and plant a deed.

7 hours ago, Redd said:

P easy to exploit this, just run an alt to the border every 7 hours and they're good.

only MR has alts around these days

+1