Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Want to Join Rome Republic, Chaos Edition

So not too long ago a player managed to jump through the epic portal and land in chaos still bearing the rome kingdom flag. This person then proceeded to create nifty banners to sell on freedom.

I want to get my alt into this fictional kingdom so I too can reap the profits from selling special banners.

If this was done by a bug or exploit I feel the banners should not exist on chaos or freedom, there is no other incident where this has happened before, that I am aware of.

This is no different than removing fountain pans from the game, or those fancy casted weapons for that matter, as those items were created due to a bug and were thus removed do to being a bugged item.

• Like 8

The items are on the market, so it is already being discussed I am sure, but more than likely the majority of the player base does not know that these items should not exist on freedom. This is for a epic kingdom and items can not be transferred from epic, and items such as banners should not be able to be created on the freedom isles cluster.

the banners that exist weren't made from that exploit, and that exploit was fixed almost on the spot.

sorry bud, if you wanted some of my kingdoms banners you shouldve bought/stole/borrowed/gained some abralon ones like myself, like Felinas, or like dingo.

also, i'm not sure if you would be able to get into rome, i know when we founded it we were pretty picky on who we let in.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

the banners that exist weren't made from that exploit, and that exploit was fixed almost on the spot.

sorry bud, if you wanted some of my kingdoms banners you shouldve bought/stole/borrowed/gained some abralon ones like myself, like Felinas, or like dingo.

also, i'm not sure if you would be able to get into rome, i know when we founded it we were pretty picky on who we let in.

Well how can they exist on freedom, there has never been a kingdom named roman here ever.

Sounds like if it was a bug, they need to go the same way the fountain pans and double duty weapons.

27 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Well how can they exist on freedom, there has never been a kingdom named roman here ever.

Sounds like if it was a bug, they need to go the same way the fountain pans and double duty weapons.

Ok let me try to explain this:

So, there are something like PMK slots or whatever the hell you want to call them, i'll list a few for this example below:

MRC = PMK #1

JKC = PMK #2

Abralon = PMK #3

Ebonaura = PMK #4

Now, back when this happened, each PMK slot was responsible for holding the graphics for that particular kingdom, however, that PMK slot dissapeared and it reverted to template textures until another PMK took that slot, regardless of the server. When we founded RR on Epic, it took Abralon's PMK slot, so all of their existing flags, banners, etc were converted to RR flags, banners, whatever.

This no longer happens because well, it was a bug at the time, that was highly complained about after the Black Legion disband and was promptly fixed shortly after, however, the stuff that was lost from Abralon or PMK's before it was never returned, it had already been changed.

So yeah, the RR banners and flags and stuff that you see here on freedom are truly legacy items, good luck ever obtaining new ones. If you want one ill sell you my flag for 30s. If it bugs you that bad that a cosmetic item needs to be removed and the people who own one banned because you are getting absolutely smashed by that group of people on chaos despite outgearing them and outnumbering them, then, you are just a sad sad person, or a really jealous one.

All i can say is the ones you do see floating around aren't due to an exploit and they were never intentionally made, we just happened to fetch up a good portion of them, but we aren't the only people. A few people in your kingdom have some. The bug where one of our characters took the epic portal and came over to The Landing as an RR member was something that was fixed within literally 3-4 hours because it prevented that player from playing the game as he always spawned inside the landing and was murked by templars on a fresh skilled account.

About this never happening before, you are correct, because before this, no PMK had ever disbanded with another being founded in such a short timeframe, nor had any other PMK been disbanded and not replaced by a same-server PMK.

anyway, toodle-pip, shake the quake shivers. and as madnezz always says "why fix or change anything with wurm? if you dont like it dont play"

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 2

So this is not a RR banner but a PMK banner?

Still does not exist on freedom, can see no difference from this banner to a fountain pan, a legacy item that has a timer ticking down.

1 minute ago, JakeRivers said:

So this is not a RR banner but a PMK banner?

Still does not exist on freedom, can see no difference from this banner to a fountain pan, a legacy item that has a timer ticking down.

Sortve? I mean it obviously is an RR banner, but back then for whatever reason the code was wonky so when we founded our kingdom our graphics replaced all of Abralon's. Since then this was overhauled.

And alright, have fun with that one buddy.

Well it is still not a legacy item as it should not exist on freedom.

Spin it all you want, this is a epic item fit for the epic servers.

If they allow this then I want the countdown removed from my fountain pan, as these both came about by a bug. 

That is my point it makes no sense to remove fountain pans and leave these banners on the server.

All my Mongol banners on Epic turned into empire of mol rehan and I burned them in disgust, that kingdom never existed on Epic.

• Like 9

The GM team is aware of the existence of these items, and how they could have been created.  The Roman Republic as a kingdom does not exist outside of Epic so when a player was reported as this kingdom, it was taken care of.  Regardless of how they were made, we understood the ramifications that not just this but all accounts bugged in non-existing kingdoms may have

These are new to players across Freedom, flashy but also scary.  What's not as scary is when players come across template MR and JK tall kingdom banners and wagons, because those kingdoms existed before Wild was set to Freedom as Chaos and those template kingdoms were removed before both of those items existed.  There is also as stated, new PMKs taking the slots of older PMKs, giving you artwork that shouldn't really be there.  This is where the issue is a tough one, to remove these Roman kingdom items would also require removing all of the other kingdom items that probably don't belong.  As many of you might guess, that would not be very welcome across Freedom

At this time, they are treated the same as those other more familiar items that also are not created under normal circumstances.  That's not to officially state they will stay forever, just that for now assume that regardless of how they may have been created they will remain in the game.  Fountain containers and items with bugged enchants are good examples of items that were in the game for a long time before being removed.

Do note this is not an invitation to find a way to create items that do not belong.  Exploiting is still against the game rules and you may find yourself in trouble which you may regret

If you find yourself or another player in a kingdom that does not belong, the first thing you should do is report it by /support and we will handle it

I'm pretty sure that the explanation by @Propheteeris correct.

Kingdom-related items (like banners) store the kingdom ID in Data1. 0 = MR, 1 = JK, 3 = HOTS, 4 = Freedom and >=5 is PMKs.

The way it used to be is that when a kingdom disbanded it's record was deleted, with the ID being freed and the attached graphics disappearing as a result. When a new kingdom formed it used the first free ID number. Any items that had that kingdom ID attached then started to look like items from the new kingdom.

The way it works now is that kingdoms that disband aren't really deleted, they just become inactive, so their items stay around and there's no ID reuse.

I don't think it can even be called a bug, just weird design choices sprinkled with some RolfCode and Wogic.

I disagree in regards to the jk/mr template items, these kingdoms existed at one time and from time to time I see players logging onto chaos with accounts so old they are still in either of these templates. So in a way the templates of mr/jk do exist still on the freedom cluster. But if they really are not supposed to exist, remove them, they are pretty nasty looking to start with, sorry to whoever the original artist was that made them.

But I do not understand why you would make such a big fuss over fountain containers after leaving them in the game for years, then when a similar situation occurs say they are fine for now, but maybe we will remove them down the road. Seriously this does not make any sense at all. You really need to make up your minds on this stuff, especially if people are foolish to lay out the big coin for these banners, what will they say to you if say 2 years down the road you decide to remove these legacy items same as the fountain containers.

Shame @Jake for having alt Aranarth be the MR kingdom dedicated crafter of Macedon wagons while MR held the crown when the original members wanted it disbanded, and now he's complaining about this?  Maybe Aranarth should be banned for exploiting that situation.

• Like 8

The biggest difference is advantage vs aesthetic:

mary poppins containers/double non-stackable enchants

or

decorative items

And the templates have been flushed several times but there are still bugs that they slip through, any tall banners or wagons only exist through these bugs.

• Like 5

Personally I don't see this a problem. There are certainly bigger issues (especially on PvP servers) that need to be dealt with before some bugged kingdom banners. 

Window of opportunity items such as these often occur, sometimes you're lucky enough to benefit from them, other times you're not. We all know that Rolf/ the dev team doesn't  have any interest in fixing these windows unless they provide utterly catastrophic game breaking bugs. On the scale of windows of opportunity even this still rates on the low end of the scale (When compared to various skill gain windows etc.)

Just my two cents on this topic anyway, I'll leave everyone else to the mindless trolling now :) 

Edited by Emoo
  • Like 3

So are there rr wagons also on freedom cause i think there were some abralon ones? Cause although i am on the enemy kingdom for most rome guys, gotta love those wagon graphics.

4 hours ago, Peacemaker said:

The GM team is aware of the existence of these items, and how they could have been created.  The Roman Republic as a kingdom does not exist outside of Epic so when a player was reported as this kingdom, it was taken care of.  Regardless of how they were made, we understood the ramifications that not just this but all accounts bugged in non-existing kingdoms may have

These are new to players across Freedom, flashy but also scary.  What's not as scary is when players come across template MR and JK tall kingdom banners and wagons, because those kingdoms existed before Wild was set to Freedom as Chaos and those template kingdoms were removed before both of those items existed.  There is also as stated, new PMKs taking the slots of older PMKs, giving you artwork that shouldn't really be there.  This is where the issue is a tough one, to remove these Roman kingdom items would also require removing all of the other kingdom items that probably don't belong.  As many of you might guess, that would not be very welcome across Freedom

At this time, they are treated the same as those other more familiar items that also are not created under normal circumstances.  That's not to officially state they will stay forever, just that for now assume that regardless of how they may have been created they will remain in the game.  Fountain containers and items with bugged enchants are good examples of items that were in the game for a long time before being removed.

Do note this is not an invitation to find a way to create items that do not belong.  Exploiting is still against the game rules and you may find yourself in trouble which you may regret

If you find yourself or another player in a kingdom that does not belong, the first thing you should do is report it by /support and we will handle it

This is incorrect sir. The GM team has already shown they can remove items that aren't supposed to exist. (the removal of the bugged double enchant weapons) These items are bugged as well and should be removed with the exact methods used with the weapons. IE stripping them off of accounts and the game.

If this does not happen this demonstrates severe "picking and choosing" or "bias" because both of these examples are very similar yet there is a different response to each which is unfair to the player base. However if you are OK with acting in this manner, then please notify the remainder of the player base so that they can make decisions on whether or not they are OK with the team acting in this manner.

• Like 2

hey jake, want to see something cool?

27384e2d7e.jpg

i had 2, must have decayed or got lost in the move.. along with a freedom one too

Also, on a more serious note, they're only the same because they were created by an exploit, intentional or not.

But to say these are the same in usability and 'worth'..

Should they be able to do that, no, because like you said it is an exploit.  But to try and lump it together with something that can do insane damage with 1 hit or a backpack that can carry a whole kingdom's gear, a caravel, 2000kgs of dye, and mats to built a new war deed.. that's just.. what?

Edited by Oreo
  • Like 2

Not sure why you're demanding them to be removed? If anything, the only thing that needs to happen is the gfx changing back to Abralon, in which case still retains the unique item value.

The bug is simply one kingdom overwriting another. I am under the understanding kingdom gfx stay ingame even when they disband ?

• Like 1

Everything that needs saying here has been covered.

Pandalet (Assistant Lead Forum Moderator)