Sign in to follow this  
Voxden

Craftable Hand Mirror(also add glass to the game.)

Just an idea I've had since I've seen some players who are unsatisfied with their characters appearance, and from seeing people complain about not being able to trade Silver Hand Mirrors.

I think the solution should be to make a special recipe that produces Golden Hand Mirrors, similar to the silver variant, but with an obviously different material to make it distinguishable from its silver cousin.

before we continue on the subject of the hand mirror: in order to make this logically work, we would need to add glass to the game and to make glass we should just be able to put a small amount of sand into a small container that fits in a forge and let it smelt awhile to make said glass, doing this would also make way for a few new additions that could require glass.

to sum up a small good way that I thought it could boil down to in just 8 easy-to-remember steps: Get Sand, Get Gold, Smelt Sand into Glass, Heat up Gold, Craft Gold Hand Mirror Frame, Combine Frame and Glass, Get a priest to cast "Bless" on the Mirror, Spend a small amount of Karma to change Appearance. this is just a sample of how it COULD be made, but the dev's get the final say.

Not sure how everybody here will view this idea, but I was just giving around a small idea that had been kicking around in my head, I know others probably have mentioned an idea like this in the past, but I, like them, want to see a way to change character appearance. Leave your opinions, feedback is good afterall.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Voxden said:

Just an idea I've had since I've seen some players who are unsatisfied with their characters appearance, and from seeing people complain about not being able to trade Silver Hand Mirrors.

I think the solution should be to make a special recipe that produces Golden Hand Mirrors, similar to the silver variant, but with an obviously different material to make it distinguishable from its silver cousin.

before we continue on the subject of the hand mirror: in order to make this logically work, we would need to add glass to the game and to make glass we should just be able to put a small amount of sand into a small container that fits in a forge and let it smelt awhile to make said glass, doing this would also make way for a few new additions that could require glass.

to sum up a small good way that I thought it could boil down to in just 8 easy-to-remember steps: Get Sand, Get Gold, Smelt Sand into Glass, Heat up Gold, Craft Gold Hand Mirror Frame, Combine Frame and Glass, Get a priest to cast "Bless" on the Mirror, Spend a small amount of Karma to change Appearance. this is just a sample of how it COULD be made, but the dev's get the final say.

Not sure how everybody here will view this idea, but I was just giving around a small idea that had been kicking around in my head, I know others probably have mentioned an idea like this in the past, but I, like them, want to see a way to change character appearance. Leave your opinions, feedback is good afterall.

Good idea. Dont see any reasons why this wouldnt be a good thing. So +1 from me. Also maybe a container for smelting glass inside a furnace instead of forge and it becoming liquid glass which can be molded while being cool cannot be molded.

• Like 1

Good idea.   Jewelcrafting addon, maybe?  Perhaps a mix of blacksmithing as well.  (think dredges... Carp/BS)

This should come after saddle bags for horses, of course.  hint hint

Good idea, I would evne settle if code club added it to their silver store, 5 euro or 10s (something like that) to purchase a hand mirror to your account.

-1 to crafting, but +1 to making extra hand mirrors available. They could be placed on traders

Long time post about adding stained glass windows.

Heat Sand in furnace till it turns to glass ( in a container cauldron ) add metal lump for color, gold, silver, iron, copper, tin.  Oooor add gems to get your colors, Place on open window like a tapestry, Bam stain glass window.  ( made a post about this long time ago )