Sign in to follow this  
Ausimus

Change Chesnut Tree Spawn Behavior

(Mostly a WU suggestion until they decide to re-enable tree collision on WO)

Currently chestnut trees take up an entire tile. I suggest making them spawn the same way as oak and willow, requiring a one tile exclusion zone around them.

Chestnut forests are nearly impossible to traverse due to the fact they take up an entire tile, and if they are side by side, can block a player completely.

Edited by ausimus
  • Like 2

-1  I like the big trees that take up the whole tile so no for me the olive do the same thing too. If you want to make a mod for WU then fine but i do not want them changed in WO.

1 hour ago, Kegan said:

-1  I like the big trees that take up the whole tile so no for me the olive do the same thing too. If you want to make a mod for WU then fine but i do not want them changed in WO.

I'm not saying to make the tree smaller if that's what you mean, it will still take up the whole tile, just not have any other foliage grow on the adjacent tiles. Including trees for the same type.

I like the big trees that grow next to each other it blocks off views from things that you don't want to see and it also gives more if a secluded feel when you have them grouped up.

If you don't like them then chop them down and replant things you do like. 

Edited by Kegan

It would be neat if they had a dynamic mechanic, like IF they were next to each other, they won't kill each other or whatever so you can plant them together, but naturally spreading trees (not just chesnut, but all of the new trees) are spaced out more

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 8:20 AM, ausimus said:

Mostly a WU suggestion until they decide to re-enable tree collision on WO

Hopefully they will never re-enable tree collision in WO. Better they disable it in WU too so that players can plant the large blocking tree types and then pass right through them. Play both branches of Wurm and you will quickly notice which one offers the better option (WO).

=Ayes=