header.png

Hi Everyone!
With the European summer nearing it's end, it's time to get back into gear, and what better way to do it than with some shiny new gear!
-Excessive use of puns warning-

But First...

Patch Notes 16/AUG/16

Spoiler
  •  
  • Small copper braziers can be planted and turned now.
  • Candelabras can be planted.
  • Hauling stuff up/down is now affected by deed speed bonus for item movement actions.
  • Pillars can be rotated.
  • Added Rift spawning message to Area History.
  • The capital deed of a kingdom can no longer convert to another PMK until it is no longer the capital.
  • Attempting to convert someone to your kingdom will now give error messages if it fails
  • New clothing!
    • Black cloth sleeves
    • Plain white cloth pants
    • Plain white cloth sleeves
    • With the addition of the plain white sleeves and pants, the recipes for the sleeves and pants from a recent update have been changed. They now begin with the plain white version of the item and water and then require items to add coloring.
  • Bugfix: You should now be able to become champ of a WL deity if it favours your kingdom, correcting issues that stopped it before.
  • Bugfix: Fix to cap affinities properly at 5.
  • Bugfix: Mayors (or those with pick up planted permission) can now pick up planted lamps on bridges on their deed.
  • Bugfix: Village invite via the right click method is no longer blocked if inviter is standing in another village.
  • Bugfix: Corrected new clothing having too high of a creation quality.

Cooking reviews!
Our cooking teaser generated a lot of excitement among you all, which is good, because I'm excited too!
We'll go further in depth as we get closer to their release, going over some parts in depth, as well as providing a total overview (and tomato farms!)

To arms! ... and legs
This weeks update saw some new clothing options go in, with the black sleeves, white sleeves and white pants! Now you can customise your look even further, hanging on your deed grooming sheep never looked so stylish!

All chained up
It's time chain armour got some love! This week I have some tantalising tidbits, Saroman has been hard at work with his fingerpaints and clay and has two new textures for chain armour, adamantine and glimmersteel! Silver hasn't been forgotten though, and is still being worked on.

chaina.png

Adamantine

chaing.png

Glimmersteel

Iron plate
This weeks graphics update also saw the iron plate textures sneak through, causing some questions and concern. I'd like to say that absolutely nothing is set in stone with this armour, it not even necessarily being something that would be coming to the game, so rest assured!

Unstable client update
Another unstable client update has come out, addressing a few dynamic lighting performance issues, as well as more stability issues. Feel free to jump on and try it out again!

Community Content

This weeks community content is a mod for Wurm Unlimited! Taking a bit of a change from Wurm Online content, as well as more visual things, this mod by Xyp, the admin of Mythmoor allows players to craft the awesome pauldrons in Wurm Unlimited. As you all know, the pauldrons are only available via rift loot drops, which of course don't exist in Wurm Unlimited.
Check out the mod here:

That's it for this week! I hope you all enjoy looking fashionable in the new clothing, and have an awesome weekend of Wurm!

Retrograde & the Wurm team.

• Like 13

Those are sure some pretty chain colors! Wish I could bribe someone for some girly armor tho!

• Like 3

glimmersteel chain doesnt really look like glimmersteel

just looks like more HD chain

• Like 2

now that you mention it i'd like to see some girly armour too... just saying.. heheh...

1 minute ago, Propheteer said:

this.

2 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

Bear in mind you aren't seeing them side-by-side, and lighting is going to matter here.

2 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Bear in mind you aren't seeing them side-by-side, and lighting is going to matter here.

So its basically going to look nothing like the rest of the moonmetal gear, more textures that dont really match the same material?

Edited by Propheteer

when we're taling about "girl armour"....what do we mean by that ?

something as rediculous as this ?

• Like 5

waste of dev time since glim and adm. its not common at all and someone just making profit out of it again

Edited by Sila

2 minutes ago, Sila said:

waste of dev time since glim and adm. its not common at all and someone just making profit out of it again

it's very common in pvp servers and they expect glimmer/addy chain to be used with the upcoming combat patch.

I know on epic we had well over 500kgs in our safemine of both, and even here on chaos i have access to large quantities.

If you want it, come PvP. It's incentive, or encourage them to add more of it to difficult content.

Edited by Propheteer
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Enough_said.png

I rest my case.

Edit: Actually lets pretend its lightning that darkens it. here is glimmer AT NIGHT.

Spoiler

derp.jpg

by the way, why hasnt the moon metal armor been fixed so all parts glow yet?

Edited by Zekezor

Make the metals more common so we can craft it

2 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

If you want it, come PvP. It's incentive.

As soon as I get my strength up to 70 and my body control to  75 and my fight skill to 90 , I'm coming .    Can't wait for it tbh

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunnyside said:

As soon as I get my strength up to 70 and my body control to  75 and my fight skill to 90 , I'm coming .    Can't wait for it tbh

Don't need it, just get SOTG.

28 body with SOTG will take more hits than 90 body without.

also FS will go up 20x faster in PvP as you will get .25 per kill, and the CR you get from having 90 is negligible as 1v1s don't exist, and small scale combat is in the process of getting nerfed into the ground (and by small combat i mean boats, which is the only form remaining.) I've come to the conclusion that most people who bar up all these requirements often never give it a try at all.

Edited by Propheteer

addy chain looks black

glimmer chain looks like silver

wtf?

Give addy and glimmer armors back the generic graphics since PvP once again complains, and sell them as craftable cosmetic overrides to PvE. 

Problem solved.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

Give addy and glimmer armors back the generic graphics since PvP once again complains, and sell them as craftable cosmetic overrides to PvE. 

Problem solved.

i just want consistency

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

i just want consistency

I know that feeling.
I wonder why there isn't a standardized material color chart that can be used?

• Like 1

Awesome guys, but I really wish you would finish things before moving on to the next. One example would be hedges, you guys updated the art on the maple hedges over 2 years ago it looks awesome, but we still have cedar and camellia looking like sponges WTF !?!?

• Like 1

Great to hear of more customization options (clothing) and that the chain sets are being finished up !