Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Bigger and Moar Crates!

+1 for even numbers like 250, 500, 1000

also worth to mention that changinging bsb capacity would also be nice (from 1999 bricks to 2000, from 853 rock shards to 1000 etc)

On my favorite WU server a small crate will hold around 135,000 items regardless of what they are. How is this possible??!! So maybe WO might get the much less impressive upgrades as suggested in the OP, which in terms of comparison would still be very helpful hereabouts.

=Ayes=

20 hours ago, Ayes said:

On my favorite WU server a small crate will hold around 135,000 items regardless of what they are. How is this possible??!! 

=Ayes=

I would suggest that would be A mod?

On 9/21/2016 at 5:33 PM, JakeRivers said:

Another thought would be to just make BSB's loadable.

This right here has revolutionized wagon capacity, but still be nice to see crates that could hold more, as logs/dirt/ores/shards still do not fit well in a bsb.

On 8/18/2016 at 4:55 PM, Ostentatio said:

Volume-based crates would be nice. Would prevent  us having to do nested-container shenanigans in order to ship smaller items.

As it is, you can fit just as many teeth in a crate as you can piles of dirt, and that's just weird.

You are forgetting the bubble wrap!  I mean, dirt doesn't need any special care when packing in a crate, but those teeth...

Use small chests or some such to create sub compartments inside crates and bins for better sorting and separating items, especially by QL.

-1, To be honest i don't get all the excitement abous this idea.

250/500 would make the trades easier? how exactly?

All the servers and players are swarmed up and keep everything in large crates.

The "crate swapping" would become an incredible mess.

Like:

"I have this 12900 dirt in 43 large crates, do you have 43 to switch?"
"No sorry, i only use dirt crates for dirt, do you have them?"
"Meh, i don't like those, sorry, i always use my crates for all kind of stuff and i don't like having crates that are reserved to dirt only"
"Do you like medium ones? i could give you 52 of them"
"Hm, but i have only large crates in my deed, i don't really like the medium ones either, i could sell you my 43 large crates if you want though"
"Hm, and what about huge crates? maybe i can give you 20 of them along with 26 small ones, or 16 medium"
"Omg, please, no, that's even worse"
"How much would you sell those 43 large crates for?"
"10c each"
"Oh god, that's the old price, now people charge 10c for huge ones, most people sold all those large ones for 1c each, i got myself 100 of them for 1 silver last week"
"Nice deal, but if you have 100 of them, can't you give me 43?"
"I can't, they are all full of dirt now,"
"Didn't you just say you only use dirt crates for dirt now?"
"Yes, i know, but the last guy only had large crates too, and i switched them for full ones, i wanted to drag all the dirt over to the dirt crates, but i got bored so i would just use them as they are"
"can you craft them?"
"Sure, i have a bunch of 27ql logs i always wanted to get rid of, i could make you some large crates to swap, it would take a week or two, though"

• Like 2