Sign in to follow this  
Killroth

Turn off decay on on deed Colossus please!

We take breaks from Wurm but always keep our upkeep high. 

We came back form a break ready to play wurm again only to find this...

Teb7S6L.jpg

No colossus... why is decay turned on when a colossus is on deed. I can understand smaller things decaying but not something that requires that much work. it should not decay on deed.

Please change this.

Thanks,

Killroth

Edited by Killroth
  • Like 10

There should be NO DECAY AT ALL on-deed in my book.

Yes i can see why decay on-deed for small items is needed as you say but decay on other things like BSBs, FSBs, Forges ect.... thats WAY to much for what we pay for in deed upkeep.

It's one of the big things that can put me off paying for prem and playing as i tend to spend 50% of my prem time doing bloody repairs so i don't loose stuff when i should be playing and doing things i want to do. :S

• Like 6

I rarely repair things on my deed... I would feel that we should pay a lot more for deed upkeep if we were to get zero decay on it, as right now it is fairly cheap. If you are spending half your time repairing all the items on your deed then perhaps invest in improving the quality of those items a bit?

All that said I would agree to no decay on colossi while ondeed, as 4,000 mats is not fun to replace... Also, deed mayor should be able to bash them, like guard towers where mayor or builder can bash, because right now only the builder can bash the colossi, which pretty much guarantees they won't get removed if the deed is bought.

+1

• Like 1

I would recommend a system where you could stave off decay on your deed based on 1% of the Mat's needed for all the items on your deed.  Reduced of course by the protection of good crates, boxes or buildings.  Thus allowing people to stock up on materials to "protect all objects" not just specials.

This would also provide a small stream of work for crafters and the game economy.

shoudl be no or very slow decay on somethign that takes 4000 material. yes i forgot to imp it but it decayed fully in a year. 

I've left low ql tools out for longer and had less decay. the decay rate is way too high.

• Like 1

There simply shouldn't be decay on deed on any items which don't fit in a storage bin and can be repaired. This way people can actually play the game instead of having to spend time on maintenance. Punishing players for making their deeds look great is simply bad game design, why would you ever? Perhaps make it a toggable option which increases deed upkeep by a couple of silver.

Edited by Ecrir

Paying deep upkeep beyond 30 days should shut off ALL DECAY, period.  Want a motivator for people to plant deeds, spend coin, and care about Wurm?  Turn off decay when they do!  Let decay serve to clean up the land when people abandon it, not torture people who live there.

• Like 6

I'm more curious how it decayed?  I watched a 30ql off deed colossus for many months and the max damage it reached before someone repaired it was like 15 dmg

edit:  idea makes sense though, even some planted things still take damage like bsbs and large barrels etc

Edited by MrGARY

try relogging if you haven't cause mine bugged out before. Lol

I have 60ql colossus and it took 3 damage in the week I was barely on. Probably that random decay thing. 

On 8/20/2016 at 7:51 PM, MrGARY said:

I'm more curious how it decayed?  I watched a 30ql off deed colossus for many months and the max damage it reached before someone repaired it was like 15 dmg

edit:  idea makes sense though, even some planted things still take damage like bsbs and large barrels etc

On 8/20/2016 at 7:19 PM, Mclovin said:

try relogging if you haven't cause mine bugged out before. Lol

nah its gone gone.

why should 4000 item statue be gone. why should any statues on deed decay.

if they off deed it shouldnt matter thats fine but if i wanted to imp everything to 90 ql and live off deed. 

we pay the kings price for a reason to be lazy

I recently deeded a new place and there is a Fo colossal on site. I don't want it because it's hideous, but since I'm not the builder I cannot move or bash it. I'm stuck with it. So decay is necessary until we have the option to destroy them ourselves.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Caveman said:

I recently deeded a new place and there is a Fo colossal on site. I don't want it because it's hideous, but since I'm not the builder I cannot move or bash it. I'm stuck with it. So decay is necessary until we have the option to destroy them ourselves.

This!

OR maybe allow mayor to destroy/move everything that is on HIS PAYED DEED ??

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 3

On 8/18/2016 at 9:09 AM, Tallios said:

I would recommend a system where you could stave off decay on your deed based on 1% of the Mat's needed for all the items on your deed.  Reduced of course by the protection of good crates, boxes or buildings.  Thus allowing people to stock up on materials to "protect all objects" not just specials.

This would also provide a small stream of work for crafters and the game economy.

MmmmmmmmmmNo, there's a clear difference in work done and mats in bulk.. your idea favors only the mat hoarders, and not the traders of finished goods(making a mason with forges/fireplaces/marble-braziers/etc... 'pay' for it's creation's decay, vs less cost for a plank/brick/shard/etc.. hoarder keeping just 1-2-300 crates laying around)

plus.. that idea brings us quite close to old -5% crate/bsb content every month<_<

Maybe mayors could get a list for items that are close to poof based on the damage, and some relative locating method, item's name or something.. BUT.. decay's a] RNG, and b] depends on ql, nothing perfect;

anyway new patch promised 0 decay for decorations or plantable items(someone in ca-help defined that as 'anything that doesn't form a pile when dropped on the ground', I think that includes colossuses:lol:

-1  The things are horrible, we need a way to destroy them first.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rathgar said:

-1  The things are horrible, we need a way to destroy them first.  

Aye! :)

Zero decay on deed you can hang that sht up, no way that will ever happen, why? Because that is the only reason to keep players logging on time after time, to repair all the crap so they don't loose it.  ( yes there are plenty of other reasons to log on ) face it, it's time consuming and a pita, but it keeps us logging on.

Mayors should be able to destroy anything on their deed, Period. NO hemming and hawing, absolutely no reason for this to not be in the game already with all the new permissions and what not.  We already have a mayor bonus, instead of going half measure with that, then go ahead and go the full distance and add those pesky things on deeds that people have been wanting to destroy for a long while. - abandoned planted fixed locked items, should all be able to be destroyed by mayors.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stormblade said:

Zero decay on deed you can hang that sht up, no way that will ever happen, why? Because that is the only reason to keep players logging on time after time, to repair all the crap so they don't loose it.  ( yes there are plenty of other reasons to log on ) face it, it's time consuming and a pita, but it keeps us logging on.

Why do we have to be FORCED to do things? If your deed is paid up, why should it matter if you log in? It's better for lag if you don't. The game should be interesting enough that we want to log in. We shouldn't have to log in for chores. I'm paying to have fun, not be punished.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LorraineJ said:

Why do we have to be FORCED to do things? If your deed is paid up, why should it matter if you log in? It's better for lag if you don't. The game should be interesting enough that we want to log in. We shouldn't have to log in for chores. I'm paying to have fun, not be punished.

I agree, I hate that I imp my bsbs, fsb and other things to 60+ ql on to have 20, 30 40 damage by weeks end on them and have to spend an hour or so each night running around repairing stuff.  It's no wonder that most folks hate traveling.  Between repairing and maintenance on  your deed along + travel time, it's a wonder we get anything done at all that's Fun in the game.