Sign in to follow this  
Xyp

[Released] New Portals

6 hours ago, Xyp said:

I might look into it, I have several things on my wan't to do list for my server, there will not be any updates of any kind until 1.3 is out.

ok thanks a lot for all the great work you do for our community! I really would like to make deed portals for my server, I want to make players pay coin to have them built in the server spawn and to portal to their town from there. But I know this will take a lot of aspects from the game out like ships etc, So I want to make them pay to use them or have a upkeep or something. I'm looking forward to seeing what you share with us in the future. :)

was wondering if you could add some rift stone and rift crystal models as portals to use when you update for 1.3 =)

currently i use those models with missions but missions getting bugged for some people.

this is much easier to setup but most of the portals are huge.

would like more smaller choices if possible! <3

My name is aum an i approve this mod  (been running on taumriel for a while now)

• Like 1

Will put it on my list, got some server specific bug fixes and thingies to do but I do wan't to do some more work on this mod soon. Thank you for the suggestion Aum.

Just wanted to say thank-you we've been running this a while now as well to go between our main city and Monastery type deed which is a starting point for a number of things related to our server's lore. Plus it fantastic for event prep.

Just an update, as soon as I finish tweaking out my new website, I will be working on this mod again, I want to add in Aum's portal model suggestions and fix up a few more tidbits. Also there are some info logs that come out, they don't hurt anything at all but they look creepy on the console and log. I got the info I need from it so I will work on making that go away. Hopefully an update either this weekend or next week.

• Like 1

On 7.3.2017 at 7:10 AM, Aum said:

would like more smaller choices if possible! <3

I saw on another server portals with the stone of southfall or whatever the name is, this types looks also very cool

Eject

So, question for you guys, while I am working on this.

How would you like for these portals to also allow you to transfer to another server, as well as having ship models act as portals for fast travel?

3 hours ago, Xyp said:

How would you like for these portals to also allow you to transfer to another server, as well as having ship models act as portals for fast travel?

Sounds pretty awesome. The static ships for fast travel would definitely be a cool addition.

On 3/26/2017 at 8:03 AM, Xyp said:

Not needed for my server, but maybe others would like it. 

On 3/26/2017 at 11:03 AM, Xyp said:

I do find that interesting, in particular for cross-server travel. Certain would give an extra immersion depth.

Any progress on the fast travel with ship/wagons models? Cheers :D

Edited by Governor

Nice mod, I found doing up the mission rulers very annoying and long winded to make portaling across map work. So I ended up using your mod as the start point to do what I wanted. You may or may not like the idea for your own mod.

What I did was store locations in the mod db and have a drop down menu in a question. So people would use the portal and choose which location they want to portal to, as opposed to needing 1 portal for every single destination, any portal could teleport to any location stored in db.

• Like 3

Hello Xyp

I had to build my portals new, but now i have no data 1 and data 2 field to set the coordinates.

Can you give me a tip?

Eject

5 hours ago, Eject said:

Hello Xyp

I had to build my portals new, but now i have no data 1 and data 2 field to set the coordinates.

Can you give me a tip?

Eject

Ebony Wand ->Item-> SetData

you aren't using the server portals, steel portal is not one of the new portals

ooops

is there another one with the same look?

I used portals like this before i go to pingperfect, at PP they disapeared and i spawned new portals.

I will look if there are others.

Eject

i saw now, i use the steel portal and the mod is on the servers

odd, there is no steel SERVER portal in my list, i am confused now

nvm found the problem ^^

Edited by Eject

Seems to be an issue with the latest update, as soon as I get some stability with the massive amounts of broken stuff I will get right on an update for this.

Actually seems the portals are fine, it seems the WUA server manager was causing most of my issues. I do have a little update in progress on the portals though but I need to get my server solved out before I get it released. Main part of the update is making it port to center of tile instead of corner to avoid wall traps.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2017 at 2:02 PM, Xyp said:

Actually seems the portals are fine, it seems the WUA server manager was causing most of my issues. I do have a little update in progress on the portals though but I need to get my server solved out before I get it released. Main part of the update is making it port to center of tile instead of corner to avoid wall traps.

I've also, though very rarely, gotten stuck in a loop when I transported directly into a fence or tree.  Using /stuck seems to work fine for this, though, but thought it might be useful info for you...maybe.  :-)

EDIT:  By "stuck in a loop" I mean when your screen flashes and you're unable to move without snapping back to the position you are trying to move from.  

Edited by Batta

yeah thats the problem that I am fixing, the current public version puts you at the corner of the tile, so any wall or fence there will mess with you and get you stuck. I have fixed that so you now go to the center of the tile. I am trying to find time to squeeze a couple more things in before I release the update though. Havn't been in a rush since it still works with 1.4

You should note also to not set your teleport distance too short. If you only port a handful of tiles it can put you in a vision area loop, only relog can fix it. No need to have a portal to go 5 tiles though.

I've kept my portals clear of other objects so haven't run into this yet, but I could indeed see how that would be a bit of a problem. Hello meet fence, lol.