Sign in to follow this  
Xyp

[Released] New Portals

21 hours ago, Eject said:

sorry for the delay

My portals working fine it was my fail lol

i portet to a players deed, planted the portal, rightclicked it and select teleport on the portal with the active wand. That was the reason why i portet back 10 tiles to the token, it was using the teleport from the wand instead from the portal ^^

sorry :)

Eject

LOL, I've done this a few times, too.  :-)

• Like 1

Now i have a little problem

Normaly the portals to the neighbour server are ponting directly to the 1st permanent (gm) deed

today i had to disband the maintown from one of the neighbours and recreate it (its also permanent now), but now if i port from the loginserver to this neighbourserver, i dont land in the town, i land everywhere and dont know how i can fix this.

in the serverconfig i have no random spawn and the other coordinates are not the same like the tile i was porting.

i dont know why the portal is now not pointing to the gm deed, i destroyed the portal than and made it new, but the same problem.

Eject

Go into your wurmlogin.db. In there you will find a list of all your connected servers and spawn points. Typically it will be listed to 0 0 for all the cluster server spawn points. Set each spawn point for the proper kingdom for each cluster server. This should push anyone using a portal from that server to another server to the place you want them to go. Im using DB browser to do changes just explore, select server table, all servers should be listed with spawn points for each. Only three kingdoms are listed but if you are using Freedom kingdom then it goes off the JK spawn point. 

yeah i see that, but there is just jenn kellon mol rehan and liblia but ni freedom, and far as i know jenn kellon is not freedom isles

Eject

It uses JK template. I have set my portals between cluster servers for a while now and all are Freedom based. 

• Like 1

Thanks for this info =) i will try it now

Eject

add: i dont know whats happen, but after a serverrestart, the portal was working with the new gm deed

Edited by Eject

Portals stopped working with the 1.5 update. They cause my server to crash.  Is there a fix out there for this yet, by any chance?

1 hour ago, Batta said:

Portals stopped working with the 1.5 update. They cause my server to crash.  Is there a fix out there for this yet, by any chance?

I've ported around through a few of ours already just to test when I brought the server online. Can you post a bit of the end of your log file where the error kicked?

33 minutes ago, LifesaverM said:

I've ported around through a few of ours already just to test when I brought the server online. Can you post a bit of the end of your log file where the error kicked?

I'm using a server host, so I have no idea where to find the log file.  When the 1.5 update happened, we had to uninstall all of our mods and reinstall them one at a time to see which ones were causing the server to become unable to work.  When we removed this portals mod, the server started normally. When we reinstalled it, the server once again stopped.  The CPU usage and Memory bars dropped to 0%, and the server was no longer on the list of available servers in the Wurm launcher.

We are still unable to get our portals back, and are hoping that there is a fix coming soon.

9 hours ago, Batta said:

I'm using a server host, so I have no idea where to find the log file.  When the 1.5 update happened, we had to uninstall all of our mods and reinstall them one at a time to see which ones were causing the server to become unable to work.  When we removed this portals mod, the server started normally. When we reinstalled it, the server once again stopped.  The CPU usage and Memory bars dropped to 0%, and the server was no longer on the list of available servers in the Wurm launcher.

We are still unable to get our portals back, and are hoping that there is a fix coming soon.

Most of them use the same game control panel software so there should be an icon that talks about Files. It would be in the main directory if you find the icon and would be called server.log. If you can find it you can just open it and copy the contents to something like pastebin.com and post the link.

Agos Modloader creates a server.log in the main folder of your server

Eject

edit: sorry answered, i should read all ;)

Edited by Eject

Isn't working for me too.

[06:53:03 PM] SEVERE org.gotti.wurmunlimited.serverlauncher.DelegatedLauncher: javassist.CannotCompileException: [source error] action(com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Action,com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creature,int,int,boolean,int,int,short,float) not found in org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.ActionPerformer
java.lang.RuntimeException: javassist.CannotCompileException: [source error] action(com.wurmonline.server.behaviours.Action,com.wurmonline.server.creatures.Creature,int,int,boolean,int,int,short,float) not found in org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.ActionPerformer
	at org.gotti.wurmunlimited.modsupport.actions.ModActions.init(ModActions.java:128)
	at net.xyp.wurmunlimited.mods.newportals.NewPortals.preInit(NewPortals.java:26)

New portals version 1.3-1

server crash

Can you make the portals so that we can write in the coordinates from the destination server?

Its because, yesterday i disbanded another gm deed and found the settlement new, now the destination is no more at the main town, its jumping at the new founded second gm deed.

Eject

On 10/13/2017 at 6:31 AM, Eject said:

Can you make the portals so that we can write in the coordinates from the destination server?

Its because, yesterday i disbanded another gm deed and found the settlement new, now the destination is no more at the main town, its jumping at the new founded second gm deed.

Eject

i just wanted to send out a shout of thanks, for this mod.

recently i've started developing problems with my server and map, and your mod fixed part of it, i wasnt able to teleport, from my main deed, to my winery deed and back again, but your mod fixed that part of it, so very greatful for this..

cheers from the oz.

@Xyp  We are about to switch to a non-Epic server, and we will sorely miss having the portals, particularly the portal rings. Is there any way to make them work on a non-Epic world?

Edited by Batta

On 22.1.2018 at 4:27 PM, WolfRaiser said:

Can this mod be used for teleports between maps in a cluster? 

yes, use the "portal" (name in the creation list)

i connected 3 maps with this without problems. You will land at the main city near the token.

zv9X1Bt.png

54B8xGr.png

Eject

Edited by Eject

8 hours ago, Batta said:

@Xyp  We are about to switch to a non-Epic server, and we will sorely miss having the portals, particularly the portal rings. Is there any way to make them work on a non-Epic world?

These work on non epic worlds.

12 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

These work on non epic worlds.

Are you certain?  I was told that I had to have Epic to use them...searching my old messages to find out who said that...It's really the only reason we kept the Epic setting, once our server became overrun with Sol demons.  But of course, it would be fantastic if we could still use them!

Edited by Batta

Nevermind found the issue. Ignore this.

Edited by DragonsGateWU
Resolved

On 4/5/2018 at 5:57 PM, Batta said:

Are you certain?  I was told that I had to have Epic to use them...searching my old messages to find out who said that...It's really the only reason we kept the Epic setting, once our server became overrun with Sol demons.  But of course, it would be fantastic if we could still use them!

I am sorry I did not respond to this sooner, these portals should not care whether the server is epic or not. The only similarity to the portals my mod creates and the portals in WO is the models, the rest is a totally different system and only cares about data coordinates.

• Like 1

My Portals from Server to Server are not working properly post 1.8.0.3. I've disabled all the auto forwarding stuff, and they work in terms of transferring over to the new server, but its dumping them at sea instead of at the Spawn point.

The correct Kingdom spawn locations are set . both Servers are set to Kingdom 4 and Home Server.

EDIT:

Fixed my own issue, the UI wasn't saving the changes to the spawn locations, so I downed the server and set them manually using dbbrowser and hey presto, the portals are working in both locations!

Edited by solmark