Sign in to follow this  
Xyp

[Released] New Portals

Version 1.3 released. Let me know of issues.

Added ring - unkown from the create menu (#give 297). Can set it up just like any other portal, but this is portable. It is the normal ring, can even be a crafted one, but a GM has to set the data. Be careful with this, if a player tries start teleporting too close to the destination, they will get stuck in a loop (this is usually just a few tiles, but since it is out of GM control it may be an issue). Good news on that, it won't hurt your server, and player just has to relog, but who likes errors? -at some point I will add a check for destination and calculate that it is more than 50 tiles to stop this from even being a possibility, but for now still an issue. --This item requested by Batta

Added Rift Altar as a portal, named Rift Server Portal. Works just like the other server portals. --This item requested by ago.

Added a little more grade school math to make the portals put the player in the center of the destination tile rather than the Northwest corner. This should solve problems with walls and fences being built on the border of the tile being teleported to.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Xyp said:

Added ring - unkown from the create menu (#give 297). Can set it up just like any other portal, but this is portable. It is the normal ring, can even be a crafted one, but a GM has to set the data. Be careful with this, if a player tries start teleporting too close to the destination, they will get stuck in a loop (this is usually just a few tiles, but since it is out of GM control it may be an issue). Good news on that, it won't hurt your server, and player just has to relog, but who likes errors? -at some point I will add a check for destination and calculate that it is more than 50 tiles to stop this from even being a possibility, but for now still an issue. --This item requested by Batta

You made portal Rings! I am so happy and grateful, you can't imagine. Thank you so much for this.  It will save me a TON of work! 

For those who wonder why you'd ever need a port ring -- we give them to players who are willing to deed the obscure places, the out-of-reach places, and the places that have very few resources, because it helps everyone when there are players all over the map.  We also give them to terrified newbies who have never played Wurm before, so they can feel safe knowing they have the ability to just port home if things get out of hand out there in the scary, mob-filled world. That said, port rings are still a very rare thing, and not just anyone can have them; there has to be a real need. They are never available for sale, and they are usually given temporarily,  just until the player reaches a certain skill level, or just until we can get an access road up to them. 

Having to create a mission for every single port ring has been a true pain, and a time-consuming process, as I'm sure other GMs can imagine. Keeping the different port rings missions sorted out has required good record-keeping, as more than one player might have a ring going to the same spawn town.

@Xyp I'm just so happy about this. <3  <3  <3 

2 hours ago, Xyp said:

On the GitHub page it says Version 1.3, but the download is for newportals - v1.2 and rings are not working with it (no option to set data 1 and data 2).

Fixed version now available. 1.3-1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xyp said:

Fixed version now available. 1.3-1

It works great!  :-)

Thank you master Xyp =)

The rings are a good idea, how often can you use the rings? one time or endless?

Is it possible to set this value in the properties file?

Eject

I think about another "problem"

if you move to another server and use the ring, will it work?

If yes, you can maybe port directly into a deed from another player or?

Eject

Hi, did you say that you could update the mod to teleport across to different servers or does this version have that capability?

No this version does not. I use the "portal" that came with default WU. Set data 1 to the server ID you want it to send people to.

On 7/23/2017 at 2:53 AM, Eject said:

I think about another "problem"

if you move to another server and use the ring, will it work?

If yes, you can maybe port directly into a deed from another player or?

Eject

Ring was a request, not something I am using, or plan to. So anything obnoxious like that you will just have to think ahead on yourself as a server admin. I suppose I could slap the option on the ring to not leave the server, like deed forms and such on the next update.

• Like 1

I am not big on making custom properties files, because I write my own mods I don't use them, however I need to consider the needs of the end user on these public ones, so I will consider some adjustables. Including cost to port, and charges options on the rings etc. However as long as they work, I am in no hurry :)

• Like 2

You know you could go to the github page, sing up for github, and put it in the issue tracker so I don't forget this stuff when I go to work on it :)

Charging a fee to port or making say the rings decay (or having something that can be given out that has a temporary life, like x charges or simply takes a dmg hit each time its used and be unrepairable) are things that would be cool to have but not a critical factor in my opinion. Of two two I'd like to see the temporary life ring so you can give them out but not be completely a forever thing.

EDIT: Even though I'm more favorable to the 2nd concept as a courtesy to the community I added both topics to the issue tracker as Xyp requested.

Edited by LifesaverM
Adt'l Info

Best way to make sure I keep track of it lol.

On 03/08/2017 at 11:25 PM, Xyp said:

No this version does not. I use the "portal" that came with default WU. Set data 1 to the server ID you want it to send people to.

Thanks as always @Xyp- do you know if that portal is configurable in any way? I've tested this and it sends the person over to the other server successfully but I cannot see how to define where they land up. Thanks :)

Edited by solmark

It is supposed to send you to spawn point that is set for the kingdom on destination server

4 hours ago, Jerone0601 said:

It is supposed to send you to spawn point that is set for the kingdom on destination server

Thanks, we had 2 villages set as freedom spawn, we removed the offending one and it worked!

Having an issue with the port option not appearing. As far as I can tell everything is set up right.
38RzGQy.png
Edit: Got it working on a server with just this mod enabled. Works on old server. But doesn't work on new server with the same mod setup.
Edit2: the issue was a mod conflict. Old server was obviously starting in a different manner that meant this mod (as in the conflicting one) wouldnt load. Fixed.

Edited by Shadowlarax

after months i created now a new portal for a player. the coords dont work, i land near 10 tiles away from the portal

I will try to get up with you this week and look at that, havn't had any other reports of that happening. That is if I do not get blown away by the 5 hurricain shuffle.

• Like 1

I am being an idiot. Is this an ego modloader mod?

I put it in mods/ along with .properties, and server won't start. Throws an exception with creatures mod.

Only started if i remove this mod.

On 9/6/2017 at 9:08 AM, Eject said:

after months i created now a new portal for a player. the coords dont work, i land near 10 tiles away from the portal

Interesting I create new portals for events all the time and not been having any issue.

6 hours ago, Marlon said:

I am being an idiot. Is this an ego modloader mod?

I put it in mods/ along with .properties, and server won't start. Throws an exception with creatures mod.

Only started if i remove this mod.

Yes, it works with AGO's modloader. Can you post your sever.log somewhere like pastebin and post a link here?

sorry for the delay

My portals working fine it was my fail lol

i portet to a players deed, planted the portal, rightclicked it and select teleport on the portal with the active wand. That was the reason why i portet back 10 tiles to the token, it was using the teleport from the wand instead from the portal ^^

sorry :)

Eject

• Like 1