Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Name and Shame - Ruger

6 hours ago, Outlaw said:

$120,000 from Wurm in 7 years sounds like too much.

7 years = 2,555 days

$120,000 / 2,555 days = $46.97 per day average...for 7 years.

You would have to be finding and successfully selling a full drake set (or 1g equivalent) every 2 days, for 7 years straight to make that much.

Gold coins were only worth 50-60e each until the price hike too, so you'd need to have been making more than the above before that.

$120k, is 1200 drake sets / gold coins or 400 scale sets. Even if you somehow acquired that many resources within the game, successfully selling them on a regular basis is a whole different story. Scale doesn't sell fast, unless you're way undercutting market and at times even drake and gold coins can take days/weeks to sell, especially if there are other sellers active.

Agreed no one is that good at selling in wurm not even myself, and it's literally all I do. Not sure how some people fell for that bit of trolling, everything Ruger says is invalid.

Edited by Niki

17 hours ago, Niki said:

Agreed no one is that good at selling in wurm not even myself, and it's literally all I do. Not sure how some people fell for that bit of trolling, everything Ruger says is invalid.

Indeed. Even if I had $120k worth of items, I wouldn't be able to sell them within 7 years lol.

I don't want to say how much I've put through my paypal thanks to Wurm, but if you count both buy and selling, its not even 10% of that in the same time period...and that's breaking even overall, he's claiming that as profit... lol.

You know as well as I do how slow selling things can be at times.

• Like 1

I am so sorry to hear about this ######, and I understand what you're all going through right now. Let me know if there's anything I can help out with! :(

A tip is to make a list of items that were lost and what QL they were so that people can keep an eye out for them, because most players are decent human beings and wouldn't knowingly buy stolen items. This can also help you pinpoint new alts that he starts to try to fence more of the items - And it also helps others avoid dealing with him in the future.

It's sad that every time there is an oversight in the game mechanics or a player forgets a setting someone is always there to take advantage of it and ruin the entire game experience for someone else (to be fair though - your friend quite possibly did change the e-mail and password correctly, since it's not the first time that setting cocks up. I wouldn't be surprised either if there's an abusable glitch that people use to double-retrieve info).

Edit:
And I'm also sorry you have to deal with the turds who've never been on the receiving end of a robbery themselves. It's not your fault you've been robbed, no matter how mean they are towards you. When the settings were abused so our villagers were robbed of their items I received messages for over a month from people who were probing to check so that I didn't receive any "perks" that they felt I wasn't entitled to (i.e. having stolen items returned). So first we were robbed and then we were harrassed for a month by petty people.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

Aeris, your situation had more substance than what is being accused in this. The only argument is his friends would never do this. Problem is most likely a friend did do it because when home thefts happen its more often than not someone close to you. The whole situation sucks, i will agree with that. But, if this was an easy finger to point I'm sure the person that was effected would have been the person posting, not someone else. If anything against the game rules had happened, the person responsible would have been punished.

Like usual, the blame Ruger thread is making its annual appearance. I have to wonder if they are just pvp tiffs.

2 hours ago, JudusX said:

Aeris, your situation had more substance than what is being accused in this. The only argument is his friends would never do this. Problem is most likely a friend did do it because when home thefts happen its more often than not someone close to you. The whole situation sucks, i will agree with that. But, if this was an easy finger to point I'm sure the person that was effected would have been the person posting, not someone else. If anything against the game rules had happened, the person responsible would have been punished.

Like usual, the blame Ruger thread is making its annual appearance. I have to wonder if they are just pvp tiffs.

I haven't pointed fingers at anyone or said anything along the lines of "that's the thief", if that's what you're getting at. I extended my condolences to the victims of a robbery and offered to help out with what I can.

Ruger is well known, if you want to check the reputation of a player, don't hesitate to ask in global or kchat (freedom).
you won't always get a response but i'm pretty damn sure you would have gotten one if you asked about him.

sorry for your loss. yes it's a shame that greedy people even play this game, they should be out there, conning businessmen instead of dragging their filth in here.
for gods sake don't try to get your head around his lies. that's a job for the staff, they get paid for it.

7 hours ago, JudusX said:

Never had an issue with Ruger when he was on a pvp server, which is why I was surprised initially.

You keep saying my only argument is my friend wouldn't do this, you should probably reread my posts. I agree I don't have 100% evidence he took all of my stuff, but you must be an absolute fool to ignore everything pointing at him

His general background if dodgy as heck, more people know him as dodgy. When I mentioned his name to a GM who is no longer playing (and didn't know what had happened to me) the first thing that was told was he is known for buying accounts with the intention of still being on the permissions to deeds and taking items.

The guy keeps back trailing on what happened with the account. Says in his forum post it was sold, tells Propheteer he doesn't own the account and he was no longer playing anymore so has no reason to take items. Tells a GM he hasn't sold the account, as well as another of his friends.

Tells a GM he started playing again and took items to help him on his way (wasn't confirmed which, but we don't have any 'basic' items lying around unless we're grinding something, so suggests were all the valuables).

The items went missing in a period of time where only 2 people who have access to my house had logged in.

1. A known thief

2. The father of the person who bought Rara. I don't need to go into detail why it wasn't this person, but simply he was stolen from as well, from valuables in our trader house & account being claimed back.

& I guess the salty response provided after I explained a GM had confirmed details such as him taking items and lack of response after.

Just because you've had pleasant dealings with the individual doesn't mean he's not shady af. As with the multiple posts from other people about their experiences, a lot of them also don't have 100% proof, unfortunately you can't predict shady things going on in a mostly respectable community in Wurm. If a GM wants to 100% confirm it was this person who took all my stuff I can give you info to find some of my specific items in the db.

Edited by MetalDragon

I'm not sure why he said IP for, all I was told was Trenith owned the account Rara, the last person to sell Rara was tintin and then theres some posts on the forums (from Rudie) who suggests tintin = ruger but I had pm logs between ruger and someone else to confirm the tintin forum account IS Ruger. Ruger has confirmed this with responses in this thread.

On 8/26/2016 at 9:33 PM, Stanlee said:

Damn. Back when Freedom was just one map, we started at Samling and stood on horses, Metaldragon helped me (though I had a different name then) quite a lot: I'd lost my gear from Golden Valley in an accident (cliff, spider) and he took me on a journey (memory's fuzzy, but I think he took me from the Silent Hill area after Aeris and crew offered me a meal and a sword over to the dragonfang area my team were settling - got to see a steppe of lava spiders and fight a troll, quite something back then).

Always a shame to see those who've helped build up the community have the community bite back.

Always a shame to see WHOM? The character... or the Player that made the decisions and pulled the strings?

How do you or we know Metaldragon now is who Metaldragon was then? We can't know, none of us can unless you know their voice well enough and have spent significant time on voice with them or you know them in RL. As long as Character sales are allowed or tolerated (even if it became against the rules) the Players can never know for certain for instance if Geode is still the same Player that started the character Kyrmius (to use myself as an example because this applies to us all), nor can we know if You are the same Player, or Ruger, or Aeris, or Ayes, or even one of the Devs or Staff, or ANYONE associated with Wurm in any of it's version.

These threads are pointless. Not only is there no chain of absolute verification if the characters are owned by same Player since character creation, but also Rolf ALLOWS and ENCOURAGES this kind of nonsense and no matter how often Players ask him to change things all he has ever really done is give lip service to the concerns or outright ignore them.... because the game is as Rolf wants it to be. Blaming a character for theft when there is no real life accountability to go along with the ingame accountability to the character's reputation means practically nothing. The Player that chose to screw over other Players ingame can just sell the character to some other Player and let them deal with the consequences.

You all are wasting your time complaining about this. The game is designed for this to happen. You'll figure that out eventually.

Concentrate of the parts of the game you love and can make happen in a positive way or you'll grow negative and quit like I did. Wurm can be a marvelous and fantastic game experience if you can ignore the stupid crap like the issues in this thread.

Edited by geode

1 hour ago, geode said:

Always a shame to see WHOM? The character... or the Player that made the decisions and pulled the strings?

How do you or we know Metaldragon now is who Metaldragon was then? We can't know, none of us can unless you know their voice well enough and have spent significant time on voice with them or you know them in RL. As long as Character sales are allowed or tolerated (even if it became against the rules) the Players can never know for certain for instance if Geode is still the same Player that started the character Kyrmius (to use myself as an example because this applies to us all), nor can we know if You are the same Player, or Ruger, or Aeris, or Ayes, or even one of the Devs or Staff, or ANYONE associated with Wurm in any of it's version.

These threads are pointless. Not only is there no chain of absolute verification if the characters are owned by same Player since character creation, but also Rolf ALLOWS and ENCOURAGES this kind of nonsense and no matter how often Players ask him to change things all he has ever really done is give lip service to the concerns or outright ignore them.... because the game is as Rolf wants it to be. Blaming a character for theft when there is no real life accountability to go along with the ingame accountability to the character's reputation means practically nothing. The Player that chose to screw over other Players ingame can just sell the character to some other Player and let them deal with the consequences.

You all are wasting your time complaining about this. The game is designed for this to happen. You'll figure that out eventually.

Concentrate of the parts of the game you love and can make happen in a positive way or you'll grow negative and quit like I did. Wurm can be a marvelous and fantastic game experience if you can ignore the stupid crap like the issues in this thread.

man you're a nut 

2 hours ago, geode said:

[...]

Welp, nothing prove you are the same person, yadda yadda, you are totally right. However coming in that thread on the specific account Ruger and try to fool people around, or the fact he own multiple forum accounts and jump between them at will for any mischief doesn't play in his favor at all. You can also add the fact forum accounts are not sold that often (unless with a specifically named account - and usually mentioned in the thread).

Here you do not have an account but the player commonly known as Ruger (and other aliases probably worth remembering) accused of thievery and with a shady dealing history.

As for you JudusX, good thing you didn't get screwed by Ruger, I trusted him and managed to get both the others players involved with us and myself screwed before we took the matter in our hands (and got some of the uniques mechanism changed as well).

TL;DR: Games got plenty of security flaws, team ain't always as present as we would like, rules got plenty of loopholes... But DON'T BE AN ASS for the sake of the game (unless you are fine as such and should probably consult a shrink about your love to destroy what others like).

• Like 4

It looks like everyone with something useful to add here has done so.  Thread locked.

Pandalet (Assistant Lead Forum Moderator)

• Like 2