Sign in to follow this  
Propheteer

Name and Shame - Ruger

29 minutes ago, Redd said:

What happened to the good thing to do with the GM staff?

The funnier thing is why he is still 'protected' seeing that when i exposed him for the valrei items thievery, trust abuse, whatever, he was really quick to send the staff after me (and he was bragging about it). Do not there was never a no "name and shame" rule... and as such that inquisition against me & the truth was illegal according to our rules.

So yah, don't get close to the guy or anyone supporting him even with a 10 foot pole.

• Like 2

Oooo Shiny.. I always wanted one of these threads. Can't wait to see what all kinds of fun stories pop up. Please though support your stories with logs and screenshots because hypotheticals and what you heard/believe are two very different things. It also makes this whole thread that much more interesting.

"Protected" by staff? No. I'd say that I haven't ever been smacked with a permanent banhammer because no one has yet to actually submit full truths and I have yet to actually do anything wrong. Note I said permanent, I did catch that few day temp ban because I used the valrei lightening spell but that's a long old story (so much fun you can have with that spell). Now Original Aetherwalker, that guy is a genius at getting banned - only person I know to get two accounts banned worth more then half this threads wurm career bundled together and for the same reason to.

So since I don't actually play anymore (seriously, I really dont), I really could careless what is posted here - so have fun. Let the stories continue and please include stories of Aetherwalker; we're both reading this as the final chapter to our long careers here at Wurm Online summed together.  

Fun question: In the 5-7 years I have played this game, can anyone guess how much money has gone through my paypal? 

1 minute ago, Ruger said:

Oooo Shiny.. I always wanted one of these threads. Can't wait to see what all kinds of fun stories pop up. Please though support your stories with logs and screenshots because hypotheticals and what you heard/believe are two very different things. It also makes this whole thread that much more interesting.

"Protected" by staff? No. I'd say that I haven't ever been smacked with a permanent banhammer because no one has yet to actually submit full truths and I have yet to actually do anything wrong. Note I said permanent, I did catch that few day temp ban because I used the valrei lightening spell but that's a long old story (so much fun you can have with that spell). Now Original Aetherwalker, that guy is a genius at getting banned - only person I know to get two accounts banned worth more then half this threads wurm career bundled together and for the same reason to.

So since I don't actually play anymore (seriously, I really dont), I really could careless what is posted here - so have fun. Let the stories continue and please include stories of Aetherwalker; we're both reading this as the final chapter to our long careers here at Wurm Online summed together.  

Fun question: In the 5-7 years I have played this game, can anyone guess how much money has gone through my paypal? 

here come dat boi

Just now, Huntar said:

here come dat boi

Well of course, when I heard I finally got a thread I had to come look. Who passes up such an oppurtunity? 

Can you please reformat your post as:

"Sorry, you guys have this all wrong. I acquired the drake and scale from ______, and sold them at below market rates because _______"

Spoiler
Logging started 2016-06-14
[18:17:43] <Alexisrose> Well I still see your still most lively person ever. Hows wurm been last 2 years?
[18:19:08] <Niki> good :P
[18:19:23] <Alexisrose> Truthfully, this game going to . or nah?
[18:19:33] <Niki> its worth coming back
[18:19:46] <Niki> rifts are pretty neat
[18:19:52] <Alexisrose> I dont wanna spend the hours trying to recover all my accounts cause i cant remember rugers login for . and its not associated with an email for some reason
[18:20:07] <Niki> I thought you sold it?
[18:20:11] <Alexisrose> but spend hours coming back and its blah, same old ., and development is stale as hell
[18:20:26] <Alexisrose> No. No one would pay the price for it.
[18:20:28] <Niki> Or was that neoruger crap fake
[18:20:30] <Niki> figured..
[18:20:49] <Alexisrose> I havent played in 2 years, thats 100% true
[18:20:55] <Niki> your friend still plays in deli
[18:21:06] <Niki> your in her village i bet?
[18:21:28] <Niki> facedancer
[18:21:37] <Alexisrose> I dont even know that name...
[18:21:46] <Niki> really?
[18:21:58] <Alexisrose> Last village I lived in was valley of the damned lol
[18:22:06] <Alexisrose> Swear to god. lol
[18:22:18] <Niki> maybe she is a freind of aetherwalker
[18:22:25] <Niki> could of sworn you were also
[18:22:35] <Alexisrose> I havent lived on deliverance since I played as Jup and Trenith in Rivendale with rudie
[18:22:47] <Niki> I tend to know a lot, i have a curse of a memory
[18:23:24] <Niki> and your right people dont like me because of how easily i see through the bs
[18:23:36] <Alexisrose> As far as neoruger, I never sold ruger, he was lent out for a period then that person stopped playing wurm
[18:23:52] <Niki> gotcha
[18:24:00] <Niki> your account is worth a lot now
[18:24:07] <Niki> considering how rare valrei is
[18:24:13] <Alexisrose> No you were a snobby player when you were a new boot, price gouged to high hell, few other things.
[18:24:25] <Alexisrose> What do you mean how rare it is?
[18:24:31] <Alexisrose> You dont get one per kill no more?
[18:24:40] <Niki> right i've lowered my prices a lot now
[18:25:06] <Niki> I feel like there far to uncommon now
[18:25:32] <Alexisrose> Or have slayings publicly become uncommon
[18:25:47] <Niki> uncommon, and they don't always drop one now
[18:27:59] <Niki> I play a lot of final fantasy 14 now
[18:28:06] <Niki> really dont play wurm much anymore
[18:28:26] <Alexisrose> This games gone stagnant hasnt it
-sniped a bit of the log because it was inappropriate-
[18:34:11] <Alexisrose> who is gm astarte?
[18:34:16] <Niki> no idea
-snip-
[18:38:43] <Alexisrose> I sold my computer in june of 14 when I quit.
[18:38:51] <Alexisrose> Checked forums very very rarely.
[18:39:04] <Niki> oh
[18:39:29] <Alexisrose> Moved to houston in aug of 14. Been busy as hell opening finance ofice, studying for investment licenses, etc.
[18:41:54] <Niki> you should play for a month, a lot of people are coming back
[18:42:08] <Alexisrose> I will if I can get Ruger back
[18:42:11] <Niki> if you need anything crazy let me know
[18:42:17] <Alexisrose> Apparently it was banned last year.
[18:42:34] <Niki> wait why?
[18:42:47] <Alexisrose> So I have to do a stupid ucking appeal which means Im going to have to get my old hdd's out and dig logs out and .
[18:43:51] <Niki> your friend must of did something bad
[18:44:11] <Alexisrose> Yeah. Talking with astarte now getting it all sorted
[18:44:22] <Alexisrose> And will have to run an appeal up to enki
[18:44:34] <Niki> there is still drama in wurm, read that Niru thread in town square
[18:44:42] <Niki> you can see how much i got scammed by him
[18:44:59] <Niki> he scammed everyone really
[18:47:34] <Alexisrose> Oh I diantly oudn that
[18:47:44] <Alexisrose> I ran to my paypal fast as .
[18:47:58] <Niki> I don't recommend using paypal
[18:48:01] <Niki> anymore..
[18:48:10] <Niki> just accept silver coins
[18:48:53] <Alexisrose> Im not caring about the politics and selling . business.
[18:49:05] <Alexisrose> At least for real money.
[18:49:25] <Alexisrose> Me playing master merchant is what .ed lot people off.
[18:49:40] <Alexisrose> When you make nearly 100,000e playing this game
[18:49:46] <Alexisrose> you tend to . lotta olks off
[18:50:26] <Alexisrose> 6 years playing this game. I never once played it legitly in terms of leveling my own character
[18:50:32] <Alexisrose> Building most my own ., etc.
[18:50:45] <Alexisrose> Id buy accounts, make use of their skills real quick, then flip.
[18:51:00] <Alexisrose> I only have 2 accounts that I personally leveled and thats Trenith and Ruger
[18:51:09] <Alexisrose> But Ive owned well over 50 accounts

[18:53:39] <Alexisrose> Logging for a bit. Good seeing ya again.

From that pastebin in that post. Oh and guess what, there is a date on it.

17 hours ago, Niki said:

[...]

[18:49:40] <Alexisrose> When you make nearly 100,000e playing this game

Do that answer your question ? or is the 3K euros worth of valrei items on the banned ruger account enough to credit you ?

26 minutes ago, Ruger said:

So since I don't actually play anymore (seriously, I really dont), I really could careless what is posted here

Please stay away then, like far far away.

• Like 1

100k euros in 7 years well that is quite lame... Compared to the ingame playtime hours he spent in this game, even a part time cleaning job would bring more money.

So maybe become a room cleaner instead of scamming people next time, brings you more money too if you care about money. How can he brag with 100k in 7 years lol, funny story.

Edited by Sklo:D

2 minutes ago, Sklo:D said:

100k euros in 7 years well that is quite lame... Compared to the ingame playtime hours he spent in this game, even a part time cleaning job would bring more money.

My ingame play time defiantly doesnt even total a two years. Not even close. Ive never actually raised a skill other then digging passed level 50 unless you count fighting, I did do that one a few times.

Even just one year playtime would be almost a loss for you... Not sure what different jobs are paid in the US though, it would be a loss in my country.

Edit: 

100.000E

I belive you when you say not 2 years playtime but let's say 500 days * 24h = 12.000 hours of gameplay maybe even more if we include forum work.

100.000E / 12.000 hours = 8.33333 E/hour so seriously become a room cleaner...

Edited by Sklo:D

Sure if you say so. I'd say $120,000 for two years avg. play time being 8 hrs a day - 5 days a week. I'd say $28/hr of me playing wurm isn't bad wages. 

And it all started with 1 gold. :P

Since you quit and made fat stacks. Tintin was your old forum account, can you confirm you sold the account Rara to Tronn?

Just now, MetalDragon said:

Since you quit and made fat stacks. Tintin was your old forum account, can you confirm you sold the account Rara to Tronn?

I can't because it wasn't actually ever sold to him. Which is why I logged in the forum account so I could grab logs and screenshots to give to Enki as well as backing it with paypal statements.

Sorry bud, didn't steal from you. You did however say the Rara character invited "slimmyballs"(?) into the village and took your magic chest and items? Could you post a screenshot of that invite, least you could do is back anything you and proph are saying with logs or screenshots of that.

2 minutes ago, Ruger said:

I can't because it wasn't actually ever sold to him. Which is why I logged in the forum account so I could grab logs and screenshots to give to Enki as well as backing it with paypal statements.

Sorry bud, didn't steal from you. You did however say the Rara character invited "slimmyballs"(?) into the village and took your magic chest and items? Could you post a screenshot of that invite, least you could do is back anything you and proph are saying with logs or screenshots of that.

I shouldve, but then again, i trusted you when you said "I sold that account months ago."

I think the reputation of the individuals in this thread will be enough to accomplish what we are looking for, which is just the general acknowledgement of you being a thief and a liar, not so much getting the items returned.

4 minutes ago, Propheteer said:

I shouldve, but then again, i trusted you when you said "I sold that account months ago."

I think the reputation of the individuals in this thread will be enough to accomplish what we are looking for, which is just the general acknowledgement of you being a thief and a liar, not so much getting the items returned.

Which account?

8 minutes ago, Ruger said:

That post alone confirms your helped yourself to all my gear unless you have a perfect story behind that too.

I'm not going to argue the fact you sold the account as we've already established you're a compulsive bullshitter.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MetalDragon said:

That post alone confirms your helped yourself to all my gear unless you have a perfect story behind that too.

I'm not going to argue the fact you sold the account as we've already established you're a compulsive bullshitter.

How does that post alone confirm that? Did you physically see me log into Rara and pickup anything? Did you physically see me ride off into the sunset with anything? Did you physically see these items laying around any deed I own? You just said Rara invited a character named Slimmyballs into the village and they cleaned you out. Im asking if you can show proof of that and you can't even do that. But Im the bullshitter?

Honestly MD it doesn't matter even if he sold the account or not. He had access to your stuff through an account he still had access to. As far as the GMs are concerned anyway, it's all legit.

Obviously I think that ruling is complete ######, having been on the receiving end of that many times.

Edited by Redd
  • Like 5

Shitty stuff like this just seems to keep on happening and it's a real shame, especially since the GMs never seem to do anything to return the items. I hope some, if not all, of this stolen gear will end up back in the hands of MD. On one hand I'm glad I'm the only one who can access my gear (as it's on an alt with a unique password), not even my closest in game friends can access that stuff as they are all human and humans make mistakes. On the other hand it's a shame one must go to such extremes to keep his/her stuff safe as it seems the game's staff won't do anything useful to help the victims of such thefts. It's no wonder the player count keeps on tanking.

1 minute ago, Ecrir said:

Shitty stuff like this just seems to keep on happening and it's a real shame, especially since the GMs never seem to do anything to return the items. I hope some, if not all, of this stolen gear will end up back in the hands of MD. On one hand I'm glad I'm the only one who can access my gear (as it's on an alt with a unique password), not even my closest in game friends can access that stuff as they are all human and humans make mistakes. On the other hand it's a shame one must go to such extremes to keep his/her stuff safe as it seems the game's staff won't do anything useful to help the victims of such thefts. It's no wonder the player count keeps on tanking.

If things were actually taken, which no evidence of anything being taken has been made yet - its all circumstantial and im entertaining the hell out of it -, it sounds like it was all done because MD made poor use of his permissions system. A magic chest with a lock, requires permissions right? A house, requires permissions right? Didn't they just make a very indepth new permission system? Doesnt said new permission system allow you to set villager, nonvillager, and even specific player permissions? Sounds like MD didn't set his permissions properly.

17 minutes ago, Ruger said:

If things were actually taken, which no evidence of anything being taken has been made yet - its all circumstantial and im entertaining the hell out of it -, it sounds like it was all done because MD made poor use of his permissions system. A magic chest with a lock, requires permissions right? A house, requires permissions right? Didn't they just make a very indepth new permission system? Doesnt said new permission system allow you to set villager, nonvillager, and even specific player permissions? Sounds like MD didn't set his permissions properly.

AvQWCtS.png

Edited by Huntar
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ruger said:

After the ###### you pulled at Deathfell all I see his ###### spewing out of your mouth.

7 minutes ago, Huntar said:

stop post

Alright I will. Can yall at least make this thread more  entertaining by providing logs, screenshots, etc. of anything I am accussed of? I mean support tickets were filed, least people could do is even provide those and show how they lost because they didnt give the truth and nothing but the truth, instead got caught in they own lies and ######. If we're going to name and shame, let's put it all on the table as accurately as possible for the record please. Thanks.

38 minutes ago, Redd said:

Honestly MD it doesn't matter even if he sold the account or not. He had access to your stuff through an account he still had access to. As far as the GMs are concerned anyway, it's all legit.

Obviously I think that ruling is complete ######, having been on the receiving end of that many times.

Its a really shitty situation but I don't think there is a real good solution to GM's getting involved in situations like this. If GM's were to start getting involved and taking sides and returning items it would cause more issues than now. Also the information the GM's have accesss to is limited to Wurm, they have no true proof of paypal logs and such. Screenshots of logs are so easy to fake. 

Probably not a popular opinion but I'd much rather them have no involvement in issues like this than let every little johnny in this game dispute every transaction and waste the GM's time and possibly get items back that were sold via a legit transaction. Say in this case, obvious this scum bag stole drake,scale,account, whats the solution if the GM's do get involved? Do they go find those sets of scale that are now sold and take them back ? Do they get reimbursed? Do we give them a new set of scale? all of these options are bad and would anger a lot of people as it would dilute the economy which is a major feature of this game.

So as I do think this is a shitty situation I have no sympathy for the account holder who didn't properly secure his account. You can blame no one but yourself when you get your account stolen back if you don't change the email/pass right away. As for MD thats the only one I feel bad for he was caught in the blast radius and it sucks. 

• Like 1

All the tools the game has to give a person to keep stuff safe and still people being people. 

Wonder how much drama before GM"s just get sick of tickets and say ok " Selling items / accounts  is too hard for people , NO MORE SELLING of accounts. 

As a seller of a couple accounts ( which I regret )  I took the time , like 2 min , walked the buyer through changing the passwords , emails.  It really is not that hard, 5 min of forum searching , googling is pretty easy for 99% of most things Wurm.

Sorry you lost your stuff man, Thief's really do suck but putting even more work on a limit team is bad too when we have all the tools to keep our stuff safe.

You're right, there is many things the devs have given us to protect our stuff.

Im not in any way saying it the staffs fault for stuff like this, but generally speaking examples like this is what makes people quit the game.

For what I can only imagine is a few hours of time by the GM's could save Rolf a number of premium chars from dropping out of subs. This might seem trivial, but given the fact Wurm is loosing ~200 premium accounts a month, you'd think even saving 1 person from quitting through human error would be top of the list.

When I had my stuff stolen I ramped down from premming 4 chars through the shop to premming 1 on silver. That's ~300 euros Rolf is losing out on just because of rulings like this.

If I were Rolf I'd look at the player graphs and look to see what he can do about it. A very in depth look of the GMs decisions would be high up my list because it could be one of the reasons for loss of players (Please note GMs I'm not saying you're at fault for people leaving, it's just you COULD do something to stop it).

Edited by Redd
  • Like 1