Sign in to follow this  
Fairyshine

Disband email warnings to mayor, flower seeds

Some suggestions

1. We get emails to warn us if our premium time is about to expire...why don't we get email messages to warn us if our deed is about to expire?  

2. I have been scouring the server for some specific flowers, and wondered why we can't create seeds out of the flowers so we can sow two patches?  I would like to suggest that if we create two seeds out of one bunch of flowers, the tiles we sow the flowers on, won't disappear like regular flowers do.  Instead, that tile will remain as the flowers we sowed them forever, until we harvest them, an animal packs it or a tree grows there.  

3. Foraging item "exquisite eggs":  I have asked for this before, but please put eggs into the foraged items...eggs that actually hatch into other (more exotic) bird types when added to a bird cage, for example parrots, falcons,  canaries, cockatoos, peacocks...

4. Dresses, ribbons for hair, flower crowns and clips made with jewels which can be worn in our hair.  

5. An item we can buy from traders with which we can change our appearance (since mirrors are not longer tradable.)

6. Cross server alliances/group-chat windows on PvE - We have many friends who live on other servers, this would be a great addition to social interaction.

7. Lastly, since it has been noted as an intended change, please take this as a suggestion:  Change carts and wagons so they follow the terrain under them. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Fairyshine said:

6. Cross server alliances/group-chat windows on PvE - We have many friends who live on other servers, this would be a great addition to social interaction.

+111111111111111111111111111111111111111

• Like 2

IRC is built into the client you can set up a channel (and password if desired) and also set irc to auto run when logging in and auto join the proposed channel and share the information with those others you want in there.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SmeJack said:

IRC is built into the client you can set up a channel (and password if desired) and also set irc to auto run when logging in and auto join the proposed channel and share the information with those others you want in there.

How would one go about setting this up?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mykoal said:

How would one go about setting this up?

I don't know about creating a room (though I believe it's pretty easy) but as far as the auto joining goes, find this file in your Wurm directory: PlayerFiles -> configs -> default -> autorun.txt

Add the following two lines (leave the password bit out if there's no password):

IRC
 IRCSAY /join #roomname password

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hordern said:

I don't know about creating a room (though I believe it's pretty easy) but as far as the auto joining goes, find this file in your Wurm directory: PlayerFiles -> configs -> default -> autorun.txt

Add the following two lines (leave the password bit out if there's no password):

IRC
 IRCSAY /join #roomname password

I guess this is the issue.  It is possible but really complicated.  I am asking for a tab that will just pop up when we log in, containing the added names from cross server friends/allies as a group.

19 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

I guess this is the issue.  It is possible but really complicated.  I am asking for a tab that will just pop up when we log in, containing the added names from cross server friends/allies as a group.

Oh, it's not complicated at all. We are using this in our alliance after some members moved to Xanadu. Just add 2 lines to autorun.txt - done! :)

On 8/14/2016 at 9:51 PM, Fairyshine said:

its called TEAMSPEAK... 

2 minutes ago, Evilreaper said:

its called TEAMSPEAK... 

It is really cool to make suggestions about voice chat options outside the game, thank you for your contribution, but to repeat myself: I am asking for an IN GAME tab similar to alliance chat (but with cross server alliance members) that will pop up when we log in....

4 hours ago, Fairyshine said:

It is really cool to make suggestions about voice chat options outside the game, thank you for your contribution, but to repeat myself: I am asking for an IN GAME tab similar to alliance chat (but with cross server alliance members) that will pop up when we log in....

as alliances and deeds are server specific, introducing a cross server alliance system would be.. problematic.

I believe there's some guides around to IRC and creating your own room in that, that would also allow people to talk while not ingame too, which is an added bonus (can password protect the room, or setup an invite only system)

If you'd like any help with that let me know and I'd be glad to

Hi Retro

That would be great, please refer me to the guides and hopefully I can figure it out, otherwise I will pm you.

How about all the other suggestions made here?   The email to warn of a deed about to disband would have saved at least two deeds I know of, from friends.

The other suggestions are mostly new but the cart not following terrain was an intended change but unfortunately annoying to the max and would like to know if there is any plan getting this fixed?

Thanks for responding Retro.

On 8/14/2016 at 3:02 AM, Fairyshine said:

1. We get emails to warn us if our premium time is about to expire...why don't we get email messages to warn us if our deed is about to expire?  

Use the built in twitter for your deed.