Sign in to follow this  
Audrel

[Fixed]Camera Freeze Mounting Vehicles (cart, wagon, boats, etc.)

My priest, Dalvea, mounted a cart 4 times tonight. All 4 times, the camera froze and I had to relog. 

• Like 2

This happens a lot with me also, embarquing any veicle. Need to relog constantly to fix it.

Would be nice to see it fixed.

• Like 2

We already have this logged as a bug but more details would be helpful.

A.  Is this as commander only or passenger as well?

B.  Is this all the time or only sometimes?

C.  Where is the vehicle when this happens?  ie.  close to a fence, close to a tree, in a house, in a mine

D.  Is this only after you've been online for a long period of time?

E.  Does it happen after you've disconnected and reconnected?

F.  Were you on another vehicle or mount (boat, wagon, horse, crocodile) within the same gaming session?

G.  Did you have multiple clients logged in on the same computer at the time?

H.  Stable or unstable client or both? - if unstable, please add the version number.

Since this doesn't happen all the time and doesn't happen to everyone, it's very hard to reproduce.  This doesn't mean it's not happening, it just means I can't do it 100% of the time and give exact repro steps to the devs so that they can see for themselves.

If you have any clues as to how to get this to happen on purpose, please let me know.

Edited by Alectrys
Added H to see if client makes a difference.

A. Passenger all 4 times. 2nd passenger in fact. One passenger was already boarded.

B. It happened every time I boarded the cart last night. 4 times out of 4 mounts.

C. The first 2 times were at a dragon fight on Release. It was crowded with people but we were a couple tiles from any fences and there were no trees around.

D. The first time, I had been online about an hour. The next 2 times, I had just relogged from getting my camera stuck so had been on less than a minute. The 4th time was after we rode home, so about 20 minutes later.

E. Yes, 3 of them did.

F. No.

G. No

I guess the only thing different was that I was the 2nd passenger this time. Most times, it's just me and the driver. The 1st passenger did not freeze that I am aware of.

Having this problem as well, also happens when boarding a boat...

A. Only tried with commander

B. Happening every time - as long as there is a period of time between leaving cart and boarding. Re-boarding after 5 minutes causes the problem, but less than a minute does not seem to be a problem

C. In the open - not close to tree, first time was close to water..

D. First time was after about an hour (boarding boat), restarted and then happened again 20 minutes later changing from boat to cart.

E. Yes. When it happens the only way to fix it is to reconnect

F. Yes - but the initial cart journey and then switching to boat didn't have this problem.

G. No.

N.B. the first part of the journey mentioned in F was with the unstable client, before switching back to the stable client as the problem with the boat disappearing/reappearing is distracting. The boarding problem only appears to happen with the stable client.

Thanks Audrel and Wulfmaer.  I've added an H to my post to record client as well in case that makes a difference.

I've had the issue happen plenty of times as well

A.  Is this as commander only or passenger as well?   Commander 

B.  Is this all the time or only sometimes?   Sometimes

C.  Where is the vehicle when this happens? In a house, in a mine, outside anywhere. It's been several tiles away from anything to right beside.

D.  Is this only after you've been online for a long period of time? Seems random to me. Had it right after log or after a time.

E.  Does it happen after you've disconnected and reconnected? Never noticed happening after a reconnect. 

F.  Were you on another vehicle or mount (boat, wagon, horse, crocodile) within the same gaming session? Sometimes. I've had it happen unmount vehicle to do something and remount it. It's happened right after logging in and the first thing I've mounted for the day.

G.  Did you have multiple clients logged in on the same computer at the time? No

H.  Stable or unstable client or both? - if unstable, please add the version number. It's happened in the past on both. Not sure version numbers. Last time it happened to me was about a month ago on stable.

please, happens to me every day when i try to embark a wagon / sailboat / horse...

doesnt matter if commander or passenger, its both where it bugs

please fix this D:

Happens to me infrequently, still.

I couldn't believe it still wasn't/couldn't be fixed when it started happening again. Just searching for "embark" in the client bugs forum brings up a ton of related results. It's been reported repeatedly, including by myself, and it's happening in the 4.00-d4c9045 (latest) unstable client as well.

The life span of this bug is past the point of ridiculous ;b

Never happened to me before, but has happened twice to me 2 days ago.

Commander of row boat in both cases

First time it happened to me, then twice in the same gaming session

C.  Where is the vehicle when this happens?  ie.  close to a fence, close to a tree, in a house, in a mine

Boat on water, surface, no mine, nothing special about the spot, no structures anywhere close

Happened to me after about 1 hour, thus not a long time

No disconnect before

F.  Were you on another vehicle or mount (boat, wagon, horse, crocodile) within the same gaming session?

Yes. on the same boat, used it to travel, all fine, client freeze when embarking the row boat for return trip, relog, then return trip

About 30 minutes later embarked the same boat to sail to an ally deed, client freeze again, relog, then used the boat for trip and return trip home

No, single client

H.  Stable or unstable client or both? - if unstable, please add the version number.

Stable client, Linux OS and Java 32-bit

A. Can comfirm that this does indeed happen when embarking as passenger as well. In fact it happened just now

B. Doesn't always happen, usually only when it really matters and you're already pissed off by some other bug

C. Standing on undeeded grass out in butt nowhere

D. Been online for less than 20 minutes

E. I've only logged in and out on purpose today

F. No, this is the same cart as I sat on earlier

G. This time yes, but it happens regardless in my experience

H. The stable client. The unstable only kicks people constantly and the launcher has that ugly look with the invisible bars you need to guess where to grab if you want to move it on the screen, so not using that one

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

Had another freeze embarking my boot, about the same circumstances like in my post above.

More importantly I also had a freeze going to sit on a stool in my workshop ...

This is getting really frustrating. Especially when your hell horse disappears after you try to fix it with a quick relog and have to wait until you leave the world before it pops up again. You dont even dare to seek out pvp with these circumstances. I dont see a pattern to when or how it happens, seems random, but for the love of spaghetti monster please fix it - cause its gamebreaking and makes me not wanna play.

• Like 1

Commander 

Its happened to me a million times, but probably only 5% of the time, if that

doesn't matter

seems so

it seems more likely to happen after you've closed a client, and reconnected while staying logged into the world (leaving the world fixes the problem and once it happens you've gotta logout for lotime or it continues to happen in that session, in my experience)

my friend and I had this happen about 8 times in 30 minutes (separate horses ofc, but I think both of us logged out to clear desync, but didn't leave world)

no

no

Stable client

aside from horses getting stuck on every wall because of desync issues, and horses disappearing into cave walls when you clip the walls this is probably the most annoying bug in the game for me and it makes the game almost unbearable

Edited by platinumteef

This seems to be getting a lot worse...

- as commander

- quite frequently, takes a number of client restart to sort out as the cart is still frozen on start-up

- currently off deed terraforming a new road

- no, happen on client restart as well

- yes

- no

- no

- stable 3.99ze

26 minutes ago, permo said:

yey embark bug=need to relog during pvp... also had desync and local bug before that, but gg :)

10 minutes ago, permo said:

well im not gonna play until they fix embark-bug. almost killed me once before and now it finally got me...

another pvp death due to this bug, and a death that permanently alters the character (champ life loss)

Happens on a daily basis to me and most of the people I play with. Probably related to the perms system if I was a guessing man

Hello, I've become aware of this bug today, for me it happened when I mounted a horse. Camera became fixed, I couldn't see the floor to dismount so I re-logged and the client placed me off the horse nearby.

A.  Is this as commander only or passenger as well? -> N/A for horse.

B.  Is this all the time or only sometimes? -> It has only happened once to me.

C.  Where is the vehicle when this happens?  ie.  close to a fence, close to a tree, in a house, in a mine -> I was in a mine. horse was parked near-ish a wall and torch but not clipping inside it.

D.  Is this only after you've been online for a long period of time? -> I was online perhaps an hour or slightly more before it happened.

E.  Does it happen after you've disconnected and reconnected? -> I reloaded the client a few times during the session due to another bug with the screen white-ing out when I tab away but not close to the time of this bug occuring.

F.  Were you on another vehicle or mount (boat, wagon, horse, crocodile) within the same gaming session? -> A small sailing boat prior to the horse.

G.  Did you have multiple clients logged in on the same computer at the time? -> No

H.  Stable or unstable client or both? - if unstable, please add the version number. -> Stable Client.

Hope this is helpful to you :)

commander

almost all time

inside mines, inside house, in highway, everywhere

no less than 20 minute

i need reconnect cause cart doesnt move, sometimes need reconnect twic

no

no

stable

Just had the problem with the unstable client 4.00-18ab465 - otherwise the details are the same as in my last post above.

Have had it happen also , but noticed that it may be due to key functions.

I use mouse left mouse button to look often with Q,W,E to move  , so not sure if that may be it.

I have not remapped any of them keys , yes I looked.

Seems to happen after getting on or off cart ,horse if DC/reconnects and ships.

I have this happen to me on a regular basis..usually after I have been doing something for awhile then decide to get on a cart, wagon or boat then it freezes. I expect it every 3 days of gameplay now and miss it if it doesn't happen. "Without bugs we can't go phishing" jk. I have to restart my game then "Close" everything in order to open it up for use.

8+ times today, cart, wagon, row boat - doesnt matter where or what I am doing. Tried standing still, running. waiting 30 seconds....bugs when I embark.