Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

Allow Village Mayors Option to Take Ownership of On Deed Buildings

I can see your point there JakeRivers. To accommodate a situation like this if another person is granted permission to start a building on a deed then immediately after it could automatically be transferred over to the Mayor by the deed mechanics. A system like I suggested with this added ability would then assure that every building on the deed belonged to the Mayor of it. When the deed is sold then the new Mayor would also automatically control (own) every building on it as well.

=Ayes=

• Like 1

Would be great if someone could just direct Tich to this topic, even if we all want her busy with that cooking stuff she works on...

Agree with some comments here myself.

I don't think it should be full ownership but the ability to remove in xxdays.

When you become a mayor you should get some setting/option where you can see all buildings built within your deed border. Obviously if you have ownership this wont matter but if you do not have ownership you should be able to give a eviction notice of x days then the building auto-destroys. This avoids Mayors being able to sneaky things but gives them the right to take their land back due to inactivity.

Wurm Eviction Notice

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Touchmee said:

Agree with some comments here myself.

I don't think it should be full ownership but the ability to remove in xxdays.

When you become a mayor you should get some setting/option where you can see all buildings built within your deed border. Obviously if you have ownership this wont matter but if you do not have ownership you should be able to give a eviction notice of x days then the building auto-destroys. This avoids Mayors being able to sneaky things but gives them the right to take their land back due to inactivity.

Wurm Eviction Notice

This sounds like the ideal solution.

Would be good thou, if a mayor disband his deed, if the houses would become property of the people that live in them.

Make the prime owner the mayor and secondary owner the builder/person that finnishes bottom floor walls.

Eviction Notice! Good idea.

Everything else, has principle and security concerns with slyboots mayors.

E.N's would go out by email, and if the owner really doesn'y get back to an email in X days, then really... he's either not caring, or dilligaffing or in the hospital...

I see a lot of 'who cares if they log on or not if they've paid for premium / rent whatever for 6 months'

The major problem stems from the fact that as mayor and not owner of said buildings you can not resize or redeed and in fact become hostage to when or even in some cases IF the owner of these buildings log on.

If it's a matter of trust look at is this way, the mayor is trusting these folks enough to invite them to a village, so the trust should also be that the player trusts the mayor.

A default ownership of All buildings created on a deed to the mayor, even as a sub owner to demolish the building even, is needed.

Again why should you as a mayor be held hostage to resizing or expanding your deed just cause MrSmith hasn't logged on in 7 months and you can't destroy that little 1x1 shack he built on deed.

• Like 1

I shudder at the thought of having to wait 6 months for some 'evictiion' to happen if needed. Things can come up suddenly and the mayor should never be screwed over due to a single building on his deed being without management, especially if for some reason the upkeep on the deed lasped!

For everyone's sanity, please make this a option!

Give deed mayor's the option for full control of all village housing.

• Like 1

+1

If someone build building on your deed, you automatically get ownership. Builder only gets manage option.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 11:29 AM, Stormblade said:

The major problem stems from the fact that as mayor and not owner of said buildings you can not resize or redeed and in fact become hostage to when or even in some cases IF the owner of these buildings log on.

This is something else to think about. Why should not owning all the buildings prevent the Mayor from resizing it? Maybe just remove that restriction and all will be well, since then there would be no need for the Mayor to own them.

=Ayes=

Well the resizing is tied in so you don't deed over someone's off deed building on them. Which is a good thing.

But the mayor should have control of anything built on his deed, this includes colossus which seems to irritate people to no end.

• Like 2

This is a important issue, fences and mine doors have this already, make it a thing for buildings too.

Perhaps the term 'Mayor' is the wrong title for a deed owner, because that is exactly what the person is on most of the deeds anyways with the rare exception of the democratic deeds (I have seen at least one of these during my time playing wurm).

A deed owner can boot anyone from there deed at any time, and bash any building on same deed at any time. Giving the Owner of the deed the ability to take ownership of a building on his/her deed does not detract from a security perspective of whoever owned that building in the first place.

Bring to an end the senseless bashing of buildings deed owners have allowed other members of there deed to build who have moved on or quit playing the game.

Guys from WarCry (epic -> elevation -> MR) got this problem some time ago.

Deed was sold to a guy, then after few months they got it back, but didn't get ownerhip to the large part of the houses, thus they were forced to cata all houses that were missing.

I have to +1 this. I invite people to the game time and time again, then they leave and never return and I'm stuck bashing their walls down.

I like the notion of an eviction notice.  I can see how 6 months would really be excessive, but maybe it could be an option set by the mayor at deed creation so that it is a known entity to the villager when he/she joins the village.

Or a contract/writ created between villager and mayor at house creation might be better.

What if the mayor is able to hand out build rights per tile (or preset chunk)?  Player X could be given these eight particular tiles (2x 4-tile chunks), held to permissions of a given role.  Grace period for eviction would be one of the variables mayor and villager would need to agree to much like trades function.  Both click agreed, contract formed.

Either way, +1 to giving mayor complete control over their own existing deed if not set to democracy.  Reasonable grace period and notice are probably a good idea.

Edited by Reylaark
"existing" and removal of dead space

My deed is a dictatorship and if needed I want to be able to take over buildings abandoned by missing villagers.

+1, but theres more than just the buildings that are on deed. Mayors should be able to ride the carts, ships, any vehicle on deed, but then be kicked off when they are no longer on the deed. Carts from inactive players can be just as annoying

So if I park my boat/cart/wagon on your deed, you want rights to steal it?  Um, no.  -1

1 hour ago, Yiraia said:

+1, but theres more than just the buildings that are on deed. Mayors should be able to ride the carts, ships, any vehicle on deed, but then be kicked off when they are no longer on the deed. Carts from inactive players can be just as annoying

uh no to this

you can ask a gm to move that off your deed (if no animals are hitched or moored, you can speed push yourself it into a perimeter as well)

Edited by JakeRivers

On 11/29/2016 at 5:05 PM, JakeRivers said:

Well the resizing is tied in so you don't deed over someone's off deed building on them. Which is a good thing.

But the mayor should have control of anything built on his deed, this includes colossus which seems to irritate people to no end.

This. 

Perhaps tie it to the village settings with regards to the following:

In villages which are dictatorships, make it so the mayor owns all buildings.  Definition for dictatorship: "Absolute, imperious, or overbearing power or control." 

In democracies, there can be different rules and people can own their own.  Definition of democracy:  " A state of society characterized by formal equality of rights and privileges." 

Edited by Fairyshine