Sign in to follow this  

Bees!?! Thank you so much! But please don't let it just be wild bees, please let us build apiaries too!

• Like 2

Wonderful update. Sorry if this answer has been given, but is there any chance of being able to do cooked fish and fsb them in the future? I only ask since this update is focused on cooking and so I hope it is appropriate to ask.

• Like 4

Really looking forward to this update. I do hope that decay can be greatly reduced in some manner (or is greatly reduced by default compared to the current decay rate) so that cooks can actually sell the stuff which they made. Currently the decay is so high that most of the time selling meals and such simply isn't feasible.

• Like 1

In before affinities for allergy to bee stings...

On ‎14‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 0:02 AM, Nomadikhan said:

During WWI, the Germans and Americans stopped fighting on Christmas day, came out of their trenches, and celebrated together.  They crawled back into their defenses and resumed fighting the next day.

Suspend PvP on Chaos for 24hrs at a set date/time.  Allow enemies and friends alike come together to celebrate and honor Duce however they see fit.

We (The GM team) have already discussed this after it was brought up in another thread. We won't be announcing or enforcing any PvP ban. Firstly we feel it's something Duce would never want. He was always among the first to ask 'Do we REALLY need to ban PvP for this?' if we have a situation on a PvP server. He was always against interfering with PvP unless as a last resort. Secondly this kind of thing has happened before with players from opposing kingdoms coming together with no bloodshed to complete a project. This would be a FAR better memorial to him than having a GM or two hovering over the site and zapping anyone who accidentally taps a special moves keybind.

As an afterthought this ties in perfectly with your example you gave above. It was the fighters in the trenches who decided to not shoot each other, it wasn't the generals in the background who said 'no pot-shots today folks'.

• Like 1

"Herbs are currently found via botanizing, a popular suggestion has been for the implementation of herb gardens, will herbs play an important part in cooking and will it be possible to farm them?"
Not able to be farmed, but there will be planters that they can be planted in, which will produce herbs over time (for a while). These pots will also be able to be used to grow spices (well most of them).

Holy crap this update sounds amazing. Thanks devs!

On 8/12/2016 at 11:51 AM, Retrograde said:

Will skilling cooking be different in the future?
Only in the fact that you will not be able use nails...

So much for iron supplements! :lol:

On the cover photo, you have text on signs. This has been in WU for a while. Is that going live here? (Hidden hint??)

2 hours ago, Audrel said:

So much for iron supplements! :lol:

On the cover photo, you have text on signs. This has been in WU for a while. Is that going live here? (Hidden hint??)

It's been in WO for a considerable length of time (I know it was removed again for a shirt while after it's first addition due to issues). Must be a setting somewhere, or perhaps one needs to use Unstable rather than Stable or something like that?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Hordern said:

It's been in WO for a considerable length of time (I know it was removed again for a shirt while after it's first addition due to issues). Must be a setting somewhere, or perhaps one needs to use Unstable rather than Stable or something like that?

I'll have to see if it is back on. I love the text signs!

41 minutes ago, Hordern said:

I've literally never seen it. From what devs were saying in IRC, it was disabled a while back in WO due to problems with clients set to use low texture size.

Could have sworn I've had 'Love tile' showing on my sign on my deed for ages. I'm not able to log in at this time, so I'll check next time. I remember it being disabled (that was a couple of years ago or something!) but thought that was only for a short while, or that it was re-enabled for large signs but not for small...

3 hours ago, Hordern said:

Could have sworn I've had 'Love tile' showing on my sign on my deed for ages. I'm not able to log in at this time, so I'll check next time. I remember it being disabled (that was a couple of years ago or something!) but thought that was only for a short while, or that it was re-enabled for large signs but not for small...

It is still disabled - unfortunately. (Only was available on unstable client for a short time. :( )

Signs most definitely render text in vanilla WU client. I'm very surprised it's disabled in WO? Maybe it's a setting somewhere that you're missing?

2 hours ago, bdew said:

Signs most definitely render text in vanilla WU client. I'm very surprised it's disabled in WO? Maybe it's a setting somewhere that you're missing?

I asked the same thing in IRC the other day and was told that it was disables because it was crashing people who had settings on low. I am not sure weather it will be re enabled but I hope it will.

More "immersive" cooking is great for those that have the time to play every day / several days a week, but not so much for the rest of us. When I do have time to play I prefer to do things that I actually enjoy, not forage for ingredients - So I really hope that refresh and sacrificing rares won't be nerfed to "accommodate" to the new cooking system.

3 hours ago, Zachariah said:

I asked the same thing in IRC the other day and was told that it was disables because it was crashing people who had settings on low. I am not sure weather it will be re enabled but I hope it will.

It wasn't crashing people with settings on low, that's an untrue rumour. It was crashing people left and right regardless of settings, because Darkfilo (the guy behind the signs) or one of the other people involved managed to do something with the signs that made them fill up the RAM repeatedly until the clients crashed.

The signs weren't very good though because they never found a way around the QL based number of characters and the limited amount of space on the physical signs, so it wasn't a big loss to have them reverted. That's just my opinion though, but maybe they'll find a solution one day.

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2016 at 9:20 PM, Alyeska said:

With a variety of nutrious parameters,  I hope feeding a very fatty high carb diet will cause your character to visually become fat. And in turn, low carb high protein diet will slim back down. For the sake of variation of course.

But if you take it too far you get rabbit starvation and die :P

On 8/16/2016 at 8:54 AM, Aeris said:

More "immersive" cooking is great for those that have the time to play every day / several days a week, but not so much for the rest of us. When I do have time to play I prefer to do things that I actually enjoy, not forage for ingredients - So I really hope that refresh and sacrificing rares won't be nerfed to "accommodate" to the new cooking system.

Alternative solution to this problem: Features like this will incentivize actually living in a village to the point where more people do that instead of being hermits.

• Like 1

Some people still do not like living in a big village.  If you make it where these 'hermit' towns go south, I think you will find half the game pop gone with alot of upkeep that was being paid into the game gone.  Think that will have as big of an impact as when Rolf flipped the switch to allow pvp on indy.  But who knows.  This is just one hermit's opinion.

5 hours ago, Ostentatio said:

Alternative solution to this problem: Features like this will incentivize actually living in a village to the point where more people do that instead of being hermits.

I live in a village and your solution is ###### and based on presumptions.

• Like 2

I like crawling around in the grass looking for bits of herbs and such, and I like cooking meals, but I am also a bit of a loony as most of you know.  :lol:

I've always loved the idea of a little herb or spice garden.  I'm happy for it to be in planters, though now I might need to re-decorate my kitchen. :rolleyes:

All that being said, I do agree that the refresh ability or other things regarding food and nutrition shouldn't be messed up with.  All this new stuff should be an addition to the experience, but not by subtracting stuff that already works fine for so many.

• Like 1

About that awesome looking still ... such a contraption would only be necessary for spirits, right?  Beer and mead aren't distilled as far as I know.  So liquors are coming too?

21 hours ago, Gaffer said:

About that awesome looking still ... such a contraption would only be necessary for spirits, right?  Beer and mead aren't distilled as far as I know.  So liquors are coming too?

That's what I'm thinking. The still in the photo is literally just a still, y'know, for distilling things, so... presumably distilled stuff is coming?

Sorry to hear about Duce... as I recall, he was the very first GM I ever had respond to a request, and just recently, I believe he was also the last one I saw.  Always very patient and easy to deal with... he will be missed!

Good cooking system: raw and prepared ingredients, recipes, tiers, using of food (resistance food, healing food, boosting, event food like beer and also pipe-weeds).

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/cook

With classical nutrition and quality the system would look even more better .