Sign in to follow this  
cooutlaw119

Furniture for player homes

I just had this come to me we have a handful of furniture items but not nearly enough in my current opinion. Anyone who spends a great deal of time working on their homes spend hours building but once it is done they have any amount of open space. This idea is simple add more furniture and find a way to make things hang able on walls like for example I hunt so I usually have pelts why not hang a prized bear pelt on my wall or perhaps a bow rack that holds my bow. Now it's a little more complicated then just adding cosmetics I like having functionality as well as good looking items. If they added more furniture think of the various storage things you could have access to like let's say a storage shelf for all the various metal lumps that the various smiths use or instead of a barrel of water they can have an actual water trough to temper items in. Now that is just a couple of examples theirs plenty more that could be added to make our homes more pleasant to the eyes and functional it would take loads of work for the development team but it's something that should be considered as it would open up a few different things to make coins as it would mean furniture trade could be a thing since the in game economy is ran by the players so as such it would make sense for more professions to get created so that trade lines and such will allow for players to actually do something worth while and feed the economy.

• Like 5

Yes, many ideas have been put forward about things like glass, pipes, troughs, etc - so many it is hard to list them all.

There are quite a few items of furniture, listed here:

http://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Furniture

However, this list does not include carpets, rugs, tapestries, large chests, armour stands, bow racks, polearms racks, weapon racks (which can also be used for some tools) nor the armour display on walls - the name of which I forget and therefore cannot find on Wurmpedia.   I might have left out a few too!

While I agree that more decorative options are needed, there is a wonderful resource that I use to remind me of all the items that can be used for decoration. It is a comprehensive list of all the items in the game and what they look like. I find that when I look through it I get inspired with ideas for how to best use all the items in the game to decorate a room. Thanks to Malena for putting together the list:

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/119918-a-handy-list-for-all-the-decorators-out-there/#comment-1229536

• Like 1

I am happy that you guys replied but wurm can be so much more making a house actually more like a house and less of a glorified storage room would just be another step that can make the game a lot better.

I would love for furniture to have effects or advantages of some kind.  Maybe the inclusion of better beds help in some way.