Sign in to follow this  
Arkonick

You Don't need a model to add Tabards to a PVE WU server

Hints... armor.xml, ItemTemplateCreator, "CreationEntryCreator if you want a way to craft in game".

I asked this question the other day in Wurmunlimited channel an the only answer I was given is you need a model. This is not true I know it not to be true so I had to do it again my self and here is proof an some hints on how to do it if you are wanting it on your PVE server. No I want do a tut or tell you exactly how cause that takes away from my server being unique but I will give you hints.

• Like 1

Already done this but nice someone took the time to video.   

Now load in a client with no client mods and tell me how it looks.

Oh there is no way.    To make skin changes like im talking about you'd need a client mod and a server mod combo. 

Edited by razoreqx

Are you saying the client needs a mod in order for this to work? Nothing changed on the client only in graphics.jar simple xml file.

so instead of a mod you require the users to modify the client to see the graphics.   Its not a mod its a modified client.   Basically the same thing.

Which also

45 minutes ago, Arkonick said:

Are you saying the client needs a mod in order for this to work? Nothing changed on the client only in graphics.jar simple xml file.

This also means you are the only one that sees these changes,  others will have to do the same clients changes fof them to see.

I am not 100% sure i think argo's serverpacks mod could push the changed .xml file to the client.

Testing this out was on my to do list, but just not had the time. I was not doing it for the tabards, was going to try and get glimmer and addy chain sets to be glowy yellow and dark bluey black, and for the barding too, why should seryll have all the lime light.