Sign in to follow this  
Outlaw

Wurm in 4k?

4k gaming for a java game is quite laughable. Although I'm open to any "Improvement" that can potentially be added.

Edited by Legios

This is what it looks like on the new client, fullscreen, at 4k.

Print-Screen (what I see):

vJyZBlA.png

In-game Screenshot (what the client thinks I see):

xVR7FTB.jpg

Any news on the new GUI or 4k compatibility? :mellow:

Thanks! 

4 hours ago, kazthegreat said:

any update to 4k compatibility?

4k will be supported when 8k is common standard. 8k will not be supported at that time though

• Like 1

4k compatibility is part of the consideration with the new UI system, the old UI was designed before 4k even existed so upscaling wasn't really considered. 

4k is not yet common standard either, although systems are moving towards it, it's still a rather high end system cost, I don't see 8k becoming common any time in the next few years 

please forgive any re-iterations
I run mostly in 2K, easier that way to run advanced engine games at the desktop resolution because i don't get to max the settings out in 4K. (tho i can with wurm)
but even in 2K the UI is .. I have to change the font size everytime i alter the perms because the apply button is always hidden and i can only see the first few letter of the names on my friends list so i always close it. 
If development doesn't fully appreciate 4K, it should at least favour 2K. 
I think most people with a 1060/+ will be running in 2K or above. 

Edited by Steveleeb

On 3/9/2018 at 3:53 AM, Retrograde said:

4k compatibility is part of the consideration with the new UI system, the old UI was designed before 4k even existed so upscaling wasn't really considered. 

4k is not yet common standard either, although systems are moving towards it, it's still a rather high end system cost, I don't see 8k becoming common any time in the next few years 

i think future proof is the best way to go tho, 4k will be pretty common next year/the year after, may aswell steer towards that. 8k i agree not very common, probably 4 - 5 years time

Edited by Mclavin
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mclavin said:

i think future proof is the best way to go tho, 4k will be pretty common next year/the year after, may aswell steer towards that. 8k i agree not very common, probably 4 - 5 years time

It's commonplace already, they're very cheap now.

I'm going to assume you mean 4k is really cheap now, your reply wasn't very clear on that. 
I think you'll find the 4K that are `very cheap` aren't 4K HDR. I personally haven't seen many cheap 4k panels old or new, but my version of cheap is not the same as yours. 
also, it's not a matter of the display device being cheap, it's a question of who has a machine that can run WO (or anything else) at that res. 

tho as mclavin said and i agree, futureproof is a better way to go.
(some people aren't running 4k rigs yet, when i say futureproof, i mean from their perspective)

Edited by Steveleeb
added brackets

yeah i'll give u that. not available in the UK, can get it shipped `for free` but the import tax would probably be a nightmare. 
almost half the price of my LG 49" 4K and is HDR.. mine isn't.
that's quite a find, i wouldn't call it normal to find such a bargain but i'd consider buying it following your share, if i wasn't already stuck with a non-HDR one. 
If i was to look for an equivalent in the UK, i'd only be able to find 43" at that price. 
All that said.. i wouldn't call £320 `very cheap`, i'd call it `pretty affordable`
course u need a 1060 or above to game at that resolution. which costs another £320

I acknowledge the affordability of 4K screens.

• Like 1