Sign in to follow this  
Emoo

Bloody Drongo | Gaming Series and other random videos

Hey guys so now I'm back actively making videos again I just thought I'd make a new thread that I can drop all my non Wurm related content into. Which will included mainly CS:GO related videos and then random other games (Right now I'm currently piecing together a Rimworld Video series).

If you have any requests for games I should play or suggestions for video ideas please let me know!

Cheers!

CS:GO

Spoiler

Rimworld:

Spoiler

Edited by Emoo
Moderation edit
  • Like 3

Should organise a MR (hell even other kingdoms?) unturned smash up and record the highlights of it.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Redd said:

Should organise a MR (hell even other kingdoms?) unturned smash up and record the highlights of it.

It's been awhile, would be a fun idea for sure! 

• Like 1

Unturned is still sitting on my hard drive >.<

So I've just uploaded the first episode of my Rimworld lets play series. I'm loving the game so far it's fantastic fun!

Has anyone else been playing it much? 

Spoiler

Only read some of the Rimworld books... assuming its related anyways?

Granted the concept of a rimworld isn't particularly new in scifi. coughhalocough

Edited by Klaa

19 hours ago, Klaa said:

Only read some of the Rimworld books... assuming its related anyways?

Granted the concept of a rimworld isn't particularly new in scifi. coughhalocough

Nah i don't think it's related in any way to the books.  

It's more inspired by Dwarf Fortress and Firefly apparently? 

Anyway whatever the story is behind it episode 2 is now live! This time a blooming romance gets ended, our settlement gets a name and we prepare against our first raid! 

Spoiler

• Like 1

Mmm dwarf-fortress-for-dummies. Almost feel like starting a new DF game.

http://kotaku.com/how-my-colonists-died-in-rimworld-ranked-from-least-to-1785129143

But... after you bought it, and are playing it. Is it really worth $30 US?

EDIT: Also is that the only "layer" on the z-axis to work with? Such as like in DF, one can tunnel down or build up to create areas with multiple stories.

Edited by Klaa

56 minutes ago, Klaa said:

Mmm dwarf-fortress-for-dummies. Almost feel like starting a new DF game.

http://kotaku.com/how-my-colonists-died-in-rimworld-ranked-from-least-to-1785129143

But... after you bought it, and are playing it. Is it really worth $30 US?

EDIT: Also is that the only "layer" on the z-axis to work with? Such as like in DF, one can tunnel down or build up to create areas with multiple stories.

Not as far as I'm aware currently there is not however, the code infrastructure is in place to allow it to become a reality in the future. So it seems as though it's a very much planned feature at some point down the track.

As to whether the game is worth $30....personally I found it to be (Even though I still resent paying that much for an Alpha build of a game). However is this case the game atleast feels "Finished" enough that's it's still highly enjoyable to play and offers enough depth and variation that I'm still as of yet to get board with it afew weeks later. Which is more than what I can say for some polished triple A titles that have come out. 

In saying that though, I can see the game not being for everyone and at times it can be frustrating simply due to the luck element that arises from time to time. 

• Like 1

Aye saw the comments and reviews about how nicely it played for an "Alpha".

Eh I'll give it a go. Latest paycheck is still fresh and burning a hole in my bank account. Famous last words... :P

Episode 3 of Rimworld is now up! This time round we fight off our first ever raid, attempt to take prisoners manage to get a pet emu and a love triangle develops! :)

Spoiler

• Like 2

Spoiler

rtwdjMU.jpg

Try get a dining room, horse shoes (pretty sure you had some, can't remember for sure) and individual rooms. See if that helps the mood out.

Your videos got me to go grab the game :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vinius said:
  Hide contents

rtwdjMU.jpg

Try get a dining room, horse shoes (pretty sure you had some, can't remember for sure) and individual rooms. See if that helps the mood out.

Your videos got me to go grab the game :)

Yeah I work on that later into the game (I opted for chess in my dining room rather than horse shoes).  At this point in time I've recorded about 9 episodes which I'm gunna try to release every couple of days (with more coming!). I'm still very much learning as I go so please bare with my noobishness at the game sometimes. Glad to see you playing it though! How are you enjoying it so far?

I'll just look forward to the episodes then (and more deed building time lapse).

I think its a balancing act of trying to get the difficulty where its challenging, but you don't wipe to the first few aggressive events. I also opened up the ancient cave, do not recommend.

Ah man... you got a pet emu? Best I had was a tiger auto-taming on its own :(

Survived for a while thanks to snagging some light machine guns from a raiding party (thank god, we don't have to make ammunition in this version). Got those thanks to packing shotguns... equipped them on the best shooters and had them hunker behind sandbags.

Grenades were okay to deal with, even though never had to plan for that in DF. The delay on exploding is a nice touch. Gives you juuust enough hope, before BOOM.

Ran into problems with the incendiary launchers. Oh I killed the raiders just fine; however, my "dwarves" were too tired and injured to fight off the ensuing fires, which engulfed the wooden structures used as temp housing while miners worked.

Believe my mistake was not building and researching stone blocks earlier on.

21 hours ago, vinius said:

I'll just look forward to the episodes then (and more deed building time lapse).

I think its a balancing act of trying to get the difficulty where its challenging, but you don't wipe to the first few aggressive events. I also opened up the ancient cave, do not recommend.

Ancient cave eh? Was wondering about such when I came across a steel wall while mining. Was merely a wall; though, the steel was nice.

Edited by Klaa

Double post... should be punished ;)

Fun game overall, especially for a DF fan. Hits that scifi itch too.

Only complaint I have is how picky the "humans" are. It may be simply from my inability so far to grasp the intricacies of the mood system; however, it seems to be far less forgiving than the DF one. Long as you kept your dwarves liquored up and busy, they would happily charge the gates of hell for you (literally... spoiler alert :P).

However, in Rimworld... psychotic breaks have become the bane of my gameplay. On a related note, is shot-gunning the victim to break a berserk status the only method? :ph34r:

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 1

This episode in Rimworld I fight off another raid which yields unexpected results! 

@KlaaI have to say I have had more or less similar experiences to you but I'm glad you're enjoying the game aswell!!

Spoiler

• Like 1

Great videas, :) I really enjoy watching you play Wurm or Rimworld hah

Thanks to your Brewery I found out about Rimwold, got it... and now I ended up highly addicted... (playing until 6am argh.... there goes my sleep AND wurm time ^^; )

As you said "Challenger" mode sure is challenging but geting the hang of it - it's really fun. :)

Kinda love the random element of the game, makes it feel so dynamic...any event that happens has also a high potential of completly screwing you over though.

I mean, what can I do when Pete is turned down 4 times in a row by Kimmy... then he goes super emo berserk all the time until he is eventually shot dead.

Then again had a similiar situation between John and Lumi and the 5th time he tried I thought its alllll over, but nope... she accepted his proposal and eventually they ended up marrying... but until the marriage he was still hurt about the previous turn downs. In my opinion he should be instantly on cloud 7 but maybe thats just me. :)

Also love when these mechanoid spaceships crashland... totaly sandbaging em up and putting turrets around em then trigger whatever comes out.

Though always wondered how EMP granades may work on them...(haven't had a chance to t ry that yet)

Anyhow, enjoying your videos a great deal and thought I would drop a thumbs up - makes Wurming feel less lonely. ;D

On 8/21/2016 at 10:21 PM, Milkdrop said:

Great videas, :) I really enjoy watching you play Wurm or Rimworld hah

Thanks to your Brewery I found out about Rimwold, got it... and now I ended up highly addicted... (playing until 6am argh.... there goes my sleep AND wurm time ^^; )

As you said "Challenger" mode sure is challenging but geting the hang of it - it's really fun. :)

Kinda love the random element of the game, makes it feel so dynamic...any event that happens has also a high potential of completly screwing you over though.

I mean, what can I do when Pete is turned down 4 times in a row by Kimmy... then he goes super emo berserk all the time until he is eventually shot dead.

Then again had a similiar situation between John and Lumi and the 5th time he tried I thought its alllll over, but nope... she accepted his proposal and eventually they ended up marrying... but until the marriage he was still hurt about the previous turn downs. In my opinion he should be instantly on cloud 7 but maybe thats just me. :)

Also love when these mechanoid spaceships crashland... totaly sandbaging em up and putting turrets around em then trigger whatever comes out.

Though always wondered how EMP granades may work on them...(haven't had a chance to t ry that yet)

Anyhow, enjoying your videos a great deal and thought I would drop a thumbs up - makes Wurming feel less lonely. ;D

Thankyou so much for the support. Sometimes with videos like these that only get 40-50 views in the first week I somewhat question whether I should move on to doing something that is more popular. However words of encouragement such as yours helps me keep on going with series such as these. Aslong as there's people out there enjoying the content then I'll keep putting it out!  

I'm glad you're enjoying the game, I can totally relate to enjoying the random elements, the narratives that come out of this weird events can create such interesting timelines!

Thankyou again! 

Honestly, that is the first time ever I permanently keep my eyes on someone on youtube and look forward to the next video. ^^`

(most likely because I enjoy both of the games and the content is pretty great, your Brewery videos did the last push on me to return to wurm... :) - nice 4th Episode on your Brewery too! :) That mineshaft... )

I think I gona see to reactivate my old YT account and give it some proper clicks there.

• Like 1

On 23/08/2016 at 7:42 PM, Milkdrop said:

Honestly, that is the first time ever I permanently keep my eyes on someone on youtube and look forward to the next video. ^^`

(most likely because I enjoy both of the games and the content is pretty great, your Brewery videos did the last push on me to return to wurm... :) - nice 4th Episode on your Brewery too! :) That mineshaft... )

I think I gona see to reactivate my old YT account and give it some proper clicks there.

Thanks for the high praise :)

In video news, I have another CS:GO video out a short while ago. Nothing serious, more just a mashing together of the stupid things matchmaking sends your way when queing with friends. 

Hopefully it's worth a laugh! 

Edited by Pandalet
Moderation edit

Welcome to Episode 5 of the the Rimworld Series!  In this episode we see the continuing development of the romance between Tiger and Anna which sends Grim further into a spiral of depression! 

Spoiler

• Like 2

Whaaaa! yours actually got hitched!? And there still was a spiraling descent into depressions and psychotic breaks?

Mine keep breaking up...

• Like 1

On 8/26/2016 at 11:26 PM, Klaa said:

Whaaaa! yours actually got hitched!? And there still was a spiraling descent into depressions and psychotic breaks?

Mine keep breaking up...

Well they are engaged to get married after Anna broke up with Grim on like day 2 (Which has given me all kinds of problems since as it gives like -15 mood for over a month which is joke!) So now Anna is with Tiger and they're engaged gawd only hopes it goes well or things are going to get messy!  

• Like 1

Welcome to Episode 6 of the the Rimworld Series! In this episode we get trade caravans for days and an upset Grim goes totally Berserk!!

Spoiler

• Like 1