Sign in to follow this  
Enki

~~~ Duce ~~~ 1972 - 2016

Found a couple more:

[19:57:31] <@Shrimpiie> what is it you do as a job again?
[19:57:49] <@Duce> drinking and being exquisite

[17:07:02] <Duce> I am attempting to put 100 fish on every tile in Kyara
[17:07:43] <Duce> I finally got my [Manipulator] title and ran out of other productive things to do

• Like 12

Sad to her that the day have come for him. I always liked Duce, he have been part of the heart of JK for so long. Alot of people have come and gone in JK over the years but Duce have always been one of a few solid players that always helped people.

• Like 3

This just hurts real bad, but I suppose there's some peace in knowing his suffering has come to a close.

Duce was a wonderful person. I cannot even begin to describe his selfless character and attitude.

I'm truly upset we never got to get together for that drink in Vegas, although I'm sure there's plenty of that in the future for us. :)

Until we meet again, I'll miss you, good friend.

• Like 11

Sad news he was a very unique person.

From the storys he told that made drink come out ur nose, the remarks he made that were wrong on so many levels yet u couldnt help but want to hear more to the kindness of always being there to help his kingdom out. 

If he was online you knew you were gonna get a laugh. Always a pleasure to talk to.

Many of you have already said how I feel... Wurm has lost a true kind heart

R.I.P mate.

• Like 2

Duce.. who doesnt have  encountered him one way or the other therough the years.

You will be missed mate.

untill we see us again!

~Elwood

I didn't know him at all, but I'm sad that we've lost another member of our Wurm family. RIP Duce.

Like everyone else that knew him I had nothing but total respect.

Gutted

#kingofquotes

#rip

• Like 2

I met Duce on my 1st day in Wurm back on JK home. Over the years he was extremely helpful and hilarious. I will never forget when he let me barrow one of his priest to do some enchanting. The password for the priests account was "kimmygibblerstits". I laughed so hard. As many others have said, story time with duce was always extremely entertaining and hilarious. Its hard to believe that he has passed. All the happy thoughts and positive energy I have are going out to you old friend.

PS. DUCO PLEASE IMP MY MANHAMMER!!

• Like 3

This comes as a huge blow to me. He was always a great person to talk to and be around. Very selfless as one can be. Also encouraged me to get a job when i was down on my luck.

He trusted me during times when no one else would, especially when i was trying to get my feet back into JK. Even helped with prem a couple times, now i wont be able to repay him :(.

He will be very missed, till we meet again.

• Like 1

wow.. to see all these Wurm legends  come online to bid farewell to an obvious legend ... man i wish i was around a few years earlier.. to know this man well.. to know you hardly knew him at all.. what a great man..  sad to see you go.. to you and yours ..time and all that..

I have never had the chance to know Duce, but reading all the accounts of others I realize that we all lost a special man. Let's never forget to get to know others as friends, because they can pass so quickly...

• Like 3

Duce was a great guy in Wurm, highly respectable. I never got to know the man outside of Wurm, but I suspect his online persona very much reflected his real life one. 

It's sad news to know that humanity has lost another good one. 

• Like 1

He was a dear friend to everyone fortunate enough to call him a friend.

I'll never forget his quotes, his wisdom and his natural fatherlike nature that was the core of JK. The guy had a presence like no other I've ever met, and the amount he did for others while still finding the energy to crack a joke or tell a story astounds me.

My biggest regret is that I never took a chance to have a drink with him, cause if you know Duce, you know that'd be 'one' drink you'd never forget.

Death is like a greedy, spoilt child, it always takes the good ones too quickly.

Good bye old friend, you'll never be forgotten.

• Like 4

Having just learned of this myself..i am very upset to hear of his passing...he was a good friend..someone i could always talk to on anything and get the help i needed..a man who garnered my respect..and that never comes easy to anyone..He shall be remembered forever..

I didn't know Duce, but I was born and raised in Red Deer. Might have passed him on the street and not known it.

From what I've read here, Duce seemed like an amazing person. You will be remembered Duce, even by those who didn't know you. 
Take care and R.I.P. Rebel Pride.

EDIT: I really appreciate being part of a community that truly remembers its fallen brethren. 
duce2.png
(P.S. That's a rare colossus named Duce near [built by] Alexandria on Celebration.)

Edited by Matholameu
Some pictures.

Damn, Duce.  It happened a year ago, and I didn't know.   I'm sorry.  ;(  

I'm sorry for necroposting this thread too.  But I don't care.   Duce was one of the best people I met on Wurm.   I remember when he joined Kyara, and it wasn't really very long before he became the soul of our little online community.    I miss his candor.   And I will miss him.   I wish I had a chance to say goodbye.  

• Like 9

Even though I swore off this game, I could feel this loss from beyond.

Duce you would hate for us to be all mopey. There will be a drunken pilgrimage in your honor to the virtual lands you inhabited, which may or may not involve blackjack and nudity. In no specific order.

Your legacy lives on in all of us.

• Like 9