Sign in to follow this  
Xyp

[Released] Craftable Pauldrons

This mod will allow your players to craft all the various pauldrons that are now available in the latest release.

The properties file will allow you to adjust the difficulty for crafting each pauldron type. Note that an 80 difficulty gives a 51% chance with an 80ql tool, 80ql material, and 60 skill.

I have made the required crafting skill be adjusted based on the model of the type of pauldron. The skills are plate armour smithing, chain armour smithing, leatherworking, jewel crafting, and pottery (pottery used for skulls and boars). Also there is 1 carpentry pauldrontype.

I have marked this as alpha, because there has only been limited testing done, and there may be changes/additions/fixes as a result. Please post comments and problems here.

Ago's Modloader required!

Download it at https://github.com/Dynarev/craftablepauldrons/releases/latest

Note: If you spawn pauldrons in via ebony wand, make SURE you use pauldrons NOT shoulders. Shoulders are the vanilla version and there are reports that they are causing server crashes due to being a rift item.

If you enjoy this mod consider buying me coffee! http://paypal.me/mythmoor 

This mod and all future mods created by me, using items, will have template id's in the 3000-3200 range. If you have other mods using id's in this range there may be conflicts and you should take a look at some adjustments. I am doing this because Ago's mod loader's auto assignment sometimes does not give the same ID for every server on a multi server cluster. This causes issues when transferring. So I will from now forward use this bock range as Xype's block.

Edited by Xyp
  • Like 6

wonderful Xypi :D and thank you for this awesome mod

This is what I'm experiencing when I try to craft iron and steel pauldrons:

Using Steel Lump:

Spoiler

6845a92d24.jpg

Using Iron Lump:

Spoiler

dac1b01045.jpg

I have no idea if this only affects me. Currently running the latest update of Ago's modloader.

Edited by Blisik

Nothing happens when I try to click on a pauldron to craft, it just opens a new sub-section.

Xyp did you add in the tables to  Modcom for the ID's? (this would also solve your cluster transfer issue)   I've not had time to play with this yet.    

Edited by razoreqx

it works now, all tested, please use beta version I fixed that issue. The problem was I was using ID's too high, the system did not like it (I have something else going on with my test server that allows the high ID's) so I adjusted to 3k range instead of 30k range. It was causing an action fault. Putting on my live servers now.

• Like 1

Aware of an issue where pauldrons are not improvable. Will update this as soon as a finish up with another mod I am working on. If you would like to try and fix this yourself, I believe the item just needs the repairable(44) added to new short section for each pauldron in createItemTemplate

Note I have not tested this, but without getting back to working on this mod, I believe that is all that will be needed.

Edited by Xyp

Are the effects from them actually implemented in WU, or are they purely cosmetic for now?

They are cosmetic at the moment. The effects are not in WU. This is part of the reason I label it beta, I am considering trying to add effects later.

Fixed pauldrons so they can now be improved. Also fixed some item type issues. Unfortunately this fix did not work retroactively. Most if not all previously created pauldrons will still work, but will not be improvable due to item type issues that were corrected.

Eject did update his server with the new mod version. Pauldrons created after the update can not be equipped in the shoulder slots.

New release available that fixes this issue.

1 hour ago, Bekador said:

Eject did update his server with the new mod version. Pauldrons created after the update can not be equipped in the shoulder slots.

• Like 1

Hey Xyp. Are there any preview so people crafting them know what they are looking like?

Nope, however they are relatively easy and cheap to craft.

That link doesn't work, is this still supported?

We took photos of all the pauldrons.  You can see them here.

I've posted the copy I have of this mod here, but please don't ask me to help with it in any way.  I know almost nothing about coding, and am just sharing my copy while we wait for a working link.

earburns: @Devily and @Calthaza

Edited by Batta
updated the link to pauldron photo gallery

12 hours ago, Batta said:

We took photos of all the pauldrons.  You can see them here.

I've posted the copy I have of this mod here, but please don't ask me to help with it in any way.  I know almost nothing about coding, and am just sharing my copy while we wait for a working link.

earburns: @Devily and @Calthaza

tyvm for that!! Huge help :)

Just a note:  the pottery pauldrons (boar, skull, human skull) do NOT need to be fired.  My kiln wouldn't take them, so I put them into a forge where they glowed for a long time before it occurred to me that they were meant to remain clay so that they can be imped.  🙂   I hope this saves someone else a half hour in front of the forge, lol.

link is dead.... is there an active download link somewhere for this mod? i'd like to include it on my server edit foundit

Edited by Datgai

On 1/30/2020 at 2:22 AM, Datgai said:

link is dead.... is there an active download link somewhere for this mod? i'd like to include it on my server edit foundit

Any chance you could provide it?