Sign in to follow this  
Zachariah

Rift 8/09 - This one is a crazy one!

Hey Inde,

I went out today to try and locate the beacon as I don't think anyone has gotten an exact location. I went out from collosus lake and found it to be all the way at M12. On the Albia Roads map it is located just west of Lone Wolf 2 grid squares south of 20x40y (view spoiler below for the exact location)

Spoiler

ea20569188.jpg

If you follow the road south from the long bridge just east of Albia Estates on the Albia Roads Map you will come to a guard tower with a rough cobblestone path going to the west. Follow that up toa small bridge to a gate house. Go inside and the rift is right in there. 

The rift is located in a very built up area. It seems as if it was a recently disbanded deed.(See screenshots below of the fighting area) The physical beacon was fenced in, however, I have opened up 2 fences so that the mobs are able to escape. I am very curious to see what the rift will do with this one as there are 2 big buildings within 5 tiles of the beacon and many many fences.

Spoiler

PiiFYqR.jpg

Y38vwjS.jpg

OhxauVN.jpg

Because the ride was very tiring for me I don't have the brain power to do the math to provide a timer, however, if someone posts one below I can add it to the main post. 

Good luck with this one guys and maybe take screenshots of the aftermath as I don't think I will be able to make it but am very curious as to what the rift will do with everything. 

• Like 1

I'd be interested in hearing how this one played out from those of you who attended.

Were the houses and gates an aid or a a hinderance?  Was any of the land terraformed badly?  Did you make use of the mines?

Houses, walls and the bridge remain intact, there are only some transformations to the terrain and trees like usual.

Because of the fences, a jackal is left behind by his friends. A rumour says he is seeking therapy for his violent behaviour and wishes a peaceful life on Indie.

• Like 1

I'd be interested in hearing how this one played out from those of you who attended.

My buddy Dano and I went to this, and out of all the rifts we have attended so far this location was the worst by far.

It actually would have been nice if the rift took out all the fences and pens that were part of the old deed it dropped on.

The plateau  was like 40 x 40 maybe with 20 slope roads going up to it, and had a bunch of houses and fences everywhere.

Plus the aggro range for these mobs is a lot bigger then the area it was spawned on.

And to top it off, we only had 10 people attend so it made for a long event, we went through a crap ton of cotton.

I like the randomness of these rifts but there should be some sort of terrain checks in place for them to spawn.

Like not near buildings or the area should consist of at least 100 x 100 unimpeded area.

I was under the impression that the less people you had the lower amount of mobs spawn, not the case.

Don't know how many more of these I'll be attending, doesn't seem worth the time and effort.

I like the rift events but they need some tweaks.

• Like 1

It was fine, had a bit of trouble finding a decent spot to kill everything from. When one was found we managed to start killing them. Someone kept aggroing them all over and overwhelming us instead of taking a little at a time(Not going to name who cause you know who you are). Other than that I think only 1 person died.

I forgot to bring cotton, LT sword/halberd was handy only to a certain point then I had to back out.

Anyway I had fun even though it lasted about 3 hours.

Would love to see more join in next time and I'll possibly bring my priest for a little extra damage.

And I will try and remember to bring cotton as well.

So I disband one of my big deed a few weeks ago. Then come back after a few weeks to pick up my alts and see the whole area trashed by a rift. What a surprise that was.

Edit: I  disbanded that deed 14 days before the rift spawned in the middle of it.

Edited by Borieck
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Borieck said:

So I disband one of my big deed a few weeks ago. Then come back after a few weeks to pick up my alts and see the whole area trashed by a rift. What a surprise that was.

Edit: I  disbanded that deed 14 days before the rift spawned in the middle of it.

Lol. That kind of sucks. Genrally we will attempt to rebuild the area if we know who was there we just assume that it haden't been inhabited in a while. 

No need to rebuild it. The rift did a lot more damage than you did by removing the few fences. I just moved to my smaller deed down on the coast by that place and just disbanded to get get all the silver I had stuck in upkeep in a deed I no longer did anything with.